The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR History paper 2 revision

What were your guys opinions on paper 1 of OCR History? (I did the cold war(and cuban missile crisis and vietnam) and Germany.
Paper 2 is coming up and we haven't looked at that in as much detail as we did paper 1. My topics are:
-The Liberal Reforms
-Votes for women
-The home front
-The treaty of versailles
Does anybody have any good revision sources for these? I practically know nothing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by gemmasampson1

Does anybody have any good revision sources for these? I practically know nothing

http://www.mrallsophistory.com/revision/revision.html

This is a fantastic series of podcasts for OCR.

You could also use: http://www.johndclare.net/ if you prefer reading notes rather than listening.
Reply 2
I'm doing GCSE OCR History paper 2 also, but I'm just doing Public Health in Britain 1800-1914.
Original post by wizward
http://www.mrallsophistory.com/revision/revision.html

This is a fantastic series of podcasts for OCR.

You could also use: http://www.johndclare.net/ if you prefer reading notes rather than listening.

Thank you so much! You may have just saved my History GCSE :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by gemmasampson1
Thank you so much! You may have just saved my History GCSE :wink:

No problem! I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck.
Original post by lauzy00
I'm doing GCSE OCR History paper 2 also, but I'm just doing Public Health in Britain 1800-1914.

Okay, i'm so confused, i have paper 2 on Wednesday and I don't know what it's going to be about!

I did paper 1 on medicine through time and germany depth study.
My teacher said paper 2 (developments in British Medicine 1200-1945) for us will be on public health.
But when i look at the past paper June2013 was public health,
but Jan2013 was surgery, june2012 was penicillin, jan2012 was public health again but then june2011 was nursing jan2011 was jenner, june2010 was quack doctors, jan2010 was surgery.

I'm so confused! Does it change each year and OCR tell schools which topic it will be and for 2015 it is public health or...? Like i really don't understand.

Will my exam be on public health DEFINITELY OR...?
Reply 6
Original post by Frappé
Okay, i'm so confused, i have paper 2 on Wednesday and I don't know what it's going to be about!

My teacher said paper 2 (developments in British Medicine 1200-1945) for us will be on public health.
but Jan2013 was surgery, june2012 was penicillin, jan2012 was public health again but then june2011 was nursing jan2011 was jenner, june2010 was quack doctors, jan2010 was surgery.

I'm so confused! Does it change each year and OCR tell schools which topic it will be and for 2015 it is public health or...? Like i really don't understand.

If you look on your exam timetable, it will say Public Health as it does on mine. If your doing the same paper as me then it is definitely on public health, I can reassure you :smile:
I could give you a list from the specification, but I'm not sure if its got everything.. Doyou want me to post it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by b.l
If you look on your exam timetable, it will say Public Health as it does on mine. If your doing the same paper as me then it is definitely on public health, I can reassure you :smile:
I could give you a list from the specification, but I'm not sure if its got everything.. Doyou want me to post it?

Few okay i can stop panicking!
That would be nice thanks actually :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Frappé
Few okay i can stop panicking!
That would be nice thanks actually :smile:

gcse history paper 2.JPGHope it helps :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Frappé

That does sound confusing? We've always been told it's Public Health in Britain 1800-1914. I did medicine and Germany like you also. It says Public Health on my exam timetable, what does it say on yours?
Reply 10
HI, so im doing ocr gcse paper 2 too, and im doing the british depth study. My teacher said that the paper would be based on one of the following topics (women suffrage/suffragette , liberal reforms, or the home front) Does anyone have any suggestions which one will come up. And does anyone have any tips on analysing sources since this whole paper is source based
Original post by Ruby.d
HI, so im doing ocr gcse paper 2 too, and im doing the british depth study. My teacher said that the paper would be based on one of the following topics (women suffrage/suffragette , liberal reforms, or the home front) Does anyone have any suggestions which one will come up. And does anyone have any tips on analysing sources since this whole paper is source based

Based on the last few papers (Liberals and Homefront) it would mean Women would come up...but that's no guarantee.

I'm quite worried myself about the analysing sources part, easily the hardest paper. BUT, it is worth 30%, so it's not as important.

Best way to learn how to analyse is to practise with past papers http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/gcse-history-b-modern-world-j417-j117-from-2012/ and DEFINITELY use the mark scheme, they are best way to learn what kind of things OCR expect to read as examiners.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by wizward
Based on the last few papers (Liberals and Homefront) it would mean Women would come up...but that's no guarantee.

I'm quite worried myself about the analysing sources part, easily the hardest paper. BUT, it is worth 30%, so it's not as important.

Best way to learn how to analyse is to practise with past papers http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/gcse-history-b-modern-world-j417-j117-from-2012/ and DEFINITELY use the mark scheme, they are best way to learn what kind of things OCR expect to read as examiners.

Okay thank you. Although you say its "ONLY" 30% you must be sure of your paper 1 mark and your coursework mark But thank you i will take extra care at revising women
Original post by b.l
gcse history paper 2.JPGHope it helps :smile:

Thank you!!
Original post by Frappé

Yes it will paper 2 I always on public health I have mine on Wednesday too
Would i be able to learn reforms, woman, and the homefront stuff etc in one day? starting tomorrow obviously
Reply 16
Reply 17
Im doing paper 2 on protests (suffragettes, Luddites, tolpulldle martyrs etc) the only thing in anxious about is the last question as it's worth 16 marks. Anyone know how to structure the answers to these questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
im doing paper 2 on suffragetes, liberals, and british home front! i rlly struggle w sources! any tips?
Our teacher has only just told us that this year the paper is changing!! Is this true? Apparently you don't get the information at the start of the sources now and the final question is more of an essay question??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending