The Student Room Group

OCR Business studies F297 - SHL Pre- Release 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by raypalmer

the one after J

Right, thanks for that, can I then assume that C is 11/12, G is 24/92 and J is 39/107?
Original post by anish.s97
How many minutes should you spend on the 18 markers and the 23 marker for the f297 paper

Not to sure to be honest. I've been thinking along the lines of spending 5/8 minutes on 13 marker.. and then 20 minutes on the 18 marks then 45 minutes on 23 marks... then 5/10minutes to review.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Merrick8432
Right, thanks for that, can I then assume that C is 11/12, G is 24/92 and J is 39/107?

No worries, yes that is correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyones done any essays/questions, would u mind posting them on here, i find them really helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to answer a shareholder question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thepatel_1
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to answer a shareholder question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt that a sole shareholder question would come up but it may be part of a stakeholders question just look at objectives, p&l account would be my advice.
Original post by GrundaloO
I doubt that a sole shareholder question would come up but it may be part of a stakeholders question just look at objectives, p&l account would be my advice.

Could u tell me a possible stakeholder question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could u tell me a possible stakeholder question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Something like:

Evaluate whether SHL's stakeholders would regard it as a successful business.

Discuss the financial and non-financial rewards to SHL's stakeholders of investing in Mardidi.
Original post by GrundaloO
Something like:

Evaluate whether SHL's stakeholders would regard it as a successful business.

Discuss the financial and non-financial rewards to SHL's stakeholders of investing in Mardidi.

But that could possibly be a 23 marker? How would you structure it?
Original post by anish.s97
How many minutes should you spend on the 18 markers and the 23 marker for the f297 paper

If your being exact then its 1.5x the number of marks, so for the 18 mark question you would spend 27 minutes and for the 23 marker you would spend 34.5 mins!
But that could possibly be a 23 marker? How would you structure it?

23 marker is the same as an 18 marker but with 5 marks for quality of written communication? So the same as an 18 and probably spend the same time on it.
No worries, yes that is correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, would you mind giving me the float times also? I think my teacher has given us dodgy answers. :facepalm:
Hi, could anyone help me out with critical path? My teacher was useless and I don't know how to work it out at all, I went to see him and he even said he forgot how to do it so isn't that a brilliant sign 😒 would be much appreciated!
Original post by Rachael97112
Hi, could anyone help me out with critical path? My teacher was useless and I don't know how to work it out at all, I went to see him and he even said he forgot how to do it so isn't that a brilliant sign 😒 would be much appreciated!

Yeah sure..
Each node there are two quadrants
1- the upper one is the EST - earliest start time
2- the lower one is the LFT - latest finish time

To work out EST:
Put a zero in the upper right had part of node 1
Then add the duration time of the activity to the EST of this activity to give the EST of the next activity

To work out LFT:
You work backwards
Give the last node of the project an LFT equal to its EST which is 110
Then working backwards from right to left.. subtract the duration of thr activity from the LFT of the node

Hope this helps. Sorry if I've confused you but it's easier if you read or illustrate from a diagram. If you would like a diagram then do PM
Original post by Merrick8432
Cool, would you mind giving me the float times also? I think my teacher has given us dodgy answers. :facepalm:

For C float= 1 day
For G float= 68 days
For J float= 68 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah sure..
Each node there are two quadrants
1- the upper one is the EST - earliest start time
2- the lower one is the LFT - latest finish time

To work out EST:
Put a zero in the upper right had part of node 1
Then add the duration time of the activity to the EST of this activity to give the EST of the next activity

To work out LFT:
You work backwards
Give the last node of the project an LFT equal to its EST which is 110
Then working backwards from right to left.. subtract the duration of thr activity from the LFT of the node

Hope this helps. Sorry if I've confused you but it's easier if you read or illustrate from a diagram. If you would like a diagram then do PM

Did u work out the free floats and the total floats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did u work out the free floats and the total floats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have :smile:
Yeah I have :smile:

Most of them are zero right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending