The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History 6HI03/C2 - USA - June 8th 2015 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Prosperity in the 1920's was more apparent than real, how far do you agree?

Is there any chance a question like that will come up? I know the boom came up last year but that was looking at the causes rather than a comparison essay
Original post by Drunken Bard
I would write more about the Red Scare, how many felt that improverished European immigrants would bring a wave of Communism and Anarchism into the country.

I was originally planning to do ww1, red scare and kkk, any tips for the ww1 and red scare paras? If you don't mind haha
Original post by Vicky___
Opposition to the new deal will only come up as a part A and its already come up twice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shouldn't come up then, social effects of the New Deal I hope won't be a question on it's own. The only effects it really had was the fact that many African American farmers missed out, also how the black voted changed massively towards the Democrats due to the fact around 30% of African American families were on relief.
With such a small range of topic, I doubt they will ask a question like that, unless Edexcel are particularly spiteful this year.
Does anybody know the grade boundaries for last years paper?
Original post by Drunken Bard
Shouldn't come up then, social effects of the New Deal I hope won't be a question on it's own. The only effects it really had was the fact that many African American farmers missed out, also how the black voted changed massively towards the Democrats due to the fact around 30% of African American families were on relief.
With such a small range of topic, I doubt they will ask a question like that, unless Edexcel are particularly spiteful this year.

I agree, the last few years the new deal has focused on the economic factors of the new deal, I have a feeling this year it may be a question on whether the new deal delivered relief etc which would allow discussion for both social and economic factors. Or even a question like June 2010 about whether it was the new deal or WW2 that solved the depression, which would be lovely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lizzyyy883
Does anybody know the grade boundaries for last years paper?

Last year it was 54 for an A*, 49 for an A, 44 for a B I think? and not sure on the rest

However they fluctuate quite a lot, the A* has been between 53-60

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got any points for Immigration policy?

IF a question on immigration came up, what sort of points would you guys make ?
When writing about the sources in part B, is it best to refer to the sources by the name of the author or merely 'source 7' ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the mark scheme they refer to the sources by the numbers, so I don't think it matters if you call them that. :smile:
WIN_20150607_170126.jpg
this is my plan for immigration, hope it helps! :smile:

Original post by stressedbrownboy
Same! I would appreciate help on structure and points to include aswell!
Original post by thewishfulwriter
In the mark scheme they refer to the sources by the numbers, so I don't think it matters if you call them that. :smile:

Thank you :smile: I've looked at example level 5 answers and most refer to them by the historians name but I doubt it matters really

Posted from TSR Mobile
WIN_20150607_170712.jpg
Original post by TomRussell26
I was originally planning to do ww1, red scare and kkk, any tips for the ww1 and red scare paras? If you don't mind haha

this is my plan for KKK hope it helps!
Original post by sarahalouane
WIN_20150607_170712.jpg

Yes that's great thanks!!
WIN_20150607_170712.jpg

Do you have one for prosperity in the years 1945-54?
Reply 133
Social and political tensions in 1920s just KKK, immigration/imposition of controls, prohibition/growing cities with a black urban population, jazz and women?

Posted from TSR Mobile
WIN_20150607_171909.jpg
Let me know if you need any more, the only one i dont have is mccarthism as im not bothering to revise it as its my worst topic and it cam up last year
Do you have one for prosperity in the years 1945-54?
Thank you :smile: I've looked at example level 5 answers and most refer to them by the historians name but I doubt it matters really

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much :smile: Good luck by the way!
WIN_20150607_171909.jpg
Let me know if you need any more, the only one i dont have is mccarthism as im not bothering to revise it as its my worst topic and it cam up last year

Thank you! I'm only learning kkk, immigration, prohibition and post war prosperity, if one of those doesn't come up for part a I'm screwed! Haha
Original post by JoshH3
Social and political tensions in 1920s just KKK, immigration/imposition of controls, prohibition/growing cities with a black urban population, jazz and women?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't forget the urban/rural divide. Many farmers and share croppers felt no benefits from the boom.
Thank you! I'm only learning kkk, immigration, prohibition and post war prosperity, if one of those doesn't come up for part a I'm screwed! Haha

Those are the 4 topics im most confident on!! i really hope one of them comes up so i can gt at least an A in this paper. How are you feeling for the 40 mark?
Original post by thewishfulwriter
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much :smile: Good luck by the way!

Thanks! You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending