The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by misty00
I have an online revision tool if you want

Probably a longshot, seeing when you posted this...but worth a try. Any chance you could provide me with the revision tool?? I'm currently preparing for the entrance exam for charles uni and I'm desperate for exam practice!
Reply 381
Hey I'm actually studying in Dubai and wondering if you've visited the university and talked about all the possibilities of working in the UK.
I want to join Charles uni next year I'm currently in the last year of school. I'm also looking forward to study medicine and I'm quite confused with all the negative comments regarding this uni if you could please help me out in understanding this it would be grateful 👌
Thank you 😎
Hi i am in year 13 and i live in manchester. i want to do medicine in prague and i heard that you need minimum of all C grades in your subjects can someone confirm this with me please because i can't find on there website the actual grade requirements. if someone can link me the required a level grade requirements it will be much appreciated!

i am aiming for AAB but personally i will be really happy with ABB for my results at levels. From people that i know that go there are mainly full A/A* candidates plus i only got a few A grades at GCSE does this matter and will this be too hard for me or can i work hard and still pass?

Btw i am doing bio chem and maths

Thanks to anyone that helps out x
Original post by Acer123
Hi i am in year 13 and i live in manchester. i want to do medicine in prague and i heard that you need minimum of all C grades in your subjects can someone confirm this with me please because i can't find on there website the actual grade requirements. if someone can link me the required a level grade requirements it will be much appreciated!

i am aiming for AAB but personally i will be really happy with ABB for my results at levels. From people that i know that go there are mainly full A/A* candidates plus i only got a few A grades at GCSE does this matter and will this be too hard for me or can i work hard and still pass?

Btw i am doing bio chem and maths

Thanks to anyone that helps out x

I don't know the exact grade requirements, but I got a C in Biology and they let me through. However, that was 5 years ago, so I don't know if they have changed anything to do with grade requirements since then. Same with the GCSEs.

However, your A-Levels or GCSE grades will not determine whether you pass or not. It's all about the work you put in. The more the better :smile:
Original post by VoodooTik
I don't know the exact grade requirements, but I got a C in Biology and they let me through. However, that was 5 years ago, so I don't know if they have changed anything to do with grade requirements since then. Same with the GCSEs.

However, your A-Levels or GCSE grades will not determine whether you pass or not. It's all about the work you put in. The more the better :smile:

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it
The grade requirements last year were grade C's or above in Biology and Chemistry and you had to have an AS in Maths or Physics. As I fell short and got a grade D in Chemistry so I took the Foundation year in the UK which I really did need. I have my entrance exam this week :smile:
Original post by MedicDee
The grade requirements last year were grade C's or above in Biology and Chemistry and you had to have an AS in Maths or Physics. As I fell short and got a grade D in Chemistry so I took the Foundation year in the UK which I really did need. I have my entrance exam this week :smile:

I private messaged you :wink:
I have my entrance exam for the 1st faculty on the 29th June. Can anyone help at all by suggesting revision material/tools? Thanks!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anna.28
I have my entrance exam for the 1st faculty on the 29th June. Can anyone help at all by suggesting revision material/tools? Thanks!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're not going to the revision course, then using just the CGP books should be fine
Thank you, I've never heard of them, but I should be able to find them online?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anna.28
Thank you, I've never heard of them, but I should be able to find them online?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be able to find them in most bookstores like WHSmith
You should be able to find them in most bookstores like WHSmith

Okay, I was looking online and do I want the A-level revision guide? Or the AS or A2 ones? Sorry, not as familiar with the English qualifications system

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anna.28
Okay, I was looking online and do I want the A-level revision guide? Or the AS or A2 ones? Sorry, not as familiar with the English qualifications system

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think A2
I think A2

Alright, thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think A2

One last thing, does it matter if it's the AQA or edexcel books?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anna.28
One last thing, does it matter if it's the AQA or edexcel books?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All my sciences were taught under the AQA syllabus. However, I don't think it matters
Reply 396
Hi Does anyone know what we wear to the exam and interview? A suit/shirt?
Original post by Blish
Hi Does anyone know what we wear to the exam and interview? A suit/shirt?

Formal attire
All my sciences were taught under the AQA syllabus. However, I don't think it matters

It does, slightly... Because some questions are slightly beyond the AQA spec :smile:
Can anyone tell me in a nutshell what the A level requirements are?

And what sort of score would be highly likely to get you in on the entrance exam?

Latest

Trending

Trending