The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely gutted for Djokovic, he played amazing to come through Nadal and Andy but he just came up against Wawrinka who played unbelievably! The dream for the career slam goes on for another year
wow...
Original post by lizzy95
Wawrinka has just played incredibly, gutted for Novak but he just came up against something too good this time
Your prediction actually turned out to be correct. Wawrinka did win it in 4 sets max.

Now if only you had put some money on it, you could have made a massive return. :tongue: Odds for Wawrinka to win were 6.8, with something around 20 to win 3-1.
Wawrinka was absolutely brilliant
woop woop Stan the Man does it! :biggrin:

gota feel for Novak though
Original post by hskjlclcn
Stan in 4 for me.. but nobody cares.

Gasquet is coming for you Wimbledon!

Ahem.. called it.
Once a choker always a choker. Stan too good.
Stan. The. Man.
Original post by eugenius 8
woop woop Stan the Man does it! :biggrin:

gota feel for Novak though

I know. Stan deserved it after that performance.
King Stannis Wawrinka
Original post by asr11
King Stannis Wawrinka

Giant Killer :biggrin:
Original post by snowman77
Your prediction actually turned out to be correct. Wawrinka did win it in 4 sets max.

Now if only you had put some money on it, you could have made a massive return. :tongue: Odds for Wawrinka to win were 6.8, with something around 20 to win 3-1.[/QUOT

Yep, very ironic indeed, would've loved to be wrong but Stan managed to keep his form throughout the tournament and that's what saw him over the line. When he's at his best I don't think anyone can beat him, consistency is what keeps him from the absolute pinacle of the sport.
Original post by Xotol
Once a choker always a choker. Stan too good.

Disappointed as a Djokovic fan but it was more Stan's brilliance than Djokovic choking. The best man won, privilege to see Stan's shot making and I'm happy that he's been able to win a slam without any naysayers pointing to any asterisks.
Congrats Stan!! What a staggering display of power hitting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahem.. called it.

So did I, once Novak's match went over 2 days given how Stan's been playing I went with him in 4. Hoped I'd be proved wrong but Stan didn't disappoint, that's for sure
Original post by lizzy95
So did I, once Novak's match went over 2 days given how Stan's been playing I went with him in 4. Hoped I'd be proved wrong but Stan didn't disappoint, that's for sure

Nah I don't buy the few people saying Novak lost this match, Stanimal deffo won it. Djokovic Will win the US but I don't think Wimbledon!
Did not expect that..
Nah I don't buy the few people saying Novak lost this match, Stanimal deffo won it. Djokovic Will win the US but I don't think Wimbledon!

Stan won it 100%. As a Djokovic fan the semi he lost to Nadal in 2013 was way more painful because the match was on his racquet then he let Nadal back in and of course went on to lose. With this match, it's no coincidence that the set Djokovic won occured when Stan was playing tentatively and missing his shots, once Stan was comfortable the match was his to lose. Wawrinka was just too good and surely can't be seen as an underdog for much longer now, perhaps other than Wimbledon he's a contender at all the slams. Hope Djokovic rebounds and grabs at least another slam this year, he still has a couple of years to win RG so he shouldn't let this loss get him too down, Stan was just too good and deserved it.
Original post by lizzy95
Stan won it 100%. As a Djokovic fan the semi he lost to Nadal in 2013 was way more painful because the match was on his racquet then he let Nadal back in and of course went on to lose. With this match, it's no coincidence that the set Djokovic won occured when Stan was playing tentatively and missing his shots, once Stan was comfortable the match was his to lose. Wawrinka was just too good and surely can't be seen as an underdog for much longer now, perhaps other than Wimbledon he's a contender at all the slams. Hope Djokovic rebounds and grabs at least another slam this year, he still has a couple of years to win RG so he shouldn't let this loss get him too down, Stan was just too good and deserved it.

Yep Stan defo won that, he was making some incredible shots and the backhand was looking effortless. I don't thin Djokovic played that bad, but Stan was looking best I've ever seen him.
Djokovic will not win Wimbledon, you can quote me on that. Will more than likely win US Open though.

Quick Reply

Latest