The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History 6HI03/C2 - USA - June 8th 2015 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frank Costello
Can someone sum up the rural vs urban divide?
Is it just KKK, prohibition, women, scopes trial?

I done a question on old vs new that got level 5 if you'd like it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahalouane
No problem! im hoping it is, i find it easier to talk about why it lasted so long rather than what caused it

Could there be a question on the impacts of the depression? E.g. hoboes. Or would you just slip a few facts into your essay on causes or how it was prolonged?
Original post by Vicky___

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooo I'd love to see this if that's ok!
Original post by ycullebanna
Could there be a question on the impacts of the depression? E.g. hoboes. Or would you just slip a few facts into your essay on causes or how it was prolonged?

I'm not sure, i hope not! i've never seen it before so i wouldnt imagine that they'd put it in as this exam is only going to be done twice more before they change the spec
I'm not sure, i hope not! i've never seen it before so i wouldnt imagine that they'd put it in as this exam is only going to be done twice more before they change the spec

Me too! What are you thinking will come up in Part A?
GUYS I KEEP GOING TO THE TOILET OUT OF NERVOUSNESS LOOOL!

Please please SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO STRUCTURE PART B !!!!???

What do you have to do with the sources TO GET 35 plus marks ????
Prohibition was on in 2013 and I'm pretty sure something to do with McCarthyism/Communism was on last year too?

to be honest, i havent really revised the last chapter at all - im much stronger with the Chapters 2, 3, 4 and 7 than chapter 8.

I'm really praying on Women/WWI/Rural vs. Urban/Policies of the 1920s

What are your predicitons
Original post by stressedbrownboy
GUYS I KEEP GOING TO THE TOILET OUT OF NERVOUSNESS LOOOL!

Please please SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO STRUCTURE PART B !!!!???

What do you have to do with the sources TO GET 35 plus marks ????

Make sure you cross reference the sources!!!! :smile:
Original post by Vicky___

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah please that'd be great
Original post by elliemarling
to be honest, i havent really revised the last chapter at all - im much stronger with the Chapters 2, 3, 4 and 7 than chapter 8.

I'm really praying on Women/WWI/Rural vs. Urban/Policies of the 1920s

What are your predicitons

I'm leaning towards Immigration, but I'm not too sure. If not, a general question on the social/political tensions in the 1920s.

What would you write about for women?! And what are the policies for the 1920s? D:
Me too! What are you thinking will come up in Part A?

im really hoping KKK, Immigration or post ww2 boom. I have a feeling the post ww2 boom will come up as it hasnt in a while and maybe even the first red scare as it hasnt come up before. What about you??
Original post by Drunken Bard
To sum it up.

Rural communities felt no effects from the boom. Agriculture was depressed already, no electricity in many parts, many (Particularly African Americans) move to cities seeking better living standards.

Urban communties felt under threat from such large African American migration into communities, hence why the KKK support spiked.

Thanks for the help
Reply 172
Anyone know reasons why slump turned into a depression? Got banking system, gold standard and the rising unemployment, what were the details of the bad banking system and what is the gold standard reason and any detail please?? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 173
I've been looking over past questions and by the looks of it ...

- Part A might either be to do with WW2 comparing it to the new Deal with regards to societal improvement or a communism question if they follow the pattern.
- And Part B may be possibly a McCarthy question because they haven't done one before or relief or recovery.

My teacher was saying the Spec overhaul they are having after next year means they are going to want to cover everything by next year so anything that hasn't come up may come up!
What are everyone else's predictions for Part A The new deal and recovery and Part B the new deal and recovery?:smile:
im really hoping KKK, Immigration or post ww2 boom. I have a feeling the post ww2 boom will come up as it hasnt in a while and maybe even the first red scare as it hasnt come up before. What about you??

Hoping for Immigration/KKK/Red Scare etc
Original post by DarcieT
I've been looking over past questions and by the looks of it ...

- Part A might either be to do with WW2 comparing it to the new Deal with regards to societal improvement or a communism question if they follow the pattern.
- And Part B may be possibly a McCarthy question because they haven't done one before or relief or recovery.

My teacher was saying the Spec overhaul they are having after next year means they are going to want to cover everything by next year so anything that hasn't come up may come up!
What are everyone else's predictions for Part A The new deal and recovery and Part B the new deal and recovery?:smile:

I don't think McCarthy could come in a part B question!
Make sure you cross reference the sources!!!! :smile:

Could u give me a short example ? I think my mistake is that I perceive cross referencing as using the sources as evidence 😫
Someone show me how to cross ref properly??
Hoping for Immigration/KKK/Red Scare etc

Will be so happy once this exam is done! As long as good questions come up, i think ill be okay
Reply 178
In a Part b are you still able to use Keynesians interpretations and monetarists and stuff like 'source 7 agrees with the monetarists interpretation of the causes of the boom'
Original post by stressedbrownboy
Could u give me a short example ? I think my mistake is that I perceive cross referencing as using the sources as evidence 😫
Someone show me how to cross ref properly??

Cross referencing is linking 2/3 sources together. So you could say "Source 1 and 2 both agree that…." or something like "Source 1 says _______ which can he strengthened by the argument made in Source 2…."

Hope that makes sense! (That's what I perceive to be cross referencing anyway)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending