The Student Room Group

Can you get an A at a level if you get an A in AS and an A in the A2 paper? HELP plea

(Anthropology not sociology couldn't find sociology tab)

I got an A for AS on both units last year i checked my results and it is 80 out of 100 (ums) - unit 1 and for unit 2, 82 out of 100 (ums) are they low grade A's?
If i get an A on the A2 papers will i het a A overall?! Also, how many marks would you need out of 90 for example to get an A? It says 64 out if 90 on the aqa grade boundaries but not sure if that's right

I'm really panicking because I need to get in uni with an A
Thank u
Reply 1
Original post by Chocolate1995
(Anthropology not sociology couldn't find sociology tab)

I got an A for AS on both units last year i checked my results and it is 80 out of 100 (ums) - unit 1 and for unit 2, 82 out of 100 (ums) are they low grade A's?
If i get an A on the A2 papers will i het a A overall?! Also, how many marks would you need out of 90 for example to get an A? It says 64 out if 90 on the aqa grade boundaries but not sure if that's right

You need 320/400UMS overall for an A, so, given you have 162 at AS, you need at least 158/200 from A2. The raw grade boundaries veary from year to year and you can find them here:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

Last year to get at least 80UMS you needed 64 raw in ANTH3 and 63 in ANTH4, so something round there ought to be sufficient to get you the A overall that you need.
Reply 2
No if you get an A in every exam of course you won't get an A :colonhash:
I thought you could urghhhhhhh
Reply 4
I thought you could urghhhhhhh

He's being sarcastic. It is possible to get 3As and a U and still get an A overall. If you get As on all the units you are guaranteed an A or an A*.
Original post by Compost
He's being sarcastic. It is possible to get 3As and a U and still get an A overall. If you get As on all the units you are guaranteed an A or an A*.

how can you get an A overall if you get one U?
I'm really panicking about it because I missed out a question
Reply 6
how can you get an A overall if you get one U?
I'm really panicking about it because I missed out a question

For an A you need 320UMS overall. (Assuming 4 equally weighted units of 100UMS each) That means you could, in theory, get 20 in one unit (40 is the UMS needed for an E) and still get 320 needed for an A overall. (In many 6 unit A levels you can get 0 on a unit - or even 2 units in the Sciences - and still get an A).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending