The Student Room Group

AQA French A2 2015 [Unit 3]

Scroll to see replies

does anyone have any predictions for the essay for ''Un architecte/metteur en scène/musicien/peintre francophone'' ??? - particularly the films. thanks ! x
Original post by llik
Does anyone know any useful websites to practise French comprehension?

I've just been looking through by a2 Nelson thornes grammar book and there is a test yourself section from page 48 which is quite useful, and there's some topic related reading exercises on there :smile:
For the vocab, if it helps anyone I made a set of levels on memrise of all the words from our textbook vocab lists, plus some extra stuff from class. There's over 1500 words so it should keep you busy :smile:

http://www.memrise.com/mobile/?redirect=/course/622265/aqa-a2-french-vocab-5/
Does anyone have any guesses on what could come up for the 'Une période de l’histoire de la France ou d’un autre pays francophone duvingtième siècle' section? Cheers:smile:
I'm doing Kiffe Kiffe Demain, really don't know how to structure these essays and how developed your points have to be to get full marks.

Anyone have any predictions on question 12, (on Novels or short stories)

+ anyone have any revision resources for KKD as I find this book a bit dull and hard to write a lot about :frown:
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what percentage this exam is of our overall A-Level grade?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by niamhy18
Hi guys,

Pretty sure AS and A2 are both split 75% writing and 25% speaking:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Original post by niamhy18
Hi guys,

35% (+ AS written paper 35%, and the 2 oral exams which are 15% each) = 100% :smile:
Original post by lemxn
35% (+ AS written paper 35%, and the 2 oral exams which are 15% each) = 100% :smile:

Thats what I meant aha doh :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelaurahagan
does anyone have any predictions for the essay for ''Un architecte/metteur en scène/musicien/peintre francophone'' ??? - particularly the films. thanks ! x

It's such a broad selection that the question will have to be vague... Maybe related to influences / techniques / How it developed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really recommend Duolingo if you just want to revise your basics and tenses!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone have essays for Kiffe Kiffe Demain..I'm stuck
i think one on messages will come up- as its come up in spanish and german butnot french!
Original post by Mathsfanatic123
Any guesses for what the essay questions could be for the book, I feel like there's not v much they can ask
Original post by CelineBean
Pretty sure AS and A2 are both split 75% writing and 25% speaking:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUO

Thanks so much!
TO ANYONE DOING LES CHORISTES/BARRATIER

For the metteur en scène essay they haven't done anything about influences so I think there's a large chance that could come up. The problem is, other than his past as a musician and the original 1945 film (or 1912 book if you want to mention La Nouvelle Guerre des Boutons), what were his influences?
anyone have any predictions for the book question? x
Reply 156
Does anyone have ideas for what techniques Francois Truffaut uses in his films?
Original post by lemxn
Does anyone have ideas for what techniques Francois Truffaut uses in his films?

I'm doing Truffaut too!
Space and music is quite important in his films like Les 400 Coups. When he's at home (or at school, but I tend to concentrate on his home so it's easier to link it to Truffaut's family life and childhood), there's a lot of close-up shots that show there's little space. There's also no music at all during these parts. But when Antoine is outside, really happy music plays (which creates a happy mood) and there's lot of space. Truffaut shows the space because Antoine and René can run and play, and he films from a high angle or uses a wide shot to show the entire environment surrounding them.

He also lets the children in his films improvise quite a bit, for example in L'argent de Poche when the teacher announces his wife has had a child and all the kids in his class ask him questions. He just told them to ask whatever they wanted, apparently! I think that it shows how much he liked and trusted kids, and it makes the dialogue and the way they act really natural too compared to how they would if everything was scripted.

Again in Les 400 Coups, he put the credits at the start so that the film would end on a close-up of Antoine. I've heard it was one of the first films to use a freeze-frame like that, so even though it seems a bit clichéd now it must have been quite innovative at the time! A close-up is a very emotional shot type, and Antoine doesn't seem very happy at all even though he's just escaped the observation center and he's reached the coast (I think he says something early on in the film about wanting to go to the sea? Not 100% on that though.)

Hope they helped! Sorry this was quite long!

Does anyone have any ideas about themes? I feel like I'm okay with techniques, but I feel like all I have for themes is the connection to his childhood. :redface:
Anyone doing Amelie/Jeunet want to discuss his influences?
Original post by Soumaiya
Does anyone have any guesses on what could come up for the 'Une période de l’histoire de la France ou d’un autre pays francophone duvingtième siècle' section? Cheers:smile:

I have a feeling that something like 3 most significant events may come up as they haven't really for a few years! I've seen some evil ones like 'what lessons have we learnt from this period' so I hope they won't throw any curveballs like that! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending