The Student Room Group

Be honest, when you meet a guy/girl?

Do you like them because they are good looking, or their personality is amazing? - I don't understand people, the majority always say looks and it really pisses me off.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
With me, looks are what I am first attracted to because you can't tell someones full personality from just meeting them. If I end up getting to know them and I don't like their personality or we don't like and I just like their looks, the attraction fizzles out quickly. If I find that we get on well, have a lot in common and have a connection, that makes the attraction stronger and even if I didn't like their looks much to begin with, the looks go out the window once you have an attraction to someone based on how well you get on together rather than they just look good.
Original post by Iloveuuu
Do you like them because they are good looking, or their personality is amazing? - I don't understand people, the majority always say looks and it really pisses me off.

Personality, rarely am i first attracted to looks. I have my own issues which make me hostile toward conventionally attractive men initially so...
Reply 3
Just as quickly as you are turned on by a pretty face, with no substantial personality, thats just as quickly the feeling will leave you later down the line. Makes it worse if you have kids or a divorce and fincially and mentally out of pocket.

Don't be that dumb bitch who goes for hot bitches.
Looks get the ball rolling

Personality will either keep the ball rolling or it will stop it in its tracks
Reply 5
Original post by Crystalz
Personality, rarely am i first attracted to looks. I have my own issues which make me hostile toward conventionally attractive men initially so...

Wow, the first person I have come across who actually prefers personality over looks, :smile:
Reply 6
Add a third option: Money.
Why does it have to be one or the other? As they say looks captures the eyes, personality captures the heart.
Reply 8
Both? If I'm not attracted to them physically it won't work. It also won't work if they have a crappy/bland personality

I like girls when they look good whenever I see their face. I'm not sorry if this hurts you as its your problem
I don't really feel sexual or physical attraction. I talk to people first, so I guess I'm more attracted to their personality.
Well I'm demi-sexual, so I don't feel sexual attraction until I have a deep emotional bond with them anyways.

I dunno like I think someone becomes physically beautiful to you when they're your friend anyway.
Personality>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Looks
Reply 13
with all my past boyfriends, I had been attracted to their personality first. My first boyfriend was actually pretty ugly, nasty i know but he was like a 4/10 - but that didn't bother me because i really had a crush on his personality!

My second boyfriend was 7/10 and i liked his personality first - we got introduced by a friend, through text, so i had no idea what his name was and what he looked like - it was a cute, innocent meet up :smile:

My most recent partner, well i liked his fake personality and his looks were just a bonus. Looks dont mean anything, seriously.
I go for looks, I never place any importance in this concept of "personality". It's awfully arbitrary, whereas appearance is much more tangible. The main (and, very often, only) thing I admire about a woman is her body, not her personality.
Wow, the first person I have come across who actually prefers personality over looks, :smile:

You can be good looking but if you don't make me laugh then... What's the point? I have to have a good time with you that's way more important.

Original post by battycatlady
Well I'm demi-sexual, so I don't feel sexual attraction until I have a deep emotional bond with them anyways.

I dunno like I think someone becomes physically beautiful to you when they're your friend anyway.

I think I should identify as this because I agree.
Always personality for me. Looks are a bonus. A terrible personality can turn me off a 9/10.
Looks > personality.

Nothing stopping us from just being friends if her looks ain't up to par.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Looks > personality.

Nothing stopping us from just being friends if her looks ain't up to par.

See this is what makes me worry with guys.
Does this mean guys are only friends with you because your looks aren't up to scratch
Original post by Crystalz
See this is what makes me worry with guys.
Does this mean guys are only friends with you because your looks aren't up to scratch

I personally find it hard to be in a relationship with someone I don't find attractive. It's just not possible tbh lol. I doubt I'd be able to bring myself to have sex with them. If they were attractive to begin with and ended up in a car accident that would be different though.

Obviously personality increases attractive-ness levels though. If you smile a lot that makes you more attractive by default.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending