The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Milkywaykid
Yoooo I'm a history holderrrrr except it's joint with german. that's a higher offer good luck :biggrin:

Nice, yeah I really want to try and change course to history and Spanish, languages are sick, cheers man, you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
guys how hard is it to switch courses? i want to switch from Physics Msc to a Civil engineering Meng
How lenient do you think they will be this year on offers? My offer for Geography BSC is AAA (with an A in Geography), don't think I'll achieve that, what are the chances of getting accepted with AAB or even ABB? I assume it's not that highly competitive for Geography?
Original post by 8fairrc
Nice, yeah I really want to try and change course to history and Spanish, languages are sick, cheers man, you too

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you on the UCL facebook freshers group... wonder if i've already talked to you?? languages are pretty sick hahah
I applied for compsci masters at UCL and got an offer. I was wondering if it was still possible to change my course to physics.
Reply 1565
Original post by Iridann
Could've sat general studies AS and A2, no revision needed for that lol.

They excluded GS from my offer. Didn't affect me, but it's something to keep in mind that they can do.
Original post by TVIO
They excluded GS from my offer. Didn't affect me, but it's something to keep in mind that they can do.

That's rather odd. They would accept General Studies at A2 as the pass in an AS for mine.
Reply 1567
Original post by Iridann
That's rather odd. They would accept General Studies at A2 as the pass in an AS for mine.

IDK why they bothered to exclude it I have 4 other A levels anyway. Perhaps it's because I did the A2 last year? Don't know why that should change things. You're computing as well aren't you? Not even a different course...ah well.
Original post by TVIO
IDK why they bothered to exclude it I have 4 other A levels anyway. Perhaps it's because I did the A2 last year? Don't know why that should change things. You're computing as well aren't you? Not even a different course...ah well.

Yeah I have a computing offer, but it's looking like I won't meet it - as low as it is compared to yours!
Reply 1569
Original post by Iridann
Yeah I have a computing offer, but it's looking like I won't meet it - as low as it is compared to yours!

Lower than A*AA? You must've been impressive! :smile:
Original post by TVIO
Lower than A*AA? You must've been impressive! :smile:

Your firm that is :wink:
Reply 1571
Original post by Iridann
Your firm that is :wink:

Ehh pretty much think of UCL as my firm, no way I'm meeting that offer...
Anyone for Classics/Ancient World/Archaeology? :smile:
Hey everyone, I received an unconditional offer for philosophy and economics. Has anyone been sent anything as far as payment, actually confirming your place, etc? It was mentioned in the letter that it would be sent sometime through june.
Peace!
Reply 1574
Hi!
Have anyone received some message from UCL about sending them your final exam results?
Thanks in advance
I've got an unconditional to study Physics at UCL, looking to go to Ifor hall but I never had a form that I specified the halls on, anyone else do it on the website or am I the only one? anyone else doing Physics aswell?
Anyone have any idea with leniency in maths offers?
My offer is A*A*A or A*AA with a one in step.
Pretty sure I won't make the A* in further after totally messing up a stats module which is annoying...
And I had step today and I don't think I did enough to get a grade one.
So I'm thinking A*AA with a grade 2 in step.
On the open day they were reluctant to say whether they would go any lower than the offer, understandably, so wondered if anyone had any experience? Thanks :smile:
Original post by beckylouiseleng
Anyone have any idea with leniency in maths offers?
My offer is A*A*A or A*AA with a one in step.
Pretty sure I won't make the A* in further after totally messing up a stats module which is annoying...
And I had step today and I don't think I did enough to get a grade one.
So I'm thinking A*AA with a grade 2 in step.
On the open day they were reluctant to say whether they would go any lower than the offer, understandably, so wondered if anyone had any experience? Thanks :smile:

While I don't know about specifics to do with your course what I can say is that on the whole uni's SHOULD be more lenient this year because the cap on people entering university has been lifted.
Maybe just me with some wishful thinking before C4 tomorrow. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SebastianTindall
I've got an unconditional to study Physics at UCL, looking to go to Ifor hall but I never had a form that I specified the halls on, anyone else do it on the website or am I the only one? anyone else doing Physics aswell?

I'm for Theoretical Physics and I have an unconditional too :smile:
anyone for Business Analytics ?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending