The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History 6HI03/C2 - USA - June 8th 2015 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Is there any chance of a question of just the social effects of ww2 on american society?
Original post by elliemarling
I would love Impact of WWI, anything social/political or something about the 1920s policies.

I'm so bad with the last Chapter, I haven't even revised it. I think I should maybe go over it because I have a feeling that the economic impact of ww2 will come up

Impact of world war 1 would be the ideal question and yeah I think world war 2 prosperity will come up although not sure they would have both part A's based on impact of war
Original post by elaras
Do people genuinely think women could come up? Seems like there's not really enough on it...
Plus, looking at past questions, it seems they repeat a lot, so idk if they'll just add a new one in?

I think it's worth considering as a possibility, it's on the syllabus but it's likely it'd feature as a wider question perhaps old vs new

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edielamorna
Is there any chance of a question of just the social effects of ww2 on american society?

And I hope so!!! This would be my all time favourite question, they focus mainly on the post war prosperity and the economy however the position of African Americans, women, trade unions and veterans is explored in the textbook

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elaras
Do people genuinely think women could come up? Seems like there's not really enough on it...
Plus, looking at past questions, it seems they repeat a lot, so idk if they'll just add a new one in?

they have done individual questions for the other social/political questions so it's possible, however, i think it may be general, like rural vs urban
Original post by Vicky___
Thank you! My history teacher made lots of potential questions for the exam so just done the most daunting haha think it's a possibility though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahaha i really hope a question like that comes up then!
Reply 246
Original post by Frank Costello
Impact of world war 1 would be the ideal question and yeah I think world war 2 prosperity will come up although not sure they would have both part A's based on impact of war

What is the impact of WW1 apart from inflation and red scare?
Reply 247
Original post by elliemarling
they have done individual questions for the other social/political questions so it's possible, however, i think it may be general, like rural vs urban

Yeah but stuff like the KKK, prohibition, immigration etc is gone over in a LOT more detail
I'm hoping its general - or like the sample paper ('The USA was a land of intolerance')
Original post by LiamG
What is the impact of WW1 apart from inflation and red scare?

Economic impact
Red scare
Prohibition
Increase in racism/immigration
Economic impact
Red scare
Prohibition
Increase in racism/immigration

Could you possibly expand on what you would write about for each of these points?
WIN_20150607_171909.jpg
This is my one for post WW2 boom and underneath is impact of WW2, hope they help :smile:

Original post by edielamorna
Hiya, do you have a plan for post ww2, and anything around that (apart from mccathyism etc). thanks!
Someone care to tell me what the questions were last year?

I tried to find the paper but couldn't would be helpful ta.
30 marks were
‘The US economic boom of the 1920s was mainly due todevelopments in technology and manufacturing.’ How far do you agree with thisview?Why did anti-communism affect US society so greatly in theyears 1947–54?
the GD question was whether flawed republican policies caused the depression, not sure what the ND one was sorry!
Original post by Drunken Bard
Someone care to tell me what the questions were last year?

I tried to find the paper but couldn't would be helpful ta.
And I hope so!!! This would be my all time favourite question, they focus mainly on the post war prosperity and the economy however the position of African Americans, women, trade unions and veterans is explored in the textbook

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you explain this please never really done this in great detail
Reply 254
Not really, questions usually come up in relation to a whole time frame or decade. I doubt it will be that specific.
Though if there were any prohibition questions were to come up, it would be about the advantages or disadvantages, or the social and economic impact of Prohibition.
Prosperity in the 1920's was more apparent than real, how far do you agree?

Is there any chance a question like that will come up? I know the boom came up last year but that was looking at the causes rather than a comparison essay
Can you explain this please never really done this in great detail

Sure!

This is a question I have done that covers society in WWII, 'What improvements did WWII bring to the American people?'

I ran out of time to talk about the trade unions, but I would've spoken about the Taft Hartley Act of 1946 - considered a milestone in federal and labour relations; which equalized the power between trade unions and employers e.g. Charles Wilson of General Motors and Walter Reuther, leader of the UAW agreed on a 'no strike policy' in return for increased wages depending on productivity and profits - therefore there were fewer disruptions, regular employment and the ability for wages to increase.

hope this helps! :smile:
sorry forgot to turn the pictures around haha
Sure!

This is a question I have done that covers society in WWII, 'What improvements did WWII bring to the American people?'

I ran out of time to talk about the trade unions, but I would've spoken about the Taft Hartley Act of 1946 - considered a milestone in federal and labour relations; which equalized the power between trade unions and employers e.g. Charles Wilson of General Motors and Walter Reuther, leader of the UAW agreed on a 'no strike policy' in return for increased wages depending on productivity and profits - therefore there were fewer disruptions, regular employment and the ability for wages to increase.

hope this helps! :smile:

Thankyou, essay was superb!
Thankyou, essay was superb!

thanks! :smile:
Why was it detrimental to the US to hold onto the Gold Standard during the depression?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending