The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oraeng
Yep and further maths. Doing M1 and M2 so along with G481 and G484 I feel like a mechanics wizard this year :tongue: Definitely a good thing since I'm gonna be doing engineering at uni! Guessing you do maths too hence the username?

I wish i did Further Maths instead of Chemistry :frown:. My School doesn't offer that option sadly and i am quite lazy. How did you find M1? same i want to do mechanical engineering at uni
Reply 681
Original post by MathsAddict
I wish i did Further Maths instead of Chemistry :frown:. My School doesn't offer that option sadly and i am quite lazy. How did you find M1? same i want to do mechanical engineering at uni

I think further maths is easier than chemistry after dropping chemistry last year (as long as you are quite good at maths). Not done M1 yet - I do AQA so it's on Friday.
Which uni? I am deferring a year but hoping to go to bath on their mechanical engineering course.
Reply 682
I hope we get a maths question with a black hole involved, that would be pretty rad.
This exam has got worse mark schemes than g481
Original post by Oraeng
I think further maths is easier than chemistry after dropping chemistry last year (as long as you are quite good at maths). Not done M1 yet - I do AQA so it's on Friday.
Which uni? I am deferring a year but hoping to go to bath on their mechanical engineering course.

Thats why i feel like i shouldn't have continued chemistry it sucks and is actually difficult compared to maths and physics for me.
AQA exam board oh i see hopefully they wont do anything stupid. Why differ a year?
Original post by Elcor
I hope we get a maths question with a black hole involved, that would be pretty rad.

I hope its like 35/60 marks of calculations with like 5 marks definition. That would be a definite A and then some reasoning bull**** question another 5 marks.
Just finished june 2009-june 2014 papers took like 40 mins each thank goodness i can chill now.
Reply 687
Thats why i feel like i shouldn't have continued chemistry it sucks and is actually difficult compared to maths and physics for me.
AQA exam board oh i see hopefully they wont do anything stupid. Why differ a year?

Oh well, chemistry would've been my second choice if not further maths.
I scored an internship with a company in bristol :smile:
Original post by Oraeng
Oh well, chemistry would've been my second choice if not further maths.
I scored an internship with a company in bristol :smile:

Congratulations! but wouldn't it better to do a sandwich year and then do it in between? Dunno seems more efficient to me but either way excellent choice.
Reply 689
I hope its like 35/60 marks of calculations with like 5 marks definition. That would be a definite A and then some reasoning bull**** question another 5 marks.

I'd love it if it was 60/60 maths.
Reply 690
Congratulations! but wouldn't it better to do a sandwich year and then do it in between? Dunno seems more efficient to me but either way excellent choice.

Thanks! I may do both, there's no reason why I couldn't :smile:
Spoke to many people about it and everyone said I will be better equipped, more focused and confident about my goals when I start my degree. I'm not in a huge rush to get to uni so I hope taking a good break from education and pressures of exams for a year will do me good too. Also gives me chance to save up and go travelling for a month at the end of it (I could go on lol)
Original post by Elcor
I'd love it if it was 60/60 maths.

Same man i would kiss examiners forehead if physics was 80% maths 20% writing.
Original post by Oraeng
Thanks! I may do both, there's no reason why I couldn't :smile:
Spoke to many people about it and everyone said I will be better equipped, more focused and confident about my goals when I start my degree. I'm not in a huge rush to get to uni so I hope taking a good break from education and pressures of exams for a year will do me good too. Also gives me chance to save up and go travelling for a month at the end of it (I could go on lol)

Hmm true a break is definitely needed i am losing sleep in my back to back exam season.
Reply 693
Really useful video lecture on G484 if you want to recap on all the the content in a teacher-student style (this guy has loads of other videos too, so annoyed I only just found this channel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqT9kEOtxk
Original post by Elcor
Really useful video lecture on G484 if you want to recap on all the the content in a teacher-student style (this guy has loads of other videos too, so annoyed I only just found this channel)

47mins for one video?! How do you watch it all

I switch off after 5 minutes
Reply 695
Same and also its the fact that for some reason my maths module m1 helps with all the suvat and forces. I still have 6 exams to go and just done 4 this week. So i hope to juggle and try to remember as many things as possible.

Yeah true, I feel like after doing m1 physics became very understandable and from that everything slowly started to fit in place.
I have had 7 exams so far and have 7 left =/.
The g484 exam clashes with 2 other exams I have, A2 arabic (3 hours) and economics (2 hours) which both revolve around writing essays which (incoming sarcasm) I love soo much. but the g484 exam will be the first one I do. so that's not too bad.
Original post by Raizel
Yeah true, I feel like after doing m1 physics became very understandable and from that everything slowly started to fit in place.
I have had 7 exams so far and have 7 left =/.
The g484 exam clashes with 2 other exams I have, A2 arabic (3 hours) and economics (2 hours) which both revolve around writing essays which (incoming sarcasm) I love soo much. but the g484 exam will be the first one I do. so that's not too bad.

They can't make you do all those on the same dayl
Reply 697
Original post by Elcor

Thanks for the video bro, appreciate it very useful.
Reply 698
Original post by L'Evil Fish
They can't make you do all those on the same dayl

Well they are, but don't worry its ok because apparently I 'Might' get compensation on the last exam I take (econ) of 2%. The exam is out of 80 marks, so lets say I get full marks which gives me the highest value of the bonus, that means I get an extra 1.6 marks.

Fantastic. 6 hours and 15 min of fun.
Original post by Raizel
Well they are, but don't worry its ok because apparently I 'Might' get compensation on the last exam I take (econ) of 2%. The exam is out of 80 marks, so lets say I get full marks which gives me the highest value of the bonus, that means I get an extra 1.6 marks.

Fantastic. 6 hours and 15 min of fun.

Well I hope they give you sufficient breaks

Policy is to stay with an invigilator overnight and sit one the next day

Latest

Trending

Trending