Reply 700
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Well I hope they give you sufficient breaks

Policy is to stay with an invigilator overnight and sit one the next day

Yeah thanks man I hope so.
Well I hope they give you sufficient breaks

Policy is to stay with an invigilator overnight and sit one the next day

Are you kidding me? I LOL'ed at that. "Policy is to stay with an invigilator overnight and sit one the next day." I can't imagine that as being real? Is that a thing?
do we need to know charles and pressure law? I know boyles's law

Don't wanna learn them in case I confuse them (unless I should)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 703
Original post by Raizel
sorry, 3c.
wondering why there is a horizontal line on time axes and steeper after it passes 0

The gradient of the curve is equal to 1/specific heat capacity. That's all you need to know for this
Reply 704
Original post by MathsAddict
Hmm tbh i prefer g485 unit over g482. But my teacher messed up my AS coursework i got a b and then i got a high b in unit 1 so i cant get an A in AS unless i pull of 140/150 in g482 which would i doubt i got.

What mark do you think you got?
Reply 705
Original post by Username13
do we need to know charles and pressure law? I know boyles's law

Don't wanna learn them in case I confuse them (unless I should)

You need to know them but not state them in words (or at least I've never seen that before but I've seen like 3 Boyle's laws). You also need to know pV/T=constant
Reply 706
47mins for one video?! How do you watch it all

I switch off after 5 minutes

Don't think it's aimed at as high level a student as you m8

Just a recap I suppose
Original post by sagar448
Are you kidding me? I LOL'ed at that. "Policy is to stay with an invigilator overnight and sit one the next day." I can't imagine that as being real? Is that a thing?

Yeah lol, no one ever believes it until it happens to someone

Original post by Elcor
Don't think it's aimed at as high level a student as you m8

Just a recap I suppose

What does that have to do with anything? Idk, short and snappy is best I think
Reply 708
Perfect examples of how bad an examining body OCR are; these mark schemes were for the same question and were separated by 5 months:

http://gyazo.com/7def4e9707abe6d106d5599759da6444
http://gyazo.com/300b6f2b679182cb75ab675db5f10552

I know they're similar, but one is like the 'reverse argument' and one examiner might mark strictly to that argument while another doesn't. Also, one is 2 marks and one is just 1. IMO they should be the exact same mark schemes.
Original post by Elcor
Perfect examples of how bad an examining body OCR are; these mark schemes were for the same question and were separated by 5 months:

I know they're similar, but one is like the 'reverse argument' and one examiner might mark strictly to that argument while another doesn't. Also, one is 2 marks and one is just 1. IMO they should be the exact same mark schemes.

You sir, have proved how **** OCR is for an exam board.
Reply 710
You sir, have proved how **** OCR is for an exam board.

:mwuaha:

What college is your offer from?
Original post by Elcor
:mwuaha:

What college is your offer from?

Cambridge. Yours?
One quick thing I want to check, what is the relationship between shc and latent heat? I remember it being an issue, but I can't remember if it was just something like "your experiment to find the value of the shc is gonna suck if you don't account for latent heat" or if it was something like "something in its liquid state will have a different shc than in its solid state".
Reply 713
Cambridge. Yours?

lmao :lol:

Yeah I know, what college

Pembroke here
Reply 714
Original post by BecauseFP
One quick thing I want to check, what is the relationship between shc and latent heat? I remember it being an issue, but I can't remember if it was just something like "your experiment to find the value of the shc is gonna suck if you don't account for latent heat" or if it was something like "something in its liquid state will have a different shc than in its solid state".

Yeah that's true, have you done the Q with the sketch of temperature against time for the milk bottle? Its SHC was far smaller for when it was solid.

Maybe the mark scheme said that if your substance begins to change phase, energy will go into latent heat of fusion/vaporisation as opposed to raising its temperature, which would mess with the result.
Cambridge. Yours?

Didn't know you were an offer holder too! Which course/college?
Original post by Elcor

I don't see the problem with that tbh. Putting the same thing twice would get you all the marks both times
Original post by Elcor
lmao :lol:

Yeah I know, what college

Pembroke here

Nice!!! Pembroke is really good!! :O
Trinity here. (The boring one) :tongue:
Original post by Elcor
Yeah that's true, have you done the Q with the sketch of temperature against time for the milk bottle? Its SHC was far smaller for when it was solid.

Maybe the mark scheme said that if your substance begins to change phase, energy will go into latent heat of fusion/vaporisation as opposed to raising its temperature, which would mess with the result.

What is this about? Please explain? How is latent heat related to SHC? :OO
Didn't know you were an offer holder too! Which course/college?

Trinity :biggrin:
Yours?
Original post by Raizel
Yeah true, I feel like after doing m1 physics became very understandable and from that everything slowly started to fit in place.
I have had 7 exams so far and have 7 left =/.
The g484 exam clashes with 2 other exams I have, A2 arabic (3 hours) and economics (2 hours) which both revolve around writing essays which (incoming sarcasm) I love soo much. but the g484 exam will be the first one I do. so that's not too bad.

Good luck i am guessing your an arab?

Latest

Trending

Trending