The Student Room Group

A2 sociology crime and deviance

Can anybody briefly explain the 'McMafia' section of globalisation??
Reply 1
I'm personally not going to learn this bit, because I think it's quite irrelevant and there's other more important part of globalisation.

But as far as I understand it, post-communism in Russia, all the major industries were privatised and bought up cheaply by (now) Oligarchs / friends of the state. In order to protect their interests they had to hire Chechen mafia members, and these mafia members committed crimes across the globe to defend their interests?

I think.

(Nothing to do with McDonalds unfortunately).
Reply 2
Original post by Mult
I'm personally not going to learn this bit, because I think it's quite irrelevant and there's other more important part of globalisation.

But as far as I understand it, post-communism in Russia, all the major industries were privatised and bought up cheaply by (now) Oligarchs / friends of the state. In order to protect their interests they had to hire Chechen mafia members, and these mafia members committed crimes across the globe to defend their interests?

I think.

(Nothing to do with McDonalds unfortunately).

Ah okay Thankyou! I absolutely hate globalisation n it apparently it's likely to come up so just wanted to ensure I understood each bit :frown: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending