The Student Room Group

OCR Business studies F297 - SHL Pre- Release 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
what points would you make on the question:

Should shl pursue aggressive growth through the sales of its franchises? justify your view.
Original post by Lucyj22
What points would you include in the question evaluating the critical path?

ABDEFHKL lie on the critical path,if any of these activities r slightly delayed it will add to the time needed to achieve completion. Anything done to speed up activities on the critical path will lead to quicker completion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rachael97112
Does anyone know how you would answer a question on exchange rates?/what points would you put?

Go to page 3 on this thread, theres a little suttin to do with exchange rates

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd just like to say thanks for everyones posts and answers. It hs really helped me!! Good luck to you all :smile:
Original post by ferdous
what points would you make on the question:

Should shl pursue aggressive growth through the sales of its franchises? justify your view.

Someone please answer this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EdTheSloth
I'd just like to say thanks for everyones posts and answers. It hs really helped me!! Good luck to you all :smile:

Good luck to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Has anyone got an essay for £70 m sales revenue objective ?
Reply 187
image.jpgThat's the pay back period
Can someone please post the est and the lft for each node please it would really help me out because I could then see if I have the correct answers. It would also be helpful if someone could post an example in working out a float using 1 of the nodes thanks
Reply 189
Here you go image.jpg@neal95
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks mate
What are the ethical considerations when manufacturing offshore?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, Can someone please help with the exchange rates?
Original post by Damini_11
Hey, Can someone please help with the exchange rates?

Just simply refer how a change in exchange rates would affect the achievability of SHL's objectives. An increase would make it harder for foreign business' and customers to do business with SHL. As our currency was worth more than theirs, it would cost them more to change their currency, how much of an impact this would cause would be solely down to how big of a rise in the exchange rate itself. This would manifest itself as SHL being less able to achieve its objective of having 10% of its sales from exports. It could also affect how easy the 2016 revenue target of £70 million would be to achieve.
If SHL purchased a stake in Mardidi, then any profits they make would be worth less to a UK company like SHL as it would cost more to exchange from USD to GBP. Although a positive is the fact that the $5 million USD investment would now be easier for SHL to gather, as it would make purchasing dollars cheaper if your using GBP. This would reduce the risk associated with the purchase and would reduce potential opportunity costs. Obviously reducing risk helps SHL achieve their objective to reduce their risk.
It would also be easier for SHL to work with foreign manufacturers and suppliers as it would now be cheaper for us to buy their native currencies.
If the exchange rate went down then the reverse of the things i mentioned would happen with the opposite affects.
Main point is the affect on SHL would solely depend on how big of a change happened in the exchange rates.
Although its worthwhile to mention I doubt the question would be specific to exchange rates, I would say it would be interest rates, and you would then be able to explain why interest rates would affect exchange rates and state the + and - of such changes.
Original post by josephrudd97
Just simply refer how a change in exchange rates would affect the achievability of SHL's objectives. An increase would make it harder for foreign business' and customers to do business with SHL. As our currency was worth more than theirs, it would cost them more to change their currency, how much of an impact this would cause would be solely down to how big of a rise in the exchange rate itself. This would manifest itself as SHL being less able to achieve its objective of having 10% of its sales from exports. It could also affect how easy the 2016 revenue target of £70 million would be to achieve.
If SHL purchased a stake in Mardidi, then any profits they make would be worth less to a UK company like SHL as it would cost more to exchange from USD to GBP. Although a positive is the fact that the $5 million USD investment would now be easier for SHL to gather, as it would make purchasing dollars cheaper if your using GBP. This would reduce the risk associated with the purchase and would reduce potential opportunity costs. Obviously reducing risk helps SHL achieve their objective to reduce their risk.
It would also be easier for SHL to work with foreign manufacturers and suppliers as it would now be cheaper for us to buy their native currencies.
If the exchange rate went down then the reverse of the things i mentioned would happen with the opposite affects.
Main point is the affect on SHL would solely depend on how big of a change happened in the exchange rates.
Although its worthwhile to mention I doubt the question would be specific to exchange rates, I would say it would be interest rates, and you would then be able to explain why interest rates would affect exchange rates and state the + and - of such changes.

What could the + and - be for the exchange rate and the changes?
Reply 195
Why do you think the question on macroeconomics will be interest rates and not exchange rates?
Original post by Pribb
Why do you think the question on macroeconomics will be interest rates and not exchange rates?

Because there has never been a question on exchange rates. There has been questions, when you can mention exchange rates but never solely that. I think it would be too hard to answer a 18 mark question solely on exchange rates, because I don't think there is enough points you can make to be able to properly evaluate to achieve level 4. Interest Rates came up last year, so id say neither are going to come up.
To what extent is SHL's £70m sales revenue objective in 2016 realistic in the context of its current performance? Justify your view., can someone help my with points against this, showing how its not realistic..
Reply 198
Original post by josephrudd97
Because there has never been a question on exchange rates. There has been questions, when you can mention exchange rates but never solely that. I think it would be too hard to answer a 18 mark question solely on exchange rates, because I don't think there is enough points you can make to be able to properly evaluate to achieve level 4. Interest Rates came up last year, so id say neither are going to come up.

Wouldn't that make it more likely to come up then if it hasn't come up before and interest rates came up last year? In my opinion there is enough to talk about for an 18 mark question, I've just written an 18 marker purely exchange rates. There is always a macroeconomic question though so if it is not exchange or interest rates are you saying it will be unemployment?
To what extent is SHL's £70m sales revenue objective in 2016 realistic in the context of its current performance? Justify your view.,
can someone help my with points against this, showing how its not realistic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending