The Student Room Group

WJEC Film Studies Past Papers Model Answers?

So I want to do some practice papers for Film (section A mostly), as I want an A come June. I went onto WJEC's website and found some past papers, and have done a few. Obviously it's hard to mark your own work, and my film teacher is really busy marking our coursework, so I don't want to ask him to mark it for me.
Are there any model answers I could compare mine to anywhere? I've searched for some on google but can't seem to find any. My teacher had one for another question we did in class, but I think he got them from WJEC as a teacher, and I don't think I could access them. They're really useful for revision purposes.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did WJEC film too :smile: yeah there weren't many example answers available...do you have a marking sheet? So you can mark it yourself, see what you're looking for etc. what films are you studying? :smile:
Reply 2
Is it AS you're doing or A2? It sounds like my AS module :smile: And yeah, my film teachers were ridiculous when it came to coursework, the deadline was January, I had my coursework in January...people were still handing it in in May.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Ahh I see! Honestly, don't sweat it. I sat my AS in the January, which I think is much better as if you fail then you can just resist in June. But it's not a difficult exam. All I did was write out 3 perfect essays then learned them off by heart. The questions are always similar so you can always relate your answer to the question somehow. I did Alfie and Blowup for British cinema, then we did like American gangster films Goodfellas and Silent Enemy. Then I don't even remember the other question but you just need to know a lot of case files right? I remember compiling a load of information on indie British/American films and mainstream films. I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: AS is a doddle compared to A2!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Shockingly, it is! I got a high B in the A2 exam but I was the only one, one person got a C and literally everyone else got Es and Us, it was crazy! Count yourself lucky :P and good luck! You'll do fine I'm sure, just know what you're writing before you go into the exam and you'll get an A. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey you seem helpful, I got my exam on Tuesday, and I am really scared. I have a question though on section B how do I lay out my essay, my teacher was vague, how many scenes did you include ? Same for the comparative essay on section .
Reply 6
Hi Troy,

so do i basically in order to get top band, which looks peak on the grade boundaries you have to

analyse 2 scenes- refer to micro features and effect if neccesary

anlyse 2 scense of partner film - refer to micro features and effect if necessary

conclusion

* to get more marks also add theory like levi straus binary opposites and relevant contexual information
Original post by ajiri
Hi Troy,

so do i basically in order to get top band, which looks peak on the grade boundaries you have to

analyse 2 scenes- refer to micro features and effect if neccesary

anlyse 2 scense of partner film - refer to micro features and effect if necessary

conclusion

* to get more marks also add theory like levi straus binary opposites and relevant contexual information

That's the problem we are learning about two British films for section B sean of the dead and four weddings then we put British characteristics and for section C we are doing stagecoach and Jesse James and we compare the social values of 1939 (stagecoach) to 2007 (Jesse James) my material just doesn't seem like a grade material!
I'm on my phone, I'll have to look tomorrow but thanks for the help!
Would you say it was hard in AS to get a good mark personally?
We are doing blow up and if for our British in section b and we have to compare then goodfellas and public enemy for section c

The tips I have (from our tutor) are section a
Skills based
Refer to sources
Refer to films you've seen
Don't just use the sources
Academically add your opinion
Use terminology
link to question
If you do all that you should be okay

I have tips for part b and c if you want it :smile:
Yes please, I got it tomorrow so why not ! xD
Reply 13

hi,i've been searching online for model answers for my FM4 film studies exam and came across this. this looks like a really good source but obviously it's for FM2. i was wondering if you remember how/where you found this bc I've searched online and can't find it anywhere bc i was hoping to get the equivalent but for FM4. thanks
Original post by rs96
hi,i've been searching online for model answers for my FM4 film studies exam and came across this. this looks like a really good source but obviously it's for FM2. i was wondering if you remember how/where you found this bc I've searched online and can't find it anywhere bc i was hoping to get the equivalent but for FM4. thanks

FM4 http://resource.download.wjec.co.uk.s3.amazonaws.com/cpd/s13/alevel/1184-01/eng/index.html#/item-level-data-1
Original post by Precious Illusions
Shockingly, it is! I got a high B in the A2 exam but I was the only one, one person got a C and literally everyone else got Es and Us, it was crazy! Count yourself lucky :P and good luck! You'll do fine I'm sure, just know what you're writing before you go into the exam and you'll get an A. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh goodness, I have my A2 Film exam on Friday, and I was feeling kind of okay until I read this! D: haha
Original post by KimonoMyHouse
Oh goodness, I have my A2 Film exam on Friday, and I was feeling kind of okay until I read this! D: haha

Oooooh good luck! Just write a lot :tongue: I went in knowing exactly what I wanted to write which I think is helpful.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Oooooh good luck! Just write a lot :tongue: I went in knowing exactly what I wanted to write which I think is helpful.

Which topics did you study? :smile:
For my studies on film im doing
Section A: Mexican cinema( amorres perros, ytu mama tambien)
Section B: spectatorship and docs: grizzly man and The Imposter

Section C: single film, Vertigo

I still find section b difficult to and theres only two days left-_-. Just by chance as anyone done an exam responce with section b film i mentioned above? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending