The Student Room Group

A2 Law AQA June 2015

New thread for anyone studying AQA A2 Law and doing the exam in June 2015.
How you guys finding it? :smile:
It's going to be a close one this year, 9 minutes to write about 2 defences and I couldn't manage to explain them fully in 12 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by All-rounder
It's going to be a close one this year, 9 minutes to write about 2 defences and I couldn't manage to explain them fully in 12 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I hate the small amount of time that's given. Are you talking about the murder defences or the rest of them?
Original post by PurpleMash
Yeah, I hate the small amount of time that's given. Are you talking about the murder defences or the rest of them?

The general defences, at least with a murder case it's pretty straightforward that the defences are going to be diminished responsibility and loss of control instead of having to hunt them down haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did this last year and yeah the timings are tight, I did much better in unit 4 than this which is why I am retaking. At least a lot of the stuff on non fatal is similar to unit 2 which I am also retaking.

How is your unit 4 revision going
I've just finished Unit 4 so the revision is going to get pretty extreme now haha, but I've got resits to revise for too so it's the classic 'too much to do, too little time' situation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh yeah I can totally empathise with that scenario haha! Luckily this year my exams are a bit more spaced out so I will be able to focus on each unit as it comes more intensively.

I quite miss unit 4 actually, criminal damage fraud and burglary was more fun to learn about that unit 3 IMO. I also need to be a bit more brief and too the point in unit 3, focusing on the facts and case authority lol
Original post by neal95
Ahh yeah I can totally empathise with that scenario haha! Luckily this year my exams are a bit more spaced out so I will be able to focus on each unit as it comes more intensively.

I quite miss unit 4 actually, criminal damage fraud and burglary was more fun to learn about that unit 3 IMO. I also need to be a bit more brief and too the point in unit 3, focusing on the facts and case authority lol

I'm guessing you did contract law then? We've done law of tort and all of it is pretty okay except for the massive amounts of information to learn for Occupiers Liability.
Also if you don't mind me asking, because you're resitting either 03 or 04 are you in a third year of college or something? Just wondering because it'd make me a whole lot less stressed if I knew I could always do a third year and resit certain exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm guessing you did contract law then? We've done law of tort and all of it is pretty okay except for the massive amounts of information to learn for Occupiers Liability.Also if you don't mind me asking, because you're resitting either 03 or 04 are you in a third year of college or something? Just wondering because it'd make me a whole lot less stressed if I knew I could always do a third year and resit certain examsPosted from TSR Mobile

Hi there no i did the other topic in all exams so criminal for unit 3 and introduction to criminal liability and introduction to tort for unit 2.

Yes I am resitting some exams but as a private candidate so I am not attending the college for lessons, I am just sitting exams there. Yes there is always a second chance at getting the right grades, I though the same last year but I have offers from Birmingham Sheffield and Liverpool for law and I have firmed Birmingham :smile: I much prefer learning at home because the amount of content I cover is a lot more than I would in lessons and I can focus on specific parts of the syllabus.

At the minute I am just going over unit 2 tort and negligence again which is strange as it's been a while haha! Where have you applied :smile:?
Original post by neal95
Hi there no i did the other topic in all exams so criminal for unit 3 and introduction to criminal liability and introduction to tort for unit 2.

Yes I am resitting some exams but as a private candidate so I am not attending the college for lessons, I am just sitting exams there. Yes there is always a second chance at getting the right grades, I though the same last year but I have offers from Birmingham Sheffield and Liverpool for law and I have firmed Birmingham :smile: I much prefer learning at home because the amount of content I cover is a lot more than I would in lessons and I can focus on specific parts of the syllabus.

At the minute I am just going over unit 2 tort and negligence again which is strange as it's been a while haha! Where have you applied :smile:?

Nowhere special as I intend to go through clearing/adjustment anyway, but I'm interested in Queens Belfast for Law. My AS grades weren't fantastic so I couldn't apply there to receive an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nowhere special as I intend to go through clearing/adjustment anyway, but I'm interested in Queens Belfast for Law. My AS grades weren't fantastic so I couldn't apply there to receive an offer Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right that's a good university! I was intending To go through last year but didn't get Abb so my options were limited and I applied this year with BCC to Birmingham Sheffield Leicester Manchester and Liverpool. Got rejections from Leicester and Manchester but offers from the others an firmed Birmingham and insured Sheffield. I honestly didn't think I would get offers from a AAA institution but my lnat probably helped as I got 25. You might be interested to know that there are lots of good unis that go into clearing if you get ABB and above such as Birmingham Sheffield queen Mary Manchester Liverpool Leicester Southampton etc. I reckon this year I should get a minimum of abb, if I fail that i deserve everything I get tbh. Is it la you have applied to?
Reply 11
For unit 4, how long are your essays for Section C: Concepts of Law (assuming you've written them out already)? Need an A* so I'm panicking!
(edited 9 years ago)
Like 2 pages long so I'm deciding between condensing them a bit more or just memorising them as is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like 2 pages long so I'm deciding between condensing them a bit more or just memorising them as is

Posted from TSR Mobile

What evaluation question do you think will come up for unit 3
Worried about the concepts! Which do you think will most likely come up; morality or justice ???
Reply 15
Original post by Bethany12345
Worried about the concepts! Which do you think will most likely come up; morality or justice ???

Law and morals have come up in the last two exam papers, so unlikely for that to come up. Justice also came up last year, so its more likely that another topic comes up or this one may be repeated. But from the two, Id say justice has more of a chance coming up
Reply 16
Original post by Matty campo
What evaluation question do you think will come up for unit 3

They havent so far repeated any evaluation questions. So as last year was general defences, this year it should be non-fatals or murder/voluntary manslaughter
Original post by camlin
They havent so far repeated any evaluation questions. So as last year was general defences, this year it should be non-fatals or murder/voluntary manslaughter

I'm thinking it'll be Non-fatals. They come up every other year, so they're a lot more common than Murder, even if murder hasnt came up for ages its scarcely used.
Reply 18
Does anybody have any criminal damage, fault, and law and justice a grades they could post? Would be really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest