The Student Room Group

AQA Religious Studies RST3B 10/06/2015 Predictions

Hi all,
I just wanted to start this thread as i could not see a similar thread anywhere, what do you think the questions will be for the Ontological Argument/Problem of evil?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RyanD96
Hi all,
I just wanted to start this thread as i could not see a similar thread anywhere, what do you think the questions will be for the Ontological Argument/Problem of evil?

Hi there, I've been waiting for this thread! Haven't had much luck finding others doing the same exam. I'm doing body, mind & soul with problem of evil.

What I did was gather the last five years questions on problem of evil which were:

07 Outline the concepts of natural evil and moral evil andexplain how process thought responds to the problem of evil. [30 marks] June 201408 ‘Process thought gives the best response to the problemof evil.’ How far do you agree? [20 marks]
07 Explain the main themes of theodicies in the Augustiniantradition. (30 marks) June201308 ‘The theodicies of the Augustinian tradition have veryfew strengths.’ Assess this claim. (20 marks)07 Examine different explanations for the existence of naturalevil in a world created by God. (30 marks) June 20120 8 ‘The existence ofmoral evil is more difficult to justify than the existence of natural evil.’How far do you agree? (20 marks)07 Explain the free will defence and examine its purpose. (30marks) June 201108 How far is free will a satisfactory explanation for theexistence of evil in a world created by God? (20 marks)
07 Analyse Hick’s ‘vale of soul-making’ theodicy. (30 marks)– June 201008 Discuss how far Hick’s theodicy succeeds. (20 marks)

So when I look at them, I've noticed that Hick hasn't been asked since 2010, so that's a potential question as well as free will.

It could also be a theme, so free will as a good argument, or explanations of natural and moral evil.

Let me know what you think!

I'm so stressed about the exam D:
(edited 8 years ago)
hi,
im also doing problem of evil and body soul

the 20 markers, how many paragraphs would you attempt to write for that?

what about body, soul and personal identity? I think it might be on NDE as evidence against and evident against survival?

what do you think?

how are you revising for this?
Original post by sporadic_
Hi there, I've been waiting for this thread! Haven't had much luck finding others doing the same exam. I'm doing body, mind & soul with problem of evil.

What I did was gather the last five years questions on problem of evil which were:

07 Outline the concepts of natural evil and moral evil andexplain how process thought responds to the problem of evil. [30 marks] June 201408 ‘Process thought gives the best response to the problemof evil.’ How far do you agree? [20 marks]
07 Explain the main themes of theodicies in the Augustiniantradition. (30 marks) June201308 ‘The theodicies of the Augustinian tradition have veryfew strengths.’ Assess this claim. (20 marks)07 Examine different explanations for the existence of naturalevil in a world created by God. (30 marks) June 20120 8 ‘The existence ofmoral evil is more difficult to justify than the existence of natural evil.’How far do you agree? (20 marks)07 Explain the free will defence and examine its purpose. (30marks) June 201108 How far is free will a satisfactory explanation for theexistence of evil in a world created by God? (20 marks)
07 Analyse Hick’s ‘vale of soul-making’ theodicy. (30 marks)– June 201008 Discuss how far Hick’s theodicy succeeds. (20 marks)

So when I look at them, I've noticed that Hick hasn't been asked since 2010, so that's a potential question as well as free will.

It could also be a theme, so free will as a good argument, or explanations of natural and moral evil.

what about body , soul personal identity ?
Original post by TopDog123
what about body , soul personal identity ?

I've gone to a separate thread about that one! But I'm not too sure what to expect for that topic anyway.. :frown:
I've gone to a separate thread about that one! But I'm not too sure what to expect for that topic anyway.. :frown:

where's the separate thread? I can't find it?
where's the separate thread? I can't find it?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=53999817&highlight=rst3b

:smile:
Reply 7

I really don't know, i'm just trying to focus my revision on what seems to be probable to come up. Hick seems like a good shout though along with the FWD.
I think we can rule out process thought as it came up last year, surely there can't be that many possible questions they could ask right? stresssssss!

Do you have a topic you are hoping comes up?
Original post by RyanD96
I really don't know, i'm just trying to focus my revision on what seems to be probable to come up. Hick seems like a good shout though along with the FWD.
I think we can rule out process thought as it came up last year, surely there can't be that many possible questions they could ask right? stresssssss!

i want it to be natural evil vs moral evil
but i think it will be most likely be FWD or John Hick Vale of Soul making.

which other topic are you doing?
Original post by RyanD96

Ermmm, not in particular no.. :/ but I'm really gonna try hard to focus on Hick and FWD.. I'm only doing process thought today and even then just the main arguments. But other then that it'd be nice if I can include logical and evidential problem of evil but most importantly Hick's strengths and weaknesses!

How about you? Anything in particular you'd like to see?
Reply 10
I think for ontological argument the question may be analyse the reasoning or purpose of the ontological argument or that explain anslem's and Descartes argument.
What do you all think will be a possible A02 question for logical and evidential problem of evil?

If the question was like "is the logical or evidential problem a bigger problem for religious believers" how would that be answered?
Reply 12
Hm, I don't know whether the question will explicitly mention the evidential problem as it is not actually mentioned in the syllabus.

June 2012 AO1 question was:
"Examine different explanations for the existence of natural evil in a world created by God" I guess they could come out with this question but instead for moral evil. Which we would need to use Hick, Augustine, Free Will defence (Process would help too)
Reply 13
Ermmm, not in particular no.. :/ but I'm really gonna try hard to focus on Hick and FWD.. I'm only doing process thought today and even then just the main arguments. But other then that it'd be nice if I can include logical and evidential problem of evil but most importantly Hick's strengths and weaknesses!

How about you? Anything in particular you'd like to see?

Id really like a question on Augustine because I feel like that's the easiest topic to talk about.
But I have a feeling it might be something like "Examine different explanations for the existence of moral evil in a world created by God"
Original post by RyanD96
Id really like a question on Augustine because I feel like that's the easiest topic to talk about.
But I have a feeling it might be something like "Examine different explanations for the existence of moral evil in a world created by God"

Hmm. Yeah, could be. That'd be quite simple if you think about it, it's literally just explaining the different beliefs on moral evil and prob it's criticisms..

I'm still so scared!
Hmm. Yeah, could be. That'd be quite simple if you think about it, it's literally just explaining the different beliefs on moral evil and prob it's criticisms..

I'm still so scared!

so scared about body soul personal identity.. :/
so scared about body soul personal identity.. :/

I knowww, so am I!

But dude listen, I can tell you're stressed but you gotta have faith in yourself and just work hard! We can do it! Hopefully the questions will be beautiful! Make sure you get good sleep and eat well, all the best for tomorrow.

We got this!
Reply 17
I knowww, so am I!

But dude listen, I can tell you're stressed but you gotta have faith in yourself and just work hard! We can do it! Hopefully the questions will be beautiful! Make sure you get good sleep and eat well, all the best for tomorrow.

We got this!

Let me know how you guys get on!
Best of luck :biggrin:
Good luck everyone! :smile:
How did everyone find the exam? I found it quite hard... there was absolutely nothing to write about for the Evil AO2 question?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest