The Student Room Group

A Level WJEC English Literature Question Predictions LT4 Hamlet and Revengers

Hey,

Has anyone been told by their teachers predictions for the A2 WJEC English Literature exam 2015?

Could someone also post any useful quotes and an example essay or structure for a question.

Thanks for your help.
I'm doing this exam too and I'm so screwed haha!
We've done no essays for it in class and I have no idea how to structure a Hamlet essay.
I'm also finding it impossible to learn quotes.
hellllllllllllllllllllppppp
Reply 2
Original post by gingerlucy
I'm doing this exam too and I'm so screwed haha!
We've done no essays for it in class and I have no idea how to structure a Hamlet essay.
I'm also finding it impossible to learn quotes.
hellllllllllllllllllllppppp

Yeah some help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!
Yeah, my teacher told me its definitely sight and blindness, good luck guys.
Reply 4
Original post by Student.96
Hey,

Has anyone been told by their teachers predictions for the A2 WJEC English Literature exam 2015?

Could someone also post any useful quotes and an example essay or structure for a question.

Thanks for your help.

I'm doing Hamlet / The Revengers Tragedy for section B and my teachers have suggested that questions on Women and Claudius (the antagonist) may come up due to what has already come up in previous years

and as for structure we have been suggested to use something like this -

Introduction - brief intro to chosen question in relation to main text and points (choose about 3-5 main points to discuss) and then mention the partner text

Point - main text, discuss and explore your first point in relation to the main text including all the AO's (each point will cover about 2-4 paragraphs, try not to just write one paragraph on each point as this wont be enough)
Comparison - compare your main text with your partner text, this can be a brief statement or paragraph exploring similarities/differences
END each section on the main text in relation to the question to finish it off

then repeat the same structure for each of your other points
Conclusion - both texts in relation to the question (essentially a summary)

Make sure that you incorporate AO3/4 at least twice each throughout the essay as well as quotations, literary terms/devises and comparison words

hope this helped, good luck!
what about for John Donne and King Lear/Oedipus. what questions do you think will come up for them ?
Reply 6
Just my personal predictions, but I have a feeling; Women and Sexuality or Religion might come up and then possibly the theme Revenge, but I have a feeling that may be too broad.
Reply 7
How would you structure the essay on women and sexuality?
Original post by MonzHide
Just my personal predictions, but I have a feeling; Women and Sexuality or Religion might come up and then possibly the theme Revenge, but I have a feeling that may be too broad.
Reply 8
I would write something like this;

Introduction - Mention the main women within the two plays (so for Hamlet; Gertrude and Ophelia and for Revengers Tragedy; Antonio's wife would be interesting and the classic mother daughter duo of Castiza and Graziana.)

Paragraph one - Explain the situation of women at the time Hamlet was written (inferior to men both physically and intellectually) and the way Elizabeth I manipulated her sexuality and femininity to keep control, then compare Gertrude to Elizabeth I.

Paragraph two - I would feature women being seemingly untrustworthy, gullible and ought to be treated with suspicion. Mainly Graziana in RT and Gertrude in H. Adding good detailed analysis of the quotes.

Paragraph three - The sexual nature of women, fitting in nicely from paragraph two and how they may use it for advances, Getrude to maintain status and the Dutchess for revenge.

Paragraph four - I would look into the Chastity of women, mainly Ophelia, adding in alternative readings of her being pregnant at the time of her suicide and lack of evidence for this. Then the Chastity of Lord Antonio's wife and also Catiza.

Hope this helps.
what texts you doing??
Original post by YungLean12
Yeah, my teacher told me its definitely sight and blindness, good luck guys.

what texts are the questions for as i am doing King Lear and Oedipus, and then John Donne for the poetry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending