The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mrchemistry
So annoyed. For the structure of shady leaves I wrote they would have more chloroplasts to maximise light absorption instead of talking about palisade mesophyll, for the light intensity question I forgot that stomata would be open for longer at higher intensities :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: ffsssssssss, and I forgot about stem cells for red blood cells, and many other things

Posted from TSR Mobile

why are you annoyed? you realise there is more than 1 answer right?
Original post by sciencegeeks
Do you think the grade boundaries will actually be as high as 45 for an A?!

Me and most of the people in my class found this paper harder than last years and that was 41 for an A so hopefully not.
Original post by AsianBeauty
I put leaves in the light would have waxy cuticle . Is this wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that as well. I also said it may have a thinner waxy cuticle for the shade leaves just in case.
Original post by AsianBeauty
I put leaves in the light would have waxy cuticle . Is this wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

the question asked how the plant is adapted to shady environment? how does a thick waxy cuticle help thats for desert arid conditions to prevent water lost by transpiration

i put larger leafs, to increase surface area
Original post by mybutton jammed
lol ur funny
i put larger leaf to increase surface area

That is exactly what i put!
Why does fever cause shivering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a123a
Phew!

I put the cortex because it was a glucocorticoid. I'm not too sure though.

it was defiantly in the cortex!!
i made a poll for the A boundary, if you wanna vote then go ahead
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3389927
Original post by jas9799
That is exactly what i put!

hi 5
Original post by mybutton jammed
i put adrenal cortex region for corticoid part will i get the mark?

i also put target for the last part of that question

cant remember the rest of it

cortex is correct?
Original post by ellyphhant
it was defiantly in the cortex!!

Phew!
Original post by Feeebz
Why does fever cause shivering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it said in the Q that the fever causes the set point of the body to increase, and therefore the body feels the need to shiver to increase its body temperature to the higher set point. Shivering causes skeletal muscles to contract which causes heat production
Original post by goonieskellie
huh, i wrote they would have i wider range of accessory pigments to absorb as much light as possible? :s-smilie:

i'm glad someone else went down this route as well
Original post by hamza3256
For which question?
[UOTE]So glad i put stem cells and bone marrow literally seconds before the exam ended.

What cells make red blood cell and the location.
Reply 2354
I resat this paper and overall I found it hard. Too many suggest questions and not enough testing of the actual specification. The dialysis question was horrible. They gave too many marks for minimal points of the spec. so too hard to get marking points. I hope the grade boundaries are low but it depends how everyone else found it.
Original post by ellyphhant
it said in the Q that the fever causes the set point of the body to increase, and therefore the body feels the need to shiver to increase its body temperature to the higher set point. Shivering causes skeletal muscles to contract which causes heat production

Yes but also in that question we were told fever increases body temperature. Hence you would normally want to reduce temperature back to optimum via negative feedback. So why shiver if this increases temperature?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hayley Williams
cortex is correct?

i put adrenal cortex, i think i still get the mark though
in the mark scheme it will say (adrenal) cortex
Original post by deatheater4134
I put interquartile range for the bars

So did I, asked my teacher, and he said because of what the axis error bars is wrong, and it needs to be something about the range.
Okay, no, I didn’t put that.Or that, or that, or that.So, right, I have concluded: I have failed.#GettinganEI’m not going to look at any ‘unofficial markscheme’.You people make me sad. You guys should thank me.I just lowered the grade boundary :wink:Yes, you’re welcome.
Original post by deatheater4134
for the light intensity question, wouldnt you talk about how light intensity is no longer the limiting factor and so c02 or something else must be - then explain this in terms of the calvin cycle?

You're wrong. It asked for it in terms of biochemistry.

Quick Reply