The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elcor
A*A*A*A... :cry2:

I envy the mortals that get into university with As.
My offer you ask? 4A*. Yes, you read that correct, 4A*.
Thats not the end of it!! I also need an A* in EPQ...

WELL, won't be going into uni this year. :biggrin:
Reply 741
Original post by sagar448

Wow, didn't know Cambridge even gave out offers that easy!
Original post by Elcor
Wow, didn't know Cambridge even gave out offers that easy!

Is that sarcasm? :tongue:
Reply 743
Is that sarcasm? :tongue:

:facepalm2:

anyway let's stop derailing the thread
I retook G482. I was initially taking Chem, Physics, maths and further maths, got 3 As and one B (really high because the Ums for g482 were high so I was like a mark away from an A). I guess they gave me an offer because my interview was pretty good and my ECs. Meh. XD

Oh right okay, that's fair enough!

Must have been an amazing interview though for trinity!

Original post by NickLCFC
Wow, I was joking. :colonhash:
I don't even do A2 physics (yet). I'm pretty sure I've failed G482 so will definitely be retaking that next year. Do you seriously find G484 easy?

Yeah Physics A2 is easy

G482 is hardest module I think, even harder than G485
Reply 745
Original post by MO2898
I'm taking Arabic too! What were the odds :biggrin:
I think unit 1 last week was quite nice apart from the translation so that probably means a tough Unit 2
But this is a physics thread soo...:tongue:

Lol yeah bro, the translation was awkward but the rest was fine, i was having the time of my life, and because im such a genius I wasted about 45 mins day dreaming and just enjoying the scenery of the hall which lead to me not noticing that I only had 35min to write the essay at the end which wasn't enough time =/ I only ended up writing a page and a half-ish.
after the g484 exam im guessing you're doing the arabic exam straight after that as well?
Original post by Raizel
Lol yeah bro, the translation was awkward but the rest was fine, i was having the time of my life, and because im such a genius I wasted about 45 mins day dreaming and just enjoying the scenery of the hall which lead to me not noticing that I only had 35min to write the essay at the end which wasn't enough time =/ I only ended up writing a page and a half-ish.
after the g484 exam im guessing you're doing the arabic exam straight after that as well?

TEACH me arabic!!!

Which dialect do you speak?

And how do exams work? Like surely everyone writes in their own dialect, or do you have to learn MSA
Reply 747
Original post by Raizel

Yeah same timing for me. Need to be more alert for G484 hence I chose the morning for it.

I went over by about 20/30 words in the essay oops.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 748
Original post by L'Evil Fish
TEACH me arabic!!!

And how do exams work? Like surely everyone writes in their own dialect, or do you have to learn MSA

A level Arabic is probably the nicest A level out there (with physics at a close #2!) One paper per year. No courseworks, no oral, no listening or speaking just the written paper. And it's done in common/standard Arabic. Although it does seem to be slightly geared towards those of an Arab ethnicity a few non-Arabs, including myself, have learnt it from scratch fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MO2898
A level Arabic is probably the nicest A level out there (with physics at a close #2!) One paper per year. No courseworks, no oral, no listening or speaking just the written paper. And it's done in common/standard Arabic. Although it does seem to be slightly geared towards those of an Arab ethnicity a few non-Arabs, including myself, have learnt it from scratch fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way! How did you learn it from scratch? Can you PM me?

I've been trying to start arabic but can never get any resources... I can read it fine, but that's it
Reply 750
TEACH me arabic!!!

All MSA bro, I've lived in Egypt and UAE for about 6 years,I am Libyan, So my Arabic right now is one big macaroni from all these different dialects (but mainly the Libyan dialect), and I always have to adapt to my friends dialect because they don't understand mine. with all of that I now have to switch the MSA mode on and hope no dialect creeps in.

The AS exam consists of reading a case study and answering questions about it(both in Arabic), putting verbs on letters, translating from Arabic to English, and writing an essay on a given topic in Arabic.
The A2 is basically reading a case study and answering questions, translating from English To Arabic, and writing two essays.
Me and my friend here have to do that after the g484 exam =].
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 751
No way! How did you learn it from scratch? Can you PM me?

I've been trying to start arabic but can never get any resources... I can read it fine, but that's it

Sure I may need to PM :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

Those are ridiculously high jesus! Don't want to spam the thread but I thought my A*AA offer was high lol.
Original post by Elcor

Haven't you already got Maths though?

So it's just A*A*A which is standard offer now
Reply 754
Haven't you already got Maths though?

So it's just A*A*A which is standard offer now

Yeah but I count it to make it sound worse
Can anyone suggest to me some hard G484 or G485 papers? I've done them all before but it's worth getting the practice before the exam.
Original post by Elcor
Yeah but I count it to make it sound worse

Lol I'm gonna start doing that
Reply 757
Original post by BecauseFP
Can anyone suggest to me some hard G484 or G485 papers? I've done them all before but it's worth getting the practice before the exam.

I highly recommend re-doing papers.

I found June 2013 the hardest for NW, not sure for FPFP as I haven't started bombing past papers yet.
Original post by Elcor
I highly recommend re-doing papers.

I found June 2013 the hardest for NW, not sure for FPFP as I haven't started bombing past papers yet.

You don't have long... though that being said I've still yet to do all of the past papers for my hardest exam (FP2), but otherwise I've done them all for every exam that I'm sitting.
Explain why the circular motion of the conical pendulum has the same frequency as a simple pendulum ?

Any takers

Latest

Trending

Trending