The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RichBitch
Such a good exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you're being sarcastic
Original post by kewla1
LOL anyone put how the dialysis thing can selectively reabsorb???? (this is the 1marker about whats different between the 2 or something)

I put that the dialysis membrane acts a as a partially permeable membrane, so larger molecules cant get across or something so hopefully it's something along those lines.
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
definitely not just "membrane". Inner membrane for sure

mark scheme will say
(inner) membrane
how is it (B)MBM???? I put MSM, or something i defo put only sensory for the thing that connects to synapse?
Original post by kewla1
3 marker on auto and heterotrophs anyone? i basically did the 2 defentitions etc to fit the question and then just how they need organic mols like glucose for respiration, muscle contraction etc, anyone?

i put plants produce oxygen for aerobic respiration
Original post by hamza3256
Would I get a mark if I write negative feedback for the first one and positive for the second?

You wouldn't get marks for naming what feedback mechanism they were.
Original post by kewla1
3 marker on auto and heterotrophs anyone? i basically did the 2 defentitions etc to fit the question and then just how they need organic mols like glucose for respiration, muscle contraction etc, anyone?

I put autotrophs can produce carbohydrates whilst heterotrophs cannot, therefore heterotrophs need to eat and digest these substances to get amino acids and glucose for energy etc.
Original post by flygerianmc
I put that the dialysis membrane acts a as a partially permeable membrane, so larger molecules cant get across or something so hopefully it's something along those lines.

but its the other one that acts like that not the peridjdeideo
Original post by mybutton jammed
mark scheme will say
(inner) membrane

but it was specifically pointing to the inner membrane, because it was 3d?
Original post by kewla1

i put something like that just wrote whatever i could and tryna get lucky haha
mark scheme will say
(inner) membrane

I doubt it. It pointed specifically at inner membrane.
Original post by kewla1

It said how heterotrophs rely on plants, so I think you should have said that plants produce Oxygen from photosynthesis, which heterotrophs need for aerobic respiration.

And talk about how heterotrophs release the chemical potential energy stored in the complex, organic molecules for biological processes.
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I doubt it. It pointed specifically at inner membrane.

****sake
Original post by kewla1
how is it (B)MBM???? I put MSM, or something i defo put only sensory for the thing that connects to synapse?

doesn't sensory and motor neurone connect to the relay neurone? hence two synapses?
anyway, time to forget this exam. onto mechanics tomorrow!
Original post by buxtonarmy
Yeah that's right. Just mentioning limiting factors won't get you the mark.

How many marks was this question? Completely left out the Calvin cycle stuff, just spoke about limiting factors, think it would get me one?
Reply 2436
Original post by jonnycope7
Why is everyone so sure about CO2 conc being the limiting factor, surely Temperature could also be a limiting factor?

Yes it could, I doubt you'll be penalised either way.
i hate it when i get these bastard 1 mark questions wrong
****sake

I don't see how your word is law. What possibly makes you so certain the mark scheme will say that?
Original post by Dark Elixir
It said how heterotrophs rely on plants, so I think you should have said that plants produce Oxygen from photosynthesis, which heterotrophs need for aerobic respiration.

And talk about how heterotrophs release the chemical potential energy stored in the complex, organic molecules for biological processes.

But heterotrophs can rely on plants as plants produce organic molecules and they obtain organic molecules from plants?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending