The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Fml I got the vasodilation question wrong. Wow I feel stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
what the **** was that????? where was the biology??????? where was loop of henle?????????? WHY DO I BOTHER REVISING
[QUOTE=NilaJ;56743985]They barely looked at any of the actual underlying context, there is the tiniest statement about Peritoneal dialysis in the spec and they asked such a big question on what nobody has learnt, and then the other questions were all from implied data, it was barely about F214!!!
Exactly!! Feel like I've wasted hours of my time for nothing >:frown:
Reply 2463
Original post by kewla1
how is it (B)MBM???? I put MSM, or something i defo put only sensory for the thing that connects to synapse?

I'm pretty sure I did that as well, I wasn't 100% sure thought
Reply 2464
Original post by kewla1
whats been the lowest ever f214 gradeboundary for an a?

40=A
Then 100% UMS was around 50-53 or so.
It was easier than last year's but it was a okay exam
Now for chemistry f214 ahhhhhh I literally know nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jas9799
yes i put endocrine too.

did you also put the medulla region for another gap?

I put cortex :/
What did they actually want for the neurone similarities in structure question?
Writing

Both have cell body
Both have dendrites
Both have axon
Both can be myelinated (Schwann cells surround axon and secrete myelin)
Both have voltage gated sodium ion channels/sodium-potassium ion pump embedded in plasma membrane

Seems to easy, especially the first 3 points, but what else can you really write at all?

Long answer ATP in aerobic and anaerobic respiration:

In anaerobic respiration, there is a lower yield of ATP as only glycolysis can occur, hence only net 2 ATP molecules produced per glucose molecule. This is because there is no oxygen to act as the final electron acceptor in the electron transport chain. Hence oxidative phosphorylation, Krebs Cycle and Link reaction do not occur.

I then basically talked about the reverse process for aerobic respiration, but basically just 'ora' so no extra points really made.

Would this get the majority of the marks/all marks? What did they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2468
Original post by kewla1
iimiting factor question i just said, something is a limiting facotor such as temp or co2 conc

that;s what I put, hopefully get some marks
Original post by deeferdog
anyone else find that ridiculous and felt it just took the ****? needed an A in that paper to stand a chance of getting into my firm and I know for a fact I haven't got it. feel really upset that there didn't seem to be much biology in it in my opinion! all those great past papers and then there's that piece of ****

Exactly! I didn't realise under the topics Communication, Homeostasis or Energy you needed to know what a mother****ing range bar was. OCR have a duty to test us on the **** that's in the syllabus, and so much of that didn't need biological knowledge. OCR should be embarrassed that they can't even write a paper based on the stuff it's supposed to be. **** them.
Reply 2470
The pathogen one... Wasnt it positive feedback mechanism to increase temp?

Also, i put envelope for 1a labelling, instead of membrane... Mark lost?

Stem cells and bone marrow for one of the Qs.

I also put standard deviation :frown:

For the light intensity one i said O2 outcompetes CO2 for rubisco so less CO2 fixation.

Didn't they specifically ask function of structure C which was the granum. I said stacks of thylakoid provide a large surface area for maximum light absorption
Anyone have any guesses what the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Nellie97
what the **** was that????? where was the biology??????? where was loop of henle?????????? WHY DO I BOTHER REVISING

exactly what I was saying to my mum all the way home!!!
There was no point in even revising for that exam!
If anyone's doing an unofficial mark scheme I'm happy to help out
Original post by NilaJ
They barely looked at any of the actual underlying context, there is the tiniest statement about Peritoneal dialysis in the spec and they asked such a big question on what nobody has learnt, and then the other questions were all from implied data, it was barely about F214!!!

I completely agree with you! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be quite low as I think most people share the same opinion. The dialysis question stumped me completely. Also my general knowledge isn't great so I completely forgot where red blood cells were made! :frown:
Reply 2476
Original post by annnnnnnn
Exactly!! Feel like I've wasted hours of my time for nothing >:frown:

We all wasted a lot of time learning an awful lot of content that they didn't seem to care one bit about. Nothing on any actual biology! Though apparently F211 was like this, and I redid F212 and I can tell you it was all pretty straightforward and recall, so hopefully F215 will make up for it! Last year it was 63=A and 78/79= 100%UMS at an approximation!
what was the pathogen question?
Original post by thequackingduck

What cells make red blood cell and the location.

I wrote kupffer cells; location: liver
Original post by RichBitch
It was easier than last year's but it was a okay exam
Now for chemistry f214 ahhhhhh I literally know nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me neither, haven't looked at it for like 2 months (literally) :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending