The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nbio21
Did u guys put a higher percentage of males started RTT or whatever it was? Then used figures to get the 2nd mark

Yep
What did people write for peritoneal needing to be done 4 times a day? I said it needed to be done more frequently to have as much as an impact as haemo because the sessions are shorter.
Original post by tomzorz
I got scared by people saying "pathogen q", I thought I missed a label question on the insulin question or something :colondollar:

Me too what are they talking about😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kewla1
Guys for the graph q about gender??? What the f, i only saw males

I assumed there was only 1 other gender; females and so if males were 60% then females had to be 40%
They fully tried to screw us up on this test. There was hardly any knowledge based long answer questions. just suggest this suggest that waste men.

what did people talk about on the 5 mark aerobic anerobic question?
Original post by NilaJ
At the end, you sweat when you have a fever and why, then you shiver and why.

oh yeh bril, thanks mate
Original post by RichBitch
Nope I'm sure it was 93

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why 93? How did you do that? I simply divided digit from 2nd column by digit from 3rd column?
Original post by sbraders11
Me too what are they talking about😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just about the last page of questions presumably, about sweating and fever etc.

I just glanced over the wordy text in that question so didn't see the mention of pathogen :colone:
IS THERE ANY WAY we can actually complain to ocr bio about this? im not joking
Original post by JoshFH
I thought it might be about reducing sugar loss from the surrounding tissue preventing hypoglycemia as the sugar solution is closer to blood/tissue fluid water potential.... but a quick search brought this up

"Peritoneal dialysis solution contains dextrose (or another sugar), as well as salt and minerals dissolved in water. The dextrose pulls wastes and fluids into the dialysis solution. The solution comes in concentrations of 1.5%, 2.5% and 4.25% dextrose. Higher amounts pull away more waste, which offers immediate and long-term benefits. But over time, the body absorbs dextrose -- and that causes dialysis to become less effective."

http://www.sharecare.com/health/genitourinary-drugs/what-dextrose-peritoneal-dialysis-solution

Hahaha, how are we even meant to know that for the exam :')
I think k was box plot. I got it just at the last minute.
Reply 2571
Original post by JoshFH
I assumed there was only 1 other gender; females and so if males were 60% then females had to be 40%

I think thats a very fair assumption :P
For shivering during fever I put plasma cells make antibodies faster from the heat generated by muscle contraction.
Reply 2573
Original post by kewla1
Guys for the graph q about gender??? What the f, i only saw males

There was only males, so you assume the rest of the percentage to make up 100 was female. So all the male percentages were over 50, so more men starting it in that year
Original post by YouAgain
Why 93? How did you do that? I simply divided digit from 2nd column over digit from 3rd column?

thats the correct method but its definately 93 not triple digits
Original post by goonieskellie
huh, i wrote they would have i wider range of accessory pigments to absorb as much light as possible? :s-smilie:

Same
[QUOTE=tomzorz;56745395]For the insulin continuing to be secreted, I stated that it takes time for the insulin to reduce the glucose concentration, so the mechanism would carry on until the insulin begins to lower the blood glucose concentration.

Anyone else say this?

I said something similar, I wrote that even after food intake glucose is still entering the body because not all the substances will be broken down at the same time so a prolonged release of insulin would be required. Not sure at all :')
"Shivering can also be a response to a fever, as a person may feel cold. During fever the hypothalamic set point for temperature is raised. The increased set point causes the body temperature to rise (pyrexia), but also makes the patient feel cold until the new set point is reached. Rigor occurs because the patient's body is effectively shivering in a physiological attempt to increase body temperature to the new set point." -Wikipedia

How on earth were we meant to know this.
Thanks OCR!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RichBitch
Nope I'm sure it was 93

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was 93. It was just one divided by the other value

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vincentjack
If anyone's doing an unofficial mark scheme I'm happy to help out

Guys pls add anything you remember

1) Inner membrane
Stroma
Granum

M
B
M

why less ATP generated than theoretical
ATP used to actively transport pyrivate from glycolysis to Link reaction
ATP used to actively transport NADH2 from cytoplasm into matrix
Some protons leak through mitchondrial matrix reducing proton motive force

how structure of motor n sensory neurone are similar
Both have cell body with nucleus and mitchondria
Both have axon
Both can be myelinated, schwann cells wrapped around

Anaerobic respiration
No oxygen- oxygen is final electron acceptor
Electron transport chain cannot function,
so link reaction and krebs cycle also stop
Glycolysis is the only source of ATP

Secretion of Insulin
1) Glucose diffuses in, metabolised to ATP
2) ATP causes potassium ion channels to close, depolarisation
3) Voltage-gated calcium channles open, calcium ions diffuse in
4) Ca2+ causes vesicles containing insulin to fuse with cell surface membrane and release insulin via exocytosis

What cells make red blood cell and the location
Stem cells
Bone marrow

RRT

Range?
how peritonal dialyisis differs from haemodalyisis?
peritoneal needing to be done 4 times a day?
Shivering in fever?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending