The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

doesnt kuffer cells destroy red blood cells not produce them ? i sad pluripotent stem cells but i think its multipotent
Original post by diddlemyhiddle
Just to satisfy a disagreement: On the question about where RBC come from I wrote stem cells in bone marrow but a friend of mine put hepatocytes in the liver because that's where foetal RBC are produced. I argued that it didn't specify foetal but she said that the stem cell/bone marrow answer wasn't on our spec whereas hepatocytes/liver was. Just wondering what everyone else thought

stem cells and bone marrow is correct. although the its not in the spec, OCR will expect A2 biologists to have that knowledge. they like to link different areas of biology and make you apply knowledge. In the textbook it only refers to the liver kupffer cells destroying red blood cells

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by games211
can you talk about amino acids and triglycerides turning into glucose?? I am so lost worst paper i have ever touched!

I HAVE NO IDEA??? i wrote about how anaerobic respiration is different to aerobic respiration....so things like no krebs cycle, so no ATP produced in anaerobic resp...IDK
for the why do you shiver question I put because as fever > sweat to cool down, you shiver to counteract the effects of the sweating... feel so stupid after reading that answer because now it's been said it seems so obvious!
Original post by games211
can you talk about amino acids and triglycerides turning into glucose?? I am so lost worst paper i have ever touched!

Im pretty sure this was about anaerobic respiration and why it produces less ATP than aerobic?
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Low grade boundaries for all! Tbh, I'll be lucky to crack 40

LOOOL tbh I think the grade boundaries are gonna be low. I had high hopes for 50s, but I don't think that's happening haha
what did people write for the why 65+ are undiagnosed ?
Original post by deeferdog
for the why do you shiver question I put because as fever > sweat to cool down, you shiver to counteract the effects of the sweating... feel so stupid after reading that answer because now it's been said it seems so obvious!

I put exactly that point, perhaps more eloquently though :wink: I think it was a logical conclusion to draw for a suggest question so don't worry too much :smile:
predicted grade boundaries anyone?:redface:
Original post by shloke123
Im pretty sure this was about anaerobic respiration and why it produces less ATP than aerobic?

Literally I was so worried that I missed a question!?
Reply 2730
Original post by NilaJ
You're fine as long as you aren't out the box!

yep i made sure i wasn't out of the two black corners at the bottom of the page
Original post by bossun
I said something along the lines of the peritonium contains other body fluids so dextrose will maintain the concentration gradient. I wonder if that's enough. Saw the "Maintain concentration gradient" in 2009 MS before :colondollar:

I have no clue, i'm just a dumb A-level student trying to get to uni. However, as the contrasts of the two methods of dialysis was that haemodialysis maintains a gradient whereas the other didn't I'm not sure you're on the right track with that answer? but don't take my word for it, i'm not expert on dialysis
Reply 2732
Original post by c.simms07

This.
Think I got 55+, pretty easy test if you revised really specific.

I said because a lot of people 65+ will have multiple health issues and it will be difficult to identify a single cause of kidney failure from a multitude of possible causes
Original post by Student08
predicted grade boundaries anyone?:redface:

46 for an A*, 42 for an A, 38 for a B? Not sure yet. Looks like people found it tough though.

I wrote that it was because people over 65 may exhibit symptoms from multiple causes of kidney failure and, therefore, it couldn't be concluded which of the causes what specific to them.
Can anyone remember whether D or E was adapted to living in the shade and why?
I've looked through people posts and many put 'positive feedback' as the answer to 'why insulin is still produced?'...
I said its to maintain homeostasis to prevent hyperglycaemia. To maintain glucose levels in the blood. not too high not too low. But no one else wrote it. Tough paper. Hopefully low boundaries.
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Literally I was so worried that I missed a question!?

hahah yeah same, they just worded it badly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending