The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by BecauseFP
You don't have long... though that being said I've still yet to do all of the past papers for my hardest exam (FP2), but otherwise I've done them all for every exam that I'm sitting.

I have 4 exams over the next 3 days so I can't do FPFP now. I'm just gonna cram massively. I basically understand all the stuff already, just got to fine out the edges, so to speak.
Original post by Elcor
I have 4 exams over the next 3 days so I can't do FPFP now. I'm just gonna cram massively. I basically understand all the stuff already, just got to fine out the edges, so to speak.

I think you'll be surprised by the past papers! They're much much easier than I thought they would be
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think you'll be surprised by the past papers! They're much much easier than I thought they would be

57,000 posts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 763

That would be nice! I've already done 5/8 of them, but only once each.
Original post by jeopardy

Well done you can read :yy:
Original post by Elcor
That would be nice! I've already done 5/8 of them, but only once each.

Oh I thought you hadn't done any?
Reply 766
Oh I thought you hadn't done any?

I just haven't started my one-after-the-other-after-the-other until my mental health is destroyed technique.
Reply 767
Original post by Makashima
Explain why the circular motion of the conical pendulum has the same frequency as a simple pendulum ?

Any takers

Can you use units (dimensional analysis) to prove this? If so then I think I have an answer:

Edit: I'd then K.O. that with a statement like "therefore, when both pendulums having the same length are in a gravitational field of the same strength, the frequencies of both would be identical".

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Explain why the circular motion of the conical pendulum has the same frequency as a simple pendulum ?

Any takers

As ^

Think about what frequency is dependent on and then relate that to simple/ conical. You should find that both have the same dependency
Reply 770
NASA thing about to launch live for all you physics nerds:
http://www.iflscience.com/space/here-s-how-watch-nasa-s-flying-saucer-test-launch

This counts as revision
internal energy, the sum of the KE and the PE

in an atom
in a body
in a object

which one???
Reply 772

in an atom
in a body
in a object

which one???

In a system ?

in an atom
in a body
in a object

which one???

all molecules in a body
Any people have a complete definitions document for g484 (and g485) that they could share with a brother?
Assuming an experiment comes up, what experiments are there?:confused:

Minus the s.h.c of a solid/liquid as it came up last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
why is the gradient of a substance with a greater shc steeper?
Reply 777
Original post by fernmaddison

For a temperature time graph 1/gradient is the shc!!
Reply 778
Original post by fernmaddison

Depends for which graph.
Specific heat capacity is the energy required to change the temperature of one kilogram a substance by one kelvin.
If it's a Temperature against Energy (or equivalent) graph then the gradient will be steeper because each kg of that substance needs more energy to heat up, compared to a substance of lower SHC.

Mathematically:
dE = m c dT
comparing with y=mx+c,
y-axis is Energy and x-axis is temp., so gradient is mc (mass times SHC)
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you guys use any other past papers other than the standard ones from our spec?
I've run out :colonhash:

Latest

Trending

Trending