The Student Room Group

Your 6 most disliked UK politicians active today

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarrenBCFC
The austerity is FAKE they have not proved that it is real , yeah you have government statistics but how credible are they not very they are clinical liars and i dont believe a word of what the conservatives say they have no evidence behind their numbers. And they audit there own info so if my source isnt accurate neither is yours.

What do you mean 'it is fake'? Are you denying that government spending has fallen?

The statistics are from an independent body, the OBR. There is empirical, cold evidence behind the numbers put forward in their reports.

Your source, as you concede, is not accurate - mine is.
And for 11 type in West Bromwich West constituency and see how popular the posh boys are in my oart of the country i can tell you without looking they finished 3rd behind labour and UKIP the Midlands is dominantly labour this year i dont ckass stafford****e or worcster as midlands

I was joking...
Original post by Jammy Duel
Sounds sounds like a sensible county. Kent? At the very least south east?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wiltshire so South West :smile:
Reply 263
George Osborne: Idiot knows nothing about economics
Kenneth Clarke: A Lib-Dem masquerading as a Tory, in fact I could list nearly every Europhile Conservative.
Harriet Harperson: A risible individual who got her job by exploiting women's rights (in fact I could include 99% of Labour female MPs in similar circumstances but I won't)
Owen Paterson: My local MP, a right wrong'un and berk who couldn't care any less about his constituency outside of making the farmers (who vote him in) happy
Nick Clegg: This is a student's forum, that probably says enough of why he's here
Andy Burnham: As a Conservative I can't wait until the Mid-Staffs Murderer is made Labour leader as it'll make our lives just as easy us when they were under Milibland

HONOURABLE MENTION:
Dennis Skinner: Old fart who is symptomatic of everything that was wrong with Britain from 1965 until Maggie fixed everything. Wished he'd retire now the fool
Original post by Jack22031994
Wiltshire so South West :smile:

To be honest, I'm still thinking pre-Lib-Dem cull. Both at uni and home I have one pesky city seat stopping solid blue (that is if at uni we split Yorkshire into it's three parts)
Original post by Lady Comstock
A wonderful, handsome man.

Hahahaha
To be honest, I'm still thinking pre-Lib-Dem cull. Both at uni and home I have one pesky city seat stopping solid blue (that is if at uni we split Yorkshire into it's three parts)

Still, even before the election 6 of the 7 were Tory :smile:

ah thats annoying :. Im at Uni in Bristol so its all Labour bar two seats and one of those is arguably south Gloucestershire and not Bristol

The tories took all the seats off the lib dems in the South West I believe so its bascically all Tory now bar Bristol :smile:
Original post by Jack22031994
Still, even before the election 6 of the 7 were Tory :smile:

ah thats annoying :. Im at Uni in Bristol so its all Labour bar two seats and one of those is arguably south Gloucestershire and not Bristol

The tories took all the seats off the lib dems in the South West I believe so its bascically all Tory now bar Bristol :smile:

I have a pretty darn safe Lib Dem at home and a VERY safe Labour at uni to contend with. At least at uni we managed to piss of Labour in the city council by forming a Con-Lib coalition.
Original post by ekmad
George Osborne: Idiot knows nothing about economics
Kenneth Clarke: A Lib-Dem masquerading as a Tory, in fact I could list nearly every Europhile Conservative.
Harriet Harperson: A risible individual who got her job by exploiting women's rights (in fact I could include 99% of Labour female MPs in similar circumstances but I won't)
Owen Paterson: My local MP, a right wrong'un and berk who couldn't care any less about his constituency outside of making the farmers (who vote him in) happy
Nick Clegg: This is a student's forum, that probably says enough of why he's here
Andy Burnham: As a Conservative I can't wait until the Mid-Staffs Murderer is made Labour leader as it'll make our lives just as easy us when they were under Milibland

HONOURABLE MENTION:
Dennis Skinner: Old fart who is symptomatic of everything that was wrong with Britain from 1965 until Maggie fixed everything. Wished he'd retire now the fool

He may not have studied economics at university, but he managed pretty deftly to balance both the Keynesian and Classical arguments in his development of Tory strategy in 2010 before deciding that fiscal credibility was the most important thing to master. His strategy has been proven successful, with the IMF all but apologising to him for earlier saying he was playing with fire with his cuts. So please, tell me - how does he know nothing about economics?
Reply 269
Original post by ibzombie96
He may not have studied economics at university, but he managed pretty deftly to balance both the Keynesian and Classical arguments in his development of Tory strategy in 2010 before deciding that fiscal credibility was the most important thing to master. His strategy has been proven successful, with the IMF all but apologising to him for earlier saying he was playing with fire with his cuts. So please, tell me - how does he know nothing about economics?

He handled it well but wasn't exactly anything special, the proof in the pudding is the next 5 years. If he does restore industry and balances the economy then I'll withdraw my criticism. Until then I'm not too keen (also he looks like a vampire)
Original post by ekmad
He handled it well but wasn't exactly anything special, the proof in the pudding is the next 5 years. If he does restore industry and balances the economy then I'll withdraw my criticism. Until then I'm not too keen (also he looks like a vampire)

He handled it far better than most EU and G7 governments did.

But yeah, he does look a little vampiric - kudos, though, for his weight loss.
Reply 271
He handled it far better than most EU and G7 governments did.

But yeah, he does look a little vampiric - kudos, though, for his weight loss.

I'll be honest you can't use the EU as an economic litmus paper, some of the most basketcase economies all tied up in a bloated eurocratic bow. Matching the US was pretty decent though
I have a pretty darn safe Lib Dem at home and a VERY safe Labour at uni to contend with. At least at uni we managed to piss of Labour in the city council by forming a Con-Lib coalition.

At home I lve i a safe Tory Seat with the MP having around a 21,000 majority and at Uni it was Lib Dem with a 11,000 majority untilthe election and now its a Labour seat with the Greens closely in second.

thats good and yeah hahaha :smile:

In Wiltshire County council we have over 60 councillors and Labour have less than 10 haha :smile:
What do you mean 'it is fake'? Are you denying that government spending has fallen?

The statistics are from an independent body, the OBR. There is empirical, cold evidence behind the numbers put forward in their reports.

Your source, as you concede, is not accurate - mine is.

Bribes? It is fake there is no debt - they are using it just to cripple the poor as Maggie Thatcher did. The conservatives are all about getting their mates who deal in shares the best deal.
Bribes? It is fake there is no debt - they are using it just to cripple the poor as Maggie Thatcher did. The conservatives are all about getting their mates who deal in shares the best deal.

Are you trolling or are you genuinely stupid enough to believe that there is no debt?
Do you even know what deficit, borrowing and debt are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you trolling or are you genuinely stupid enough to believe that there is no debt?
Do you even know what deficit, borrowing and debt are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do but it does not exist.I do not believe a word of any tory. Deficit is how much over budget they go. Borrowing is how much they have loaned and debt is what they owe so Borrowing and debt coincide if not repaid.

There is no debt?

You've proven you're just not worth arguing with.
I do but it does not exist.I do not believe a word of any tory. Deficit is how much over budget they go. Borrowing is how much they have loaned and debt is what they owe so Borrowing and debt coincide if not repaid.

So we have been running a deficit for 14 years and don't have any government debt? How does that work? Last I checked we haven't defaulted on our debts.
So we have been running a deficit for 14 years and don't have any government debt? How does that work? Last I checked we haven't defaulted on our debts.

Much longer than that bud- it has just an been a excuse to hold someone to ransom. for the conservatives they can hold the working class to ransom- while labour hold the rich to ransom with 50p tax rate which i fully back. Also the so called deficit as been around for many many years major **** canned us in 1997 and the last labour government actually cut the deficit when compared with Major
Much longer than that bud- it has just an been a excuse to hold someone to ransom. for the conservatives they can hold the working class to ransom- while labour hold the rich to ransom with 50p tax rate which i fully back. Also the so called deficit as been around for many many years major **** canned us in 1997 and the last labour government actually cut the deficit when compared with Major

You do realise that when there is a deficit, there necessarily is debt, don't you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending