The Student Room Group

Your 6 most disliked UK politicians active today

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ibzombie96
You do realise that when there is a deficit, there necessarily is debt, don't you?

Yes but it is all fake how do you get into a supposed 1trn debt. It is all media propaganda so as i said the tories can hold working class to ransom with cuts .etc and labour can **** can the rich with tax. If you believe anything from any politician especially Cameron you're a fool
Original post by DarrenBCFC
Yes but it is all fake how do you get into a supposed 1trn debt. It is all media propaganda so as i said the tories can hold working class to ransom with cuts .etc and labour can **** can the rich with tax. If you believe anything from any politician especially Cameron you're a fool

You get into 1trn debt by having governments that frequently have deficits in the billions - is that hard to understand? You acknowledge that the deficits are real, yet somehow you insist that the debt is fake. I honestly don't know what to say.

How can a political party hold a whole class to ransom with cuts? That group of people have the collective power not to vote Tory and hinder their efforts to get into Downing Street. If the Tories need these people to get into power, why would they hold them to ransom. And before you say it - they do need the working class' support to get into power; being backed by the rich alone is not sufficient for electoral success. And Labour don't really **** the rich with tax.

Do you believe anything Dennis Skinner says?

You have quite possibly the most naïve take on British politics I've ever seen.
Dianne Abbott
Chuka
Milipede
Blair
Galloway
Farren
Much longer than that bud- it has just an been a excuse to hold someone to ransom. for the conservatives they can hold the working class to ransom- while labour hold the rich to ransom with 50p tax rate which i fully back. Also the so called deficit as been around for many many years major **** canned us in 1997 and the last labour government actually cut the deficit when compared with Major

There has only been a deficit for 14 consecutive years, given that new labour followed the Tory plan for 1997-2001 before being no longer committed to doing so and rubbing a surplus, although I'm well aware we ran a deficit for decades before '97. And a 50pc income tax has next to no benefit tax wise over 45 which in turn had little benefit over 40, and that's before consisting the negative aspects of it.

You do realise that when there is a deficit, there necessarily is debt, don't you?

Not necessarily. Suppose I have £200 of savings but in a certain time period have a deficit of £100 I still have £100 cash reserves and no debt

You get £1.5tn debt by having a large debt and then running deficits i in excess of ,£100bn for half a decade followed by still very large deficits for another two.

Cynicism is good, politicians tend to be rather deceitful, but to dismiss all they say as lies is even more foolish and naive than to believe everything they say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You get into 1trn debt by having governments that frequently have deficits in the billions - is that hard to understand? You acknowledge that the deficits are real, yet somehow you insist that the debt is fake. I honestly don't know what to say.

How can a political party hold a whole class to ransom with cuts? That group of people have the collective power not to vote Tory and hinder their efforts to get into Downing Street. If the Tories need these people to get into power, why would they hold them to ransom. And before you say it - they do need the working class' support to get into power; being backed by the rich alone is not sufficient for electoral success. And Labour don't really **** the rich with tax.

The tories are by far the biggest liars

Just one example they wanted to make Britain more "equal". In your opinion does giving millionaires tax back and the vulnerable a bedroom tax as a punishment for not buying a home they can't physically afford?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0YpRqoi8To - he seemed to beat cameron with this one
The tories are by far the biggest liars

Just one example they wanted to make Britain more "equal". In your opinion does giving millionaires tax back and the vulnerable a bedroom tax as a punishment for not buying a home they can't physically afford?

I think you should probably edit this and finish your last sentence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0YpRqoi8To - he seemed to beat cameron with this one

So do you accept you were wrong when you told me not to believe any politician?
Original post by Jammy Duel
There has only been a deficit for 14 consecutive years, given that new labour followed the Tory plan for 1997-2001 before being no longer committed to doing so and rubbing a surplus, although I'm well aware we ran a deficit for decades before '97. And a 50pc income tax has next to no benefit tax wise over 45 which in turn had little benefit over 40, and that's before consisting the negative aspects of it.

Not necessarily. Suppose I have £200 of savings but in a certain time period have a deficit of £100 I still have £100 cash reserves and no debt

You get £1.5tn debt by having a large debt and then running deficits i in excess of ,£100bn for half a decade followed by still very large deficits for another two.

Cynicism is good, politicians tend to be rather deceitful, but to dismiss all they say as lies is even more foolish and naive than to believe everything they say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

With respect, my pointing towards the necessary aspect of that relationship was intended to be taken in a more practical sense than that which you though appropriate.
With respect, my pointing towards the necessary aspect of that relationship was intended to be taken in a more practical sense than that which you though appropriate.

Except that which I thought appropriate should be the reality. Excluding very low interest debts which aren't really worth paying off we should have a small cash reserve the the low points of the business cycle, striving for a near perfect budget balance over the while cycle with debt interest as low as possible, bar where it's better just to ignore it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1) George Osbourne- smarmy, smug excuse for a human being.

2) David Cameron- for everything he stands for

3) Nick Clegg- no explanation needed.

Beyond that, I don't dislike any of them on a personal level unless they are racist, homophobic, anti-women or etc
So do you accept you were wrong when you told me not to believe any politician?

Never they are all corrupt especially the conservatives . If labour was to close i would vote for UKIP or BNP to stop the conservatives getting in
Original post by battycatlady
1) George Osbourne- smarmy, smug excuse for a human being.

2) David Cameron- for everything he stands for

3) Nick Clegg- no explanation needed.

Beyond that, I don't dislike any of them on a personal level unless they are racist, homophobic, anti-women or etc

Sounds like you're going to dislike most politicians

Posted from TSR Mobile
Except that which I thought appropriate should be the reality. Excluding very low interest debts which aren't really worth paying off we should have a small cash reserve the the low points of the business cycle, striving for a near perfect budget balance over the while cycle with debt interest as low as possible, bar where it's better just to ignore it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I agree.
Never they are all corrupt especially the conservatives . If labour was to close i would vote for UKIP or BNP to stop the conservatives getting in

With whom is Dennis Skinner corrupt?
Nicola Sturgeon - I'm sure she's a lovely woman when you get to know her personally, I do. But Christ, her party is awful. She commands a group of people who have flouted parliamentary tradition (clapping, eating in parliament) and tried to break up the union. The only thing I like about her is her put down of Farage at the TV debate.

Nigel Farage - While I dislike UKIP as a party, that's not the reason I dislike Farage. From what I've heard of Mr Carswell, we may disagree politically but he does appear to care for his constituents and has built up a lot of trust with them. I dislike Farage because of that smug, beer drinking 'one of the lads' that he's been given when UKIP are pretty much anything but. Furthermore, the HIV comments and the 'Left Wing Bias' comments he made at the TV debates really annoyed me. Not to mention his resignation followed by a renege on it two days later, - it was clear from the start he never meant to resign.

Alex Salmond - His comments about Charles Kennedy. 'nuff said.

Harriet Harman - She has had her witty moments in the commons but she's also had her stupid ones. Her 'close to patriarchy' comments about the commons having a Father of the House rather than a Mother of the House. I also detest all women short lists because they come across as very patronising towards women.

Godfrey Bloom - Where should I start?

Michael Martin - The weakest speaker the commons has had probably. Sounded like he was muttering "udder" at times. Again, he's probably a nice bloke when you get to know him but a wrong choice for speaker.
With whom is Dennis Skinner corrupt?

I don't know but Cameron is.
Ill post the articles and expain at 9:30 PM
Original post by KingOfSwing
Furthermore, the HIV comments and the 'Left Wing Bias' comments he made at the TV debates really annoyed me.

Just because the truth is painful doesn't mean you should shoot the messenger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know but Cameron is.
Ill post the articles and expain at 9:30 PM

I can hardly wait.
Just because the truth is painful doesn't mean you should shoot the messenger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a problem with Health Tourism if people are coming here for the sole purpose of getting cured for things which they could easily get in their home countries. But if someone is from a nation which has no access to any HIV treatment, I believe it's morally right to help them. Although I suppose this hasn't changed your mind, debates are pretty much futile when it comes to things such as collective responsibility for each other :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending