The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

44/60 :/ big :/
Reply 2981
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I know what you mean. I'll need 85% on f215 or more for an A overall now *sigh*

85%?? Not if the bounds are anything like last year! Last year it was 63 for an A so even full UMS was only about 75/76%
Few things wrong on the mark scheme, It's 30 ATP molecules per glucose molecule for the anaerobic respiration question, additionally vasodilation ISNT the moving on aterioles to the skin because they don't move they simply dilate the arteriolar a close to the skin.
*meant arterioles:/
can somebody please teach me f215 on skype? it will help you too loool please
For the question about Autotrophs and hetertrophs the mark scheme says:

Autotrophs use small inorganic molecules to synthesise the large organic molecules that are digested by heterotrophs. Heterotrophs also use the products of digestion to synthesise organic molecules.
Plants produce O2 for aerobic respiration
Plants remove CO2 from the atmosphere

I included everything except for the plants remove CO2 from the atmosphere, would I only get 2/3 marks?
Original post by baffledchick
For the question about Autotrophs and hetertrophs the mark scheme says:

Autotrophs use small inorganic molecules to synthesise the large organic molecules that are digested by heterotrophs. Heterotrophs also use the products of digestion to synthesise organic molecules.
Plants produce O2 for aerobic respiration
Plants remove CO2 from the atmosphere

I included everything except for the plants remove CO2 from the atmosphere, would I only get 2/3 marks?

but why would you talk about auto? when they wanted you to talk about how het use plants?
Reply 2987
Original post by SpicyMonkey98
*meant arterioles:/

All sorted and changed
Original post by domcandrews
They did this with AS this year aswell. F211 was weird contained stupid stuff like holes in babies heart and half was plants, F212 was more spec based, overall very good paper. F214 was not too nice, so hopefully F215 will follow the F212 trend

that's what i think happened with chemistry too, apparently f321 was difficult and contained elements not talked about in class that are situated at the bottom of the periodic table, then f322 which i retook was a pretty good paper. touch wood that this trend continues?!
Original post by games211
but why would you talk about auto? when they wanted you to talk about how het use plants?

I just said how autotrophs produce complex organic molecules which heterotrophs use to release energy and they use the O2 for respiration from autotrophs... how many marks would that be?

Also the question about the adaptation of grana is this correct:
They contain photosynthetic pigments arranged in photosystems for maximum light absorption and these are held in place by proteins in the grana
Would that be 2 marks?

Anyone :smile:
For the question about the effect on photosynthesis and link to biochemistry, i wrote that light intensity is no longer a limiting factor as no more electrons can be excited so no more ATP and redNAD can br produced. The answer is the mark scheme is not referring to the biochemistry, so I don't know if my answet would get 2 marks? :s
The effects of light intensity specifically bolded the word biochemically, so I believe you were supposed to talk about more photons as light intensity increases but the elector acceptors/carriers in the electron transport chain can only take so many electrons -- kind of how when more substrates added when all the enzymes occupied

Also, when they were asking us to identify K, it was definitely error bars there was something similar in an f215 paper in roughly 2012/2011 if I remember correctly :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2992
For the fill in the gaps question, could the second one have been protein hormone instead of hormone?
Reply 2993
Original post by 123456789012
For the question about the effect on photosynthesis and link to biochemistry, i wrote that light intensity is no longer a limiting factor as no more electrons can be excited so no more ATP and redNAD can br produced. The answer is the mark scheme is not referring to the biochemistry, so I don't know if my answet would get 2 marks? :s

I think it should be
Original post by Saltedcaramel1
44/60 :/ big :/

44/60 last year would be an A and the year before that would be a B, so I wouldn't worry too much
Original post by louloulou96
that's what i think happened with chemistry too, apparently f321 was difficult and contained elements not talked about in class that are situated at the bottom of the periodic table, then f322 which i retook was a pretty good paper. touch wood that this trend continues?!

Yeah i do aqa and that's the exact same! chem1 was weird, chem2 was very nice! anyways we shall see! good luck with the rest of your exams!
Original post by NilaJ
I think it should be

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I got slightly worried when I got a different answer to the markscheme.
Original post by games211
can somebody please teach me f215 on skype? it will help you too loool please

I'd definitely give at least some of it a go! What bits are you stuck on ?
Original post by ayan97
The effects of light intensity specifically bolded the word biochemically, so I believe you were supposed to talk about more photons as light intensity increases but the elector acceptors/carriers in the electron transport chain can only take so many electrons -- kind of how when more substrates added when all the enzymes occupied

Also, when they were asking us to identify K, it was definitely error bars there was something similar in an f215 paper in roughly 2012/2011 if I remember correctly :tongue:

I wrote standard deviation bars just to be on the safe side.. :tongue:
Hi everyone. Have I missed the ideas on grade boundaries? Sorry if people have asked before!

Well done for today everyone. Put so much effort into memorising all the respiration processes and photosynthesis and it didn't even come up so have neglected F215 a bit. Aaaaargh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending