The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by games211
can somebody please teach me f215 on skype? it will help you too loool please

If you wanted to go through some things then sure! I prefer IM to speaking though tbh bc I'm self conscious abt my voice hehe
Hey in regards to this question Why insulin continues to be released (2) - I think it may be because the fact that although the person stopped their intake of glucose, glucose levels in the blood are still high, blood glucose concentrations are still high so insulin is still needed to convert glucose -> glycogen (glycogenesis) etc? What do you think?

Also the shivering Q - a quick google search approved that shivering whilst having a fever is a type of positive feedback - moving further away from optimum and making the body heat up even more so.
guys im kinda confused on where the stages of respiration take place, idk whether i got 1 mark or full marks

can someone draw mitochondria and label it like the one in the exam to show where each stage takes place?

thanks
What was the answer with red blood cells?

Bone Marrow and stem cells?
Original post by mybutton jammed
guys im kinda confused on where the stages of respiration take place, idk whether i got 1 mark or full marks

can someone draw mitochondria and label it like the one in the exam to show where each stage takes place?

thanks

glycolysis was W I think whatever was the outside
krebs and link was matrix, inside the mitochondria
oxidative was on the crista bit
Original post by frozo123
What was the answer with red blood cells?

Bone Marrow and stem cells?

Yup that was it
Reply 3006

thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2PCWtpK33kdbXpwQURDVXVBSEhhSWhJeDRicjhkblkxcFk4/view?usp=sharing
sorry for the neatness
Original post by frozo123
glycolysis was W I think whatever was the outside
krebs and link was matrix, inside the mitochondria
oxidative was on the crista bit

20150608_204100.jpg

can u see the other picture i just put up i swear it looked like that lol
sorry for the rotated image
Original post by babyanchxr
44/60 last year would be an A and the year before that would be a B, so I wouldn't worry too much

I was hoping to come out with a strong 50 in that exam but the excretion question messed me up big time :/
Reply 3012
can u see the other picture i just put up i swear it looked like that lol

Haven't seen it but that's definitely right
Original post by Gro96
Haven't seen it but that's definitely right

did the diagram not look like this lol? i swear i think im going blind haha
Reply 3014

did the diagram not look like this lol? i swear i think im going blind haha

Yeah thats wrong, just Krebs is also in the m.matrix ( same as link )
Original post by Gro96
Yeah thats wrong, just Krebs is also in the m.matrix ( same as link )

wait but that means i got the oxidative and glycolysis right, if i had mixed up the words for krebs cycle and link reaction does that matter?
So now we have all seen the unofficial mark scheme what is the grade boundary for an A looking like? Like last year 41? Or higher at 46(June 2013)?
Reply 3017
wait but that means i got the oxidative and glycolysis right, if i had mixed up the words for krebs cycle and link reaction does that matter?

exact qu: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2PCWtpK33kdU3UwSU1aRU1Ya0k/view?usp=sharing
They are the only right answers so for each you get wrong you lose a mark, looks like you got 3/4
Original post by Gro96
exact qu: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2PCWtpK33kdU3UwSU1aRU1Ya0k/view?usp=sharing
They are the only right answers so for each you get wrong you lose a mark, looks like you got 3/4

oh omg thanks man u saved my life i thought i lost 3 marks

so im on 47/60 :biggrin:
Reply 3019
I doubt 46 like June 13, I did that paper yesterday it was ridiculously easy.. I got 55.. I'm thinking about 42-43 =A
Original post by baffledchick
So now we have all seen the unofficial mark scheme what is the grade boundary for an A looking like? Like last year 41? Or higher at 46(June 2013)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending