The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gro96
I doubt 46 like June 13, I did that paper yesterday it was ridiculously easy.. I got 55.. I'm thinking about 42-43 =A

YAY thank you! I didn't do that past paper so didn't know how easy it was compared to our paper.
Is sweating Negative Feedback?
and Shivering Positive feedback?

and for the dialysis ****, what was the answer for the 4 times a day thing?
I said the membrane isn't very big so filtration only occurs for small amounts of blood at a time or something so filtration of the blood has to occur more frequently
On the mitochondria question it said state the letter that represents each process btw
Original post by Asif_m96
On the mitochondria question it said state the letter that represents each process btw

thats what i was thinking so i just guessed
Original post by mybutton jammed
thats what i was thinking so i just guessed

I'm just saying because if those guys wrote 'cytoplasm' or 'matrix' instead of the letter then they lost marks
Questions were hard but the mark scheme may well be quite lenient, so my predictions:

B - 39
A - 43
A* - 47
Original post by WeirdF
Questions were hard but the mark scheme may well be quite lenient, so my predictions:

B - 39
A - 43
A* - 47

where's the mark scheme?
Original post by frozo123
where's the mark scheme?

Well it obviously hasn't been released yet, I'm just saying it may be quite lenient.

If you want the unofficial one it's here.
For the Insulin Question related to Diagram, I said for Number 1. GLUT 4 open (its a glucose transporter name). Will that get credit? As i had no clue those dark shapes were ATP -.-.
Original post by Gro96
exact qu: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2PCWtpK33kdU3UwSU1aRU1Ya0k/view?usp=sharing
They are the only right answers so for each you get wrong you lose a mark, looks like you got 3/4

for electron transport chain why cant u have more than 1 so unfair!!!
A MASSIVE THANK YOU to the people that put the mark scheme together :smile: Helped me to concentrate on the exams ahead!
Original post by baffledchick
A MASSIVE THANK YOU to the people that put the mark scheme together :smile: Helped me to concentrate on the exams ahead!

Don't worry I'll help lower the grade boundaries for F215 lol :smile:
Original post by frozo123
Don't worry I'll help lower the grade boundaries for F215 lol :smile:

I'll be joining you there ahaha, taking one for the team! Like I did today... you're welcome guys (Got in the range of 36-40) which could be a D or a B, damn why is it out of such a small amount
The only thing that's keeping me going is that fact that I got 294 ums last year ; /.
Original post by cmfunk
The only thing that's keeping me going is that fact that I got 294 ums last year ; /.

lol you don't even need to revise for f215 go away
Original post by mybutton jammed
20150608_204100.jpg

Isn't oxidative phosphorylation both the cristae and the inner membrane space because protons got pumped there?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by games211
for electron transport chain why cant u have more than 1 so unfair!!!

Electron transport chain is inner membrane and inner membrane space so I'm pretty sure you'll get the mark
Reply 3037
For the fill in the gaps question I wrote adrenal cortex instead of just cortex, do you think I'll lose a mark?
Who has the paper
Original post by Deepak96
For the fill in the gaps question I wrote adrenal cortex instead of just cortex, do you think I'll lose a mark?

No, they'll probably have adrenal in brackets or something because it is still the correct answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending