The Student Room Group

WJEC Psychology PY3

I'm absolutely fine with PY4 as I have model answers so if anyone needs them for any PY4 let me know and its the same with the 15 markers for PY3:smile::smile::smile::smile:
HOWEVER, I'm freaking out with PY3 definitions because I have 2 teachers and one of them is telling me to write a sentence and that'll get me 2 marks where as the other one is saying I need more detail but is telling me to write 3/4 lines for 2 marks.

Anyone got a PY3 definitions list which all insure 2 marks but isn't too much that would waste time??? PLEEEAAASSEEEE I'M DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I want the model answers for PY4 & PY3 PLEASE! and regarding the PY3 definitions I don't have a list but to ensure you get 2 marks you should definitely write in detail. So for example if you were to write about one advantage of using questionnaires don't just say that it's quick and easy but try to elaborate on the impact of that by saying that this means that you can test many people at once. Good luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by frankierobinson
I'm absolutely fine with PY4 as I have model answers so if anyone needs them for any PY4 let me know and its the same with the 15 markers for PY3:smile::smile::smile::smile:
HOWEVER, I'm freaking out with PY3 definitions because I have 2 teachers and one of them is telling me to write a sentence and that'll get me 2 marks where as the other one is saying I need more detail but is telling me to write 3/4 lines for 2 marks.

Anyone got a PY3 definitions list which all insure 2 marks but isn't too much that would waste time??? PLEEEAAASSEEEE I'M DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!:s-smilie:

Hey I am having the same problem with my teachers... I am being told that for the definitions I need to define it and then give an example. Kinda worried about that because it'll take up so much time in the actual exam!
Reply 3
In order to get two marks, you have to write more then one sentence. If you find that you can't elaborate (e.g. for validity you could elaborate by talking about internal/external validity) then you either contextualize it to the study given above (if it asks you) or give a well known example from a core study you did last year (e.g. for a field experiment, you could use Langer and Rodin who conducted theirs in a care home). Trust me, it isn't a waste of time, you've just gotta see whether it's two mark worthy to get the marks in the bag.

PLEASE could I see your essays?? For the definitions you should read the mark schemes, they basically put what you need to write for the marks. I've been told that detail is key too but not as much as that - just about a line a mark. When you cant think of what to say just give examples to help expand your answer. Good luck!☺
Reply 5
Look at mark schemes they will indicate how much you have to write and examiners report

You need a definition, which you can find in the research methods companion book. I had a table but I didn't fill it in :frown: My teacher assured us don't risk it by not putting an example of some sort as it will provide detail to guarantee the 2 marks. This could be from any study or you could relate it to the above study. This exam is all about timing so right now the best thing to do is as many past papers as possible and time yourself to prepare speed. Good luck
Reply 7
No for most questions you don't need to contextualise the answer however if they want you to they will say it in the question someway or another so make sure you read the question properly.
Reply 8
Good luck to anyone for who is sitting the WJEC PY3 on the 9th of June (tommorow)... I am too. I hope it goes well for everyone :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Please could I have your model answers for PY3 and PY4? I'm desperate hahah
Reply 10
What websites are good for revising research methods? Simply Psychology has gone down lol
does anyone have py3 model answers for the essays? thanks!
Type in Google 'PY3 essays tumblr' then click on the first link and it should take you to the website with all things psychology based. On the right there should be a box that says example essays and click on the link inside that box then all PY3 essays should come up.

I would have inserted the link but for some reason my laptops playing up and it wouldn't let me do it, but if there's any problem let me know :smile:
Is controversies part of py3?
Original post by Don Shelliyah
Is controversies part of py3?

Nope that's PY4
Reply 15
Original post by johnd45
does anyone have py3 model answers for the essays? thanks!

Best of luck for the exam tomorrow! Get revising is a pretty good website for Psychology both PY3 & PY4, there's a few essays, definitions and flash cards on there!
In regards to the definitions for 2 marks I'd try and elaborate a little. I did my Psychology A level last year and got full marks at A2. It's all about staying calm and making sure the examiner knows that you know your stuff!
Best of luck to you all!
I know how stressful it can be!
If anyone needs any help in regards to either exams let me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrWoof
Best of luck for the exam tomorrow! Get revising is a pretty good website for Psychology both PY3 & PY4, there's a few essays, definitions and flash cards on there!
In regards to the definitions for 2 marks I'd try and elaborate a little. I did my Psychology A level last year and got full marks at A2. It's all about staying calm and making sure the examiner knows that you know your stuff!
Best of luck to you all!
I know how stressful it can be!
If anyone needs any help in regards to either exams let me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
And would you recommend using these
Answers?
https://stcmpsy.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/py3-model-answers-real-lra-2011.doc
Reply 17
Original post by johnd45
Thank you!
And would you recommend using these
Answers?
https://stcmpsy.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/py3-model-answers-real-lra-2011.doc

Those answers are pretty awesome, are they yours?
I'd say to just go in there with what you know and be you! I know that sounds really really daft but a lot of the marks are picked up A03 I believe they're called when you're explaining why for example the scientific method is artificial or why a specific study supports the idea that the scientific method is sometimes seen as reductionist. As long as you back up what you're saying with examples or even a sentence as to why you think so you will do fine!
I'm sure you've done loads of prep already so try not to worry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trev97
What websites are good for revising research methods? Simply Psychology has gone down lol

I suggest Youtube (skip boring ones lol)
and use google to search for quizzes and companion text books which often have quizzes
Also, email/text questions to your friends and colleagues
Reply 19
How does everyone think the exam went? I'm pretty confident!!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest