The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Biological science PARTNERS summer school

Hi, just wondering if anyone is taking part in the PARTNERS scheme in the biological sciences thread? Zoology in particular :smile:
Original post by Nataliechambers
Hi, just wondering if anyone is taking part in the PARTNERS scheme in the biological sciences thread? Zoology in particular :smile:

I am, not Zoology though!
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Dark Elixir
I am, not Zoology though!

Ah cool! You looking forward to it?
Ah cool! You looking forward to it?

This is probably a really bad answer, but no. I'm looking forward to everything about the university apart from the course :/..... I'm looking at other courses that I think I'll enjoy instead.
I think I'll end up changing my course too so don't worry about it haha
I think I'll end up changing my course too so don't worry about it haha

Any idea if people go out at night during the summer school or are people boring and just stay in and go to bed at 8pm?
Well I'm hoping so but I'm not sure because there's 'quiz nights' on haha.. what are you going to study if you don't mind me asking?
Well I'm hoping so but I'm not sure because there's 'quiz nights' on haha.. what are you going to study if you don't mind me asking?

Oh yeah, I just replied to the accommodation thing now and have seen the timetable with the "Big ASS quiz nights" and "Hot chocolate club" -__-. They also do a "Breakfast club" - wtf? The last time I went to breakfast club I was about 6 years old. I thought uni was about adulthood :biggrin:

I'm assuming you're staying in accommodation?
Original post by Dark Elixir
Oh yeah, I just replied to the accommodation thing now and have seen the timetable with the "Big ASS quiz nights" and "Hot chocolate club" -__-. They also do a "Breakfast club" - wtf? The last time I went to breakfast club I was about 6 years old. I thought uni was about adulthood :biggrin:

I'm assuming you're staying in accommodation?

Yeah I am, I only live 30 mins away from Newcastle though but thought I'd stay for the experience as I'll be moving out in September
Yeah I am, I only live 30 mins away from Newcastle though but thought I'd stay for the experience as I'll be moving out in September

Me too, I only live 30 minutes away!
Yeah I wondered what the sort of going out aspect of Partners would be like, since most people are going to be 18 so like drinking...? And then they emailed us about having ID and I looked at the photos on the Partners Facebook page from last year's 'quiz night'. It looks like it will be a good time I think.

I always worry this sort of thing will be a little awkward, meeting loads of new people, but I did their Biteisze Uni summer school last year which is a similar sort of thing and had a really nice time.

I'm doing town planning at Partners by the way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending