The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Mark scheme?
Reply 3042
Original post by ayan97
No, they'll probably have adrenal in brackets or something because it is still the correct answer.

That's a relief, thank you very much.
Original post by bossun
For the Insulin Question related to Diagram, I said for Number 1. GLUT 4 open (its a glucose transporter name). Will that get credit? As i had no clue those dark shapes were ATP -.-.

GLUT 4 is in the liver to make the membrane more permeable to glucose so more diffuse in and be converted to glycogen so lowers blood glucose conc.

I have done all the past papers and have never seen them saying GLUT 4. Hope they change it this year and let you get the mark
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3044
does anyone remember the order of the letters they put for the mitochondria question? i remember two W's for the matrix
Well looks like I hardly got anything right.
Last year it was 41 for an A and that was an easier paper. I got 44 according to the unofficial mark scheme. Hopefully the grade boundaries are nice a low - something like 37/38 for an A
Original post by Dave97
Last year it was 41 for an A and that was an easier paper. I got 44 according to the unofficial mark scheme. Hopefully the grade boundaries are nice a low - something like 37/38 for an A

Wishful thinking? I would be over the moon but I don't think they'll be lower than 40 according to what everyone has said on here and even then that's low
hey my tummy rumbled really loud in the exam and i was dying from embarassment :colondollar:
but i lost concentration for a couple of minutes and specially when trying to understand the dialysis questioso i think i lost a few marks cuz of that

so moral of the story EAAT BEFORE U GO INTO EXAM :mad::mad2::mad:
Original post by Gro96
85%?? Not if the bounds are anything like last year! Last year it was 63 for an A so even full UMS was only about 75/76%

I mean ums. Im aiming for 80 raw marka even though I wont get it. The lack of complacency will hopefully drivr me forward
Original post by Molly_xox
Bit late to this but what the f*ck was that. All those hours revising to have my grade decided by 'suggest...' and flipping dialysis. What a joke. :angry:

If you say you spent hours revising clearly it wont have been that difficult, also not to sure why people are annoyed about some things not coming up and dialysis coming up... Its an exam. They can ask anything within the spec, Which they did. And they cant ask everything + most of the topics have come up before so need new material. So to those that are pissed off, its done now and next time spread revision aross the board not just focus on the main parts.
Round of applause for the idiot above! a life coach perhaps?!
Original post by ayan97
Electron transport chain is inner membrane and inner membrane space so I'm pretty sure you'll get the mark

i wrote all 3 would i get the mark?
Range or error bars, they should be the same thing because they are used to indicate uncertainty in the parameter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smariah
Range or error bars, they should be the same thing because they are used to indicate uncertainty in the parameter

Posted from TSR Mobile

not std dev bars?>
anybody want to go through the content with on skype?
Original post by cmfunk
The only thing that's keeping me going is that fact that I got 294 ums last year ; /.

Good for you. Have fun at uni then.
Original post by frozo123
lol you don't even need to revise for f215 go away

Considering I got a minimum of 40, I do have to revise!
**** that exam was so unfair I spent hours learning all the ****ing cycles I could have done the same thing without revising at all!!! And the ****ing periotinial dyalysis was like three lines in the book and it was worth 13 marks?! Really??? Like seriously this is so unfair in the past papers I did I got my worse a B and I was hopong for an A but right now I would be happy with a C wth seriously Im so angry!!! If f215 is like this I might just cry in the exam!!!😡😡😡😡😡😭😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending