Adam9505
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hows electrical engineering department at the stoke campus? How's the nightlife? And ive heard the girl to boy ratio at stafford is bad whats it like at the stoke campus? Thanks for your help
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Adam9505)
Hows electrical engineering department at the stoke campus? How's the nightlife? And ive heard the girl to boy ratio at stafford is bad whats it like at the stoke campus? Thanks for your help
Hey there,

What kind of music are you into? Are you more of a clubbing person or a pubbing person?

The main club at the Stoke campus is Verve/LRV. It hosts Gobble, the signature student night and was refurbished last year with a new layout, furniture, flat screen TVs etc. We also have the Ember Lounge which has more of a pub vibe with food and drinks, a big projector screen for sports & film nights , regular karaoke nights and quizzes etc. It's all really nearby which is brilliant.

There's also a good variety of clubs and bars in town - The Sugarmill , Fiction, Walkabout, Rift & Co etc. Taxis are also really cheap so it's easy to get back to campus after a night out We're also really close to Manchester so it's easy enough to go up there to see bigger shows etc.

Our male to female ratio is roughly 50:50.

If you haven't seen it already check out our FAQ - loads more info about the uni there. If there's any other questions let me know

Katie
rachaexl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm just a bit worried about the accommodation. I applied for the en-suite rooms as my first choice and shared bathroom halls for my second. I applied about two weeks after the accommodation applications opened due to problems with UCAS, have I still got a chance at getting my first choice? Because I'm really hoping for an en-suite room!
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rachaexl)
I'm just a bit worried about the accommodation. I applied for the en-suite rooms as my first choice and shared bathroom halls for my second. I applied about two weeks after the accommodation applications opened due to problems with UCAS, have I still got a chance at getting my first choice? Because I'm really hoping for an en-suite room!
Hey there,

Accommodation is given out on a first come first serve basis.

I've just spoken to someone on the team and they've said that you can contact them directly at [email protected] and they'll be able to let you know where you are on the list.

There's upsides to both types of halls so don't let it worry you too much

If you've got any other questions or anything feel free to let me know,

Katie
Amanda4040
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Contact Liberty Living, Stoke if you don't get fixed up with an ensuite room, great place to live!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (135)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.81%
Not great so far... (273)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.58%

Watched Threads