The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baffledchick
Wishful thinking? I would be over the moon but I don't think they'll be lower than 40 according to what everyone has said on here and even then that's low

They base it on like the top 20% get A etc... A few years ago it was 40 and last year it was 41; considering last year to be harder than this year, it would suggest that the grade boundaries would be lower since people would have done worst overall.
I think I got 45 out of 60 after going through the unofficial mark scheme given that this was considered 90% last year could it possibly be a high A the is year say 85%+? Any ideas for grade boundaries this year?
Original post by Dave97
They base it on like the top 20% get A etc... A few years ago it was 40 and last year it was 41; considering last year to be harder than this year, it would suggest that the grade boundaries would be lower since people would have done worst overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it could be 39/38 for an A basing it on the lowest for physics A2 last year. Still Ocr science so could happen yea.
Original post by bossun
<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font><br />
<br />
I think it could be 39/38 for an A basing it on the lowest for physics A2 last year. Still Ocr science so could happen yea.

Sweet, this gives me so much hope
Original post by Carla2837
**** that exam was so unfair I spent hours learning all the ****ing cycles I could have done the same thing without revising at all!!! And the ****ing periotinial dyalysis was like three lines in the book and it was worth 13 marks?! Really??? Like seriously this is so unfair in the past papers I did I got my worse a B and I was hopong for an A but right now I would be happy with a C wth seriously Im so angry!!! If f215 is like this I might just cry in the exam!!!😡😡😡😡😡😭😭😭

I was actually pretty damn happy as I hadn't revised as much at all for the paper and they ask a lot of sort of suggest/application questions lol. I did get quite a few wrong though lol.
Original post by Molly_xox
I'm fuming, it's ridiculous. My suggest answers are different to everyone else's on here so seriously not expecting anything from this paper.

*hug*

well you all should thank me, I deffo put the grade boundaries down loooool
Original post by Student08
well you all should thank me, I deffo put the grade boundaries down loooool

loool u shouldn't think like that, you probably did better than expected (tbh everyone in my class thought the exam was really hard especially the peritoneal dialysis questions) I did last year paper yesterday morning and got 45 which was an A* but I found this exam really hard so don't worry too much about it) :smile:
Apparently I got 48/60 judging from the unofficial mark scheme, but I think the official mark scheme will be a lot stricter.
What ums do you think 51/60 will achieve? Do you think it's enough for the full 90 ums?
Original post by a123a
What ums do you think 51/60 will achieve? Do you think it's enough for the full 90 ums?

One billion ums

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harry1996
Apparently I got 48/60 judging from the unofficial mark scheme, but I think the official mark scheme will be a lot stricter.

agreed:/ I'm quite worried
Does anyone know off the top of their head, the lowest ever A* raw mark?
For the hypothermia question i mentioned how alcohol makes a person not feel the heat as well which would result in the individual not having a behavioural response of putting more clothes on and so will make the symptoms of hypothermia worse causing a positive feedback response.... anyone write anything similar or reckons I will be credited for this?!?!
(edited 8 years ago)
You had to talk about vasodilation
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
I was actually pretty damn happy as I hadn't revised as much at all for the paper and they ask a lot of sort of suggest/application questions lol. I did get quite a few wrong though lol.

I didnt do bad. But is just so unfair all the hours I spent revising and learning all the cycles not even one came up! And nothing about excretion but the dyalisis question which I didnt like except the calculatio one. Whatever...
Original post by Syystole
You had to talk about vasodilation

I understand that the general consensus is that vasodilation should of been mentioned, however it was a 'suggest' question
Original post by nombo
Does anyone know off the top of their head, the lowest ever A* raw mark?

For F214: 44/60 (Jan 2010)

For F215: 66/100 (Jan 2011)

Combined: 114/160 (Jan 2014 and June 2011)
Original post by Carla2837
I didnt do bad. But is just so unfair all the hours I spent revising and learning all the cycles not even one came up! And nothing about excretion but the dyalisis question which I didnt like except the calculatio one. Whatever...

Yeah. I am also a bit pissed off because I wrote extra information -30mv in that cell, when I think it was +30mv? Like I didn't even need to say that. I also labelled wrong and lost 2 marks there lol. All in all, I know I lost about 10 marks, hopefully should be an A still.
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Yeah. I am also a bit pissed off because I wrote extra information -30mv in that cell, when I think it was +30mv? Like I didn't even need to say that. I also labelled wrong and lost 2 marks there lol. All in all, I know I lost about 10 marks, hopefully should be an A still.

50/60 is more then a comfortable A.

bearing in mind an A was 41 last year and previous years it's been like 44 or 46
Original post by AR_95
50/60 is more then a comfortable A.

bearing in mind an A was 41 last year and previous years it's been like 44 or 46

Yeah, I feel I made a lot more mistakes, I made 4 for literally no reason other than not being bothered to cross it out and rewrite it because the space was limited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending