The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Either 6 or 7 marks I think. 7 sounds about right. I think you would only lose a couple marks.

Original post by vicki36
Does anyone know how many marks question 8a was out of? I didn't realise you had to find the constant once you integrated so I just rearranged it to x=f(t) but left C in. How many marks do you reckon I'd lose if I did everything else correct? Thanks
Original post by laurenn1995
on the trig question r(cosx-angle) did anyone get r=root29 and angle +1.19??? Anyone?? Think that's what I put... And then x at max value 5.09 or something?

I got that☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
IMG_0500.JPGAll My answers, really not sure on the coordinates for E though.
Reply 1483
Am I the only one who put the x coordinate for Q in terms of cos? I got cos(\frac{3}{2}) as my value of p was \frac{3}{4}
Original post by vicki36
Does anyone know how many marks question 8a was out of? I didn't realise you had to find the constant once you integrated so I just rearranged it to x=f(t) but left C in. How many marks do you reckon I'd lose if I did everything else correct? Thanks

99.9% sure it was 7marks
Original post by Alicebrooke
I got that☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got -1.19 ahhh
Original post by Eliott2406
For the differential equation what values did you have to substitute for x and t?

They worded it sneakily and said that "initially the pond is empty", or something to that effect. Therefore, the values you subbed in were t = 0, x = 0.
Reply 1487
Is there an unofficial mark scheme? That went so badly for me there's no point me making one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks do you think 90 ums will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm sure it was -1.19 because max value when cos(x+1.19)=1, this happens when cos(0) so x+1.19=0 so x=-1.19
Original post by CD223
Is there an unofficial mark scheme? That went so badly for me there's no point me making one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put my answers up, Dif equation is wrong and not unsure on coordinates of e
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RastaMouse96
I got -1.19 ahhh

Yes that's what x came to but they wanted the maximum value, and as you know there were two values in the range (1.19 and 2pi - 1.19) you got 5.09 :smile:.
I got 5.11 for the max value
Original post by Eliott2406
For the differential equation what values did you have to substitute for x and t?

I put in 0 for both
Original post by RavinderKlair97
i'm sure it was -1.19 because max value when cos(x+1.19)=1, this happens when cos(0) so x+1.19=0 so x=-1.19

yes or when it is 2pi.
They specified x >0 and <2pi.
therefor x max was 2pi-1.19 to 3.s.f :P
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :frown:!
Reply 1496
I'm gutted. A* gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got E(23,4,0) and E(11,11,0)
Original post by datpr0
They worded it sneakily and said that "initially the pond is empty", or something to that effect. Therefore, the values you subbed in were t = 0, x = 0.

Fml i thought of putting these and I didn't... How many marks will I lose if I didn't find C?
Anyone know the actual question for 8a

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending