The Student Room Group

M1 OCR (Not MEI) Exam - 9/06/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by aliah4666
I'm sure it was asking for just the magnitude of the frictional force which was 1.12N i think

Nightmare. Is there 2/3 in calculating the coefficient
Reply 461
Original post by dsfshello
How did you get 7ms for 6ivb , surely differentiate to get -6t^2 sub in three to get a velocity of -54, do all the momentum stuff you get 68m-54m=mv divide by ms and your left with 14 ms

Since the particles coalesce, the final momentum is 2mv. Both particles have a mass m.
Reply 462
Do you suppose we'll get ECF for 13.3N (or any marks for using the cosine rule) ?
Original post by aliah4666
this is exactly what i did/got and I'm wondering the same thing :frown:

Sane here, I think it was asking if xsanra was right what was the +ve acceleration.
Original post by VonDutchyy
For 5iv and v would you lose marks for saying -ve acceleration instead of 0?

Yes unfortunately. I did the same mistake but its completely wrong, as Friction cannot cause an object to accelerate
Original post by ertuu
Since the particles coalesce, the final momentum is 2mv. Both particles have a mass m.

**** good point
Reply 466
Original post by ms8061
if fmax (which you worked out as 0.558) is bigger than the force its working against (0.41), then the friction is instead equal to the force its working against, so the object doesnt move.

Do you suppose we'll get any marks for getting F=0.558? I also got -0.369
Original post by EmiratesCaptain
Yes unfortunately. I did the same mistake but its completely wrong, as Friction cannot cause an object to accelerate

But It is a -ve acceleration though as the model was a freeze in time, yeah if it were over a time period it'd be 0 but I think otherwise
Original post by mkwhater
what on earth was this I literally got around 40 something for the resultant how was it 9??????????

you needed to move one of the force eg move the 10n force along the 6n force to find the resultant so the angle used should be 70 degrees not 110
Reply 469
Original post by ms8061
if fmax (which you worked out as 0.558) is bigger than the force its working against (0.41), then the friction is instead equal to the force its working against, so the object doesnt move.

So I would've got a mark or two for working out fmax?

Same for iv?
Original post by VonDutchyy
But It is a -ve acceleration though as the model was a freeze in time, yeah if it were over a time period it'd be 0 but I think otherwise

The question asked for acceleration in general. If there was -ve acceleration the object would move BECAUSE of friction, which is nonsense
Thought I did f****** m*****f****** amazing but looking through this thread I've probably only done q7 right :l
Reply 472
What would I get in UMS if I got around 45 out of 72!?!? Help pleaseeee!
Do you guys think this was the easiest M1 paper compared with past papers? What has been the highest grade boundary for an A?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hssjsjh
What would I get in UMS if I got around 45 out of 72!?!? Help pleaseeee!

Reckon that'd be a C, think grade boundaries will be high this year
Original post by AlfieH
So I would've got a mark or two for working out fmax?

Same for iv?

I really hope so, I think we should drop just 2 across iii and iv.
Reply 476
What UMS do you think I will get if I scored in the region of 45/72!?!? Help pleaseeee!
Original post by xsanda
Xsanda's solutions:

Falling question
1i) v=28 [2]
1ii) s=6.384 [2]
1iii) t=0.598 [3]

Collision question
2i) u=6 [4]
2ii) m=0.2 [4]

Cycling question
3i) 20km, 5hrs [3]
3ii) 7 hrs [3]
3iii) 50km [2]

110° tick
4i) 9.74N, 35.4° [6]
4ii) 10.3N [1]
4iii) 54.6° [2]

θ force
5i) 1.04 [3]
5ii) 1.06 [3]
5iii) a=0 [3]
5iv) a=0 [2]

Coalescing
6i) v=68 [4]
6ii) s=78 [4]
6iii) k=132 [1]
6iv) v=7 [5]

Prism
7i) a=0.7 (show that), T=1.68 [5]
7ii) v=1.26 [2]
7iii) -a = 0.9 [2]
7iva) T=1.2 [3]
7ivb) Fr = 1.12 [3]

for question 4ii...it was to find out the force exerted on the particle by the surface right? how did you get 10.3N?
Reply 478
Original post by Chenice
Reckon that'd be a C, think grade boundaries will be high this year

Alright so what UMS am I looking at?
Original post by Hssjsjh
Alright so what UMS am I looking at?

A C is 60 ums
B=70 ums
A=80 ums

Quick Reply

Latest