The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boods8897
Yes! At least, I had one that was (?, 0 ,0) so I assume it was the same. Thought I'd completely messed that one up cos my friend got weird fractions

I got that with 38/7 as mew for the 2nd one donno coordinates
Original post by science33
i did that because the question asked for x coordinate.

I got X=2/3

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did, can anyone else confirm?
Original post by Briz97
did anyone get 7/4 for 7b?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CD223
If anyone does a mark scheme can someone PM me a link? I'm just so disappointed in myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You shouldn't be! You will have done better than you think, and examiners look for marks. I bet you did fine. There nothing you can do now until results anyway. Don't de disappointed :frown: be happy :smile:
I got 1/2 and -3/4 for the xcoordinate of p, rejected 1/2 as that was in first part so therefore -3/4?
Original post by jamal_m96
There was one on the back too, i nearly missed it out!!!!!

please tell me ur joking
Original post by I Persia I
I did, can anyone else confirm?

How many mark do u guys think I will drop for putting x= -1/8 and 1/2

from what i remember we had to find q? maybe both of us talking about different question.
for question 2 last part i got 3.34 for second value of x, pls any1 say they got the same :|
Original post by Emmanuel12344

I got x=-1/8 and 1/2. You had to realise x=1/2 was at point P not Q so you'd probably only drop 1 or 2 marks for not stating Q.
Reply 1610
I don't understand why people find this exam easy!! for me and some of my friend itwas really hard although we used to get 90ums and more in c4...

i hope that the boundaries will not be too high as i didnt do 8 b and 6bc :/
Original post by Emmanuel12344

1, at most 2.
1) A=3 B=-1
1b) 8/3ln5

2)ai r=root 29 alpha=1.19
2bi) max value root 29 x=5.09
2bii) x=0.568 or 5..72

3a) d=1
3b) (2x+1)(2x-1)(2x-3)
c) h(x)=(1=2x)^-1 differentiate shows its decreasing

4a) 1+x-2x^2
4b)i 1/4 -x/16+5x^2/256
bii) 0.2313

5a)gradient of normal =-1/2
5b) equation of normal y=2x-1/2
5c) x cooridinate -1/8

6a) 60 degrees (3 marks)
6b) (15,3,2) (4 marks)
6c) (23,3,0) and (11,0,0) (4 marks)

7a) 1/4-ln2 (1 mark)
b)11/8 (6 Marks)

8a) x=9/20-1/2(t+1)-1/20(1+t)^2 (7 marks)
b)dr/dt=k/pir^2 (3marks)
c) 3 (2 marks)
is it only me who didnt get 5. something for the other value of x on the Rcos(x+1.19) question? i got 3.34
Original post by sum1random
for question 2 last part i got 3.34 for second value of x, pls any1 say they got the same :|

omg Im so glad you said that, I got the same and just couldn't understand how it could be otherwise...
Reply 1615
Original post by Jed-Singh
I didn't even get r for the last one. and did the h(x) bit COMPLETELY wrong so youre not the worst mate. Whats makes everything so much worse is people are saying it was easy so high grade boundaries :frown:

In all, the gradient of p wrong, E I didn't find and I'm fairly sure i got the differential wrong/
Reply 1616
Original post by sum1random

same!!i got 3.33 but it seems like most people got 5.7something...
Original post by science33
from what i remember we had to find q? maybe both of us talking about different question.

The question was Q(cos2q, sinq) put it in a quadratic equation and find x coordinate, so I changed cos2q to 1-2sin^2q then put in the y coordinate that we were given so I don't completely remember what I got I know I got something like 3/2 or 2/3 something rational

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
In all, the gradient of p wrong, E I didn't find and I'm fairly sure i got the differential wrong/

with high grade boundaries aswell then im screwed. was relying on core to make up for option modules :frown:
Is it just me or I thought that the other coordinate for E (not the (11,0,0)) one didn't have a zero anywhere????

Quick Reply

Latest