The Student Room Group

M1 OCR (Not MEI) Exam - 9/06/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by seizetoday
A C is 60 ums
B=70 ums
A=80 ums

Do you think it would be at the higher end of the 60s or the lower end?
For the suvat graph question, surely T=6.6 not 7 because when B picks up the bike, A at that point has already travelled a further 16m hence working out the remaining time you use (S+16) as the distance left for B?
Reply 482
This definitely won't have high grade boundaries - it was no easier than last years and on average the grade boundary for this paper is 56.

It's important to remember that not everyone is as concerned about this paper as us TSRs. Yes 70% of people here may have achieved near enough full marks but there are 100s of others, 1000s maybe that would've found it really difficult - I know a lot of my friends did.

I'm saying 56/72 for an A. 45/72 would therefore be a mid B I reckon.
Reply 483
Anybody else got angle of 35.4 degrees with the force 10N?
Reply 484
How many M marks were available for 7 do we reckon? Out of 15 that is..

6?
Original post by benq

Yep :smile:
Original post by Hssjsjh
Do you think it would be at the higher end of the 60s or the lower end?

Low 60s possibly if it's high grade boundaries
Reply 487
Original post by Serena898
Yep :smile:

Excellent! What about the question where we had to calculate acceleration 4 times - was it 0 the last two times for you?
Reply 488
Original post by benq

It was tan inverse of 1.633/9.607 which gave 9.647.

It was then 45-9.647 so yes, 35.4!
Original post by benq
Excellent! What about the question where we had to calculate acceleration 4 times - was it 0 the last two times for you?

Yeah that's what I got
Original post by AlfieH
Here we go!

thank you sorry didnt reply earlier this helped so much with todays question!! x
Reply 491
I got friction for last part as 0.4? I did F+T-(0.4gsin30)=0.4 x -0.9... What did i do wrong?
Reply 492
Original post by sykik
I got friction for last part as 0.4? I did F+T-(0.4gsin30)=0.4 x -0.9... What did i do wrong?

Think I got that as well, I'm pretty sure I messed up tho
anyone reckon it'll be higher than 60 for an A?
Original post by AlfieH
This definitely won't have high grade boundaries - it was no easier than last years and on average the grade boundary for this paper is 56.

It's important to remember that not everyone is as concerned about this paper as us TSRs. Yes 70% of people here may have achieved near enough full marks but there are 100s of others, 1000s maybe that would've found it really difficult - I know a lot of my friends did.

Everyone in my class didnt like it and we3 have a mix of answers. Might even be 54 for an a or something
Reply 495
What do you think 52-54 will be?
Reply 496
Original post by jt663
Think I got that as well, I'm pretty sure I messed up tho

I got Tension as 1.2 so i donno where i have messed up??
Original post by AlfieH

Everyone I spoke to found it really easy and even the people who dislike and struggle with M1 found it simple. But you are right the grade boundaries wont fluctuate too much
Reply 498
Original post by sykik
I got Tension as 1.2 so i donno where i have messed up??

So did I, I was checking in like the last minute and realised I had used 1.4 earlier as well? I didn't have time to change anything, It could still be right tho
for the graph one i got
T= 7
5 hours
20 km
both travelled 50m

momentum i got u = 6

both travel in positive x direction with common speed 7

got 68ms-1 and 78ms-1 somewhere

1)i 28
ii) 6.384
iii) i got 5.98

last question