The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by londonkid2015
Don't suppose you've heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I just wish someone would put me out of my misery now!
Original post by AFellaW
Yeah a 1 bed/studio in a reasonable distance would be around £1000/pm, so a flat share would be the obvious choice but if you are planning to commute you need to weigh up the time and the cost of the commute as I wouldn't want a 2 hour commute each way but it depends on you really

Yep, that's true. The train is 1 hour from where I live to Victoria, and then there's the extra time at each end - getting to the station from home, and getting to work from Victoria! In all it adds up to about 2 hours, but that depends where I'm placed in London. I am commuting every day to my Summer job is London so we'll see how that goes! :unsure:
Does anyone know if travel is paid for, I was told it was by someone however I don't think they'd pay for me to get to London every day from Cardiff?
Original post by Lucydrysdale
Does anyone know if travel is paid for, I was told it was by someone however I don't think they'd pay for me to get to London every day from Cardiff?

Cardiff to London is a bit of a trek isn't it? Why not move closer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joshsolman
Cardiff to London is a bit of a trek isn't it? Why not move closer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's people I live with in Cardiff and prices will be so high in London! Plus none of us actually know how much we are going to be earning, how often we are paid etc

They wouldn't pay for your travel but if you managed to get a season ticket they'd give you an interest free loan and take it out of your paycheck each month, isn't it a 2 and a half hour journey into London anyway from Cardiff?
Original post by AFellaW
They wouldn't pay for your travel but if you managed to get a season ticket they'd give you an interest free loan and take it out of your paycheck each month, isn't it a 2 and a half hour journey into London anyway from Cardiff?

Yeah it is, it's a nightmare. I've tried asking them to change my preferred location and they were quite rude about it but I'll have to wait. A season ticket tho sounds more hopeful cause I wouldn't mind doing that really if that meant I could stay here. Thankyou!
Yeah it is, it's a nightmare. I've tried asking them to change my preferred location and they were quite rude about it but I'll have to wait. A season ticket tho sounds more hopeful cause I wouldn't mind doing that really if that meant I could stay here. Thankyou!

I would imagine it to be quite dear though, there was someone on here said a season ticket from Oxford was £5500 and that's only an hour journey!

Does that mean you've been told for definite that you're working in London?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AFellaW
I would imagine it to be quite dear though, there was someone on here said a season ticket from Oxford was £5500 and that's only an hour journey!

Ah okay maybe not!!
Anyone else getting really really impatient to find out their location? I'm pretty sure that I'm going to wear my refresh button out! :-(
Original post by Spuggl3s
Anyone else getting really really impatient to find out their location? I'm pretty sure that I'm going to wear my refresh button out! :-(

Someone phoned yesterday and said that they were still dealing with letting people know they were successful. Might not find out location till next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joshsolman
Someone phoned yesterday and said that they were still dealing with letting people know they were successful. Might not find out location till next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww.....don't tell me that! ha ha! I'm not very good at waiting.....especially when I'm excited! :-)
I applied for the midlands area and have still not heard anything back yet. I had my assessment on the 23rd of April in Birmingham. I had to do an additional online test after the assessment day as design and technology was an alternative option of mine.

Just wondering if anyone can enlightened me on whether they've heard back yet for the Midlands and what the hold up could be. Thanks :smile:
Reply 934
Original post by RSpencer9
I applied for the midlands area and have still not heard anything back yet. I had my assessment on the 23rd of April in Birmingham. I had to do an additional online test after the assessment day as design and technology was an alternative option of mine.

Just wondering if anyone can enlightened me on whether they've heard back yet for the Midlands and what the hold up could be. Thanks :smile:

I was thinking the same thing, my assessment was in Birmingham too but on the following Monday, haven't heard anything.

I'm in a similar situation. Had my assessment day in April and have since done the mindmill online tests; but haven't heard anything since.

I attended the Birmingham assessment centre on the 23rd. Were you morning or afternoon?
I've still not heard anything either :/
I'm so impatient knowing its today or tommorow! Ahh! I haven't been told definitely but I was told in an email and that they've based it on my preferred location :frown:
I'm so impatient knowing its today or tommorow! Ahh! I haven't been told definitely but I was told in an email and that they've based it on my preferred location :frown:

So are we finding out today or tomorrow?
Original post by AFellaW
So are we finding out today or tomorrow?

Should be yes as that was what I was told in an email yesterday as they were just finalising everything yesterday with the organiser.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending