The Student Room Group

AQA Electronics ELEC2 June 2015

I know not many people take electronics as a subject, but i was wondering how revision was going for the unit 2 paper. Also, how was the unit 1 paper?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
I thought the paper was hard and I am an A2 student wbu.
It was hard, I'm so lost for unit 4 looking at 2014's paper it was just horrible.
Reply 4
Original post by mackenzie2576
It was hard, I'm so lost for unit 4 looking at 2014's paper it was just horrible.

No way!
I found someone who is sitting A2 electronics on tsr. I am really baffed to, I heard the chief examiner changed last year, hence such a drastic change in paper style, which means it will be hard for us to identify a pattern from what has come up in past papers as we only have 2014 to go by :frown:
Like that last paper was hard, i don't have any idea on how to program in assembly
Original post by Jae578
No way!
I found someone who is sitting A2 electronics on tsr. I am really baffed to, I heard the chief examiner changed last year, hence such a drastic change in paper style, which means it will be hard for us to identify a pattern from what has come up in past papers as we only have 2014 to go by :frown:

What topic do you think needs revising the most?
Reply 7
What topic do you think needs revising the most?

Honestly I am not sure with the new examiner I had some idea based on the 2010-2013 papers but thats out the window now considering how hard last years paper was.
Original post by Jae578
Honestly I am not sure with the new examiner I had some idea based on the 2010-2013 papers but thats out the window now considering how hard last years paper was.

I think programming is something that is going to comeback.
Reply 9
I think programming is something that is going to comeback.

Yes sorry 100% a programming question will come up, I believe there has been one from 2010-2014 also feedback tends to come up a lot, in regards to negative and positive feedback.

How are you revising, I find revising electronics difficult because different books, sources and online on IKES give different definitions.
Original post by Jae578
Yes sorry 100% a programming question will come up, I believe there has been one from 2010-2014 also feedback tends to come up a lot, in regards to negative and positive feedback.

How are you revising, I find revising electronics difficult because different books, sources and online on IKES give different definitions.

Revising for electronics is suicide. There's this really good website called reviseomatic.org.uk
Its better than ikes and using the support booklets i think.
Reply 11
Revising for electronics is suicide. There's this really good website called reviseomatic.org.uk
Its better than ikes and using the support booklets i think.

I also use reviseomatic but even then there is some sections that are on that site not in the support book and vice versa.

ohh well keep at it, hopefully tomorrows paper is a nice one, good luck! (:
Reply 12
Any idea where to find the older 2009 and earlier mark schemes?
Original post by Jae578
Any idea where to find the older 2009 and earlier mark schemes?

There's a workbook with a set of questions and answers from the old series.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2430-W-TRB-ELEC4EXEQ.PDF
Reply 14
There's a workbook with a set of questions and answers from the old series.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2430-W-TRB-ELEC4EXEQ.PDF

Thanks!
Reply 15
Good luck

EDIT: How did it go I thought the first few pages were really tricky even the programming in regards to the questions where it gave you 3 lines to write.. I wrote something like:

MORW PORTB
AND 0X01
JPZ label
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Jae578

MORW PORTB
AND 0X01
JPZ label

Yeah that is what I put too.
Nice paper overall though I thought
Reply 17
Original post by JVSAIL
Yeah that is what I put too.
Nice paper overall though I thought

Yea it was okay-ish.. I do think grade bounadaries will be a go up from 52 last year being an A.

What about the second program beneath that one what did you put that one as, it baffled me I think I put:

MOVRW PORTA
AND 0X(something here, I also think AND is wrong because it told us to "SET" it)
MOVWR PORTB

Is the first and third line at least correct? ;(
Original post by Jae578
Yea it was okay-ish.. I do think grade bounadaries will be a go up from 52 last year being an A.

What about the second program beneath that one what did you put that one as, it baffled me I think I put:

MOVRW PORTA
AND 0X(something here, I also think AND is wrong because it told us to "SET" it)
MOVWR PORTB

Is the first and third line at least correct? ;(

First one was

MOVRW PORTA
AND 0X01
JPZ (label)

Second one was

MOVRW PORTB
OR 0X08
MOVWR PORTB
Reply 19
Original post by jonathanyyt
First one was

MOVRW PORTA
AND 0X01
JPZ (label)

Second one was

MOVRW PORTB
OR 0X08
MOVWR PORTB

Ouch, I lost a mark on that, I really regret not learning the unipolar driver circuit and a few other questions that came up..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending