The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jed-Singh
question 2 needs sorting and for vectors I swear it was E(11,0,0) and E(23,4,-8)

I got roughly the same.Can't be an other 0 as y value in the one with 23 as x value
Original post by CD223
Added it to the MS in the first post!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get the acute angle as?
Original post by JRN-95
7a) i got k=1/4+ln(2)

Was definitely - ln2 :frown:.
CD223 mate, might be worth double checking vectors part incase im right, but tbh the way todays been I doubt it lol
Original post by Emmanuel12344
65 for an A*

respectfully disagree because it hasn't been that high in few years and this paper wasn't easy enough to warrant a 6 mark increase for the A* boundary. 66 probably the 100ums cap
Original post by Jed-Singh
My predictions:
60 A*
55 A
50 B
etc etc
because it wasn't SOLID like we expected, but it was challenging and maybe a bit more difficult than last years but were supposedly getting 'smarter' so I think an increase of 1 isn't too unfair

I thought it was easier than last year. If you look through last year's thread it seemed like an absolute nightmare at the time when most people here seem to think this was alright, I hope I'm wrong but I think 2 higher than last year's, maybe 3 if I'm being pessimistic but probably not.
Original post by the_googly

Nah it's a little too low, not being biased i kinda thought i should have done better but i would say 57 for an A 64-65 ish for an A*
I have a question

for question 2 b

would there be 4 values for the degrees?

because it's sqrt, hence +- ?
Reply 1808
Original post by HennersPD
What did you get the acute angle as?

60, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1809
Original post by datpr0
I doubt you'd lose any marks for it, the mark scheme would likely say "or/condone [insert the angle in radiains]".

Thanks ;D
Reply 1810
Was C (15, 6, 2) or (15, 6, -2)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776
Potentially, did anybody else show x tending to infinity = 2x-3 tending to infinity = 1/(2x-3) tends to 0? Therefore is decreasing. (Idk if it was 2x-3 but was something like that)

I did this too with limits, and then I drew a quick sketch of the graph and pointed out that after x=2 the curve was tending to y=0, so decreasing.
Reply 1812
looking at this mark scheme I got a U without a doubt, damn I really wanted at least an E :frown:
Reply 1813
does anyone remember what the lambda values were for the line l?
Original post by datpr0
Was definitely - ln2 :frown:.

how because the equation is y^3 + 2e^(-3x)y + x = k so you'll end up with
(1/2)^3+2e^-3ln(2) * 1/2 + ln2=k
Original post by Alexandrite
I thought it was easier than last year. If you look through last year's thread it seemed like an absolute nightmare at the time when most people here seem to think this was alright, I hope I'm wrong but I think 2 higher than last year's, maybe 3 if I'm being pessimistic but probably not.

Original post by Chung224
Nah it's a little too low, not being biased i kinda thought i should have done better but i would say 57 for an A 64-65 ish for an A*

yeah fair comments, but there were some tricky questions and obviously vectors is a whole different matter. I don't think 65 will be an A* as like I said a 6 mark increase suggests the paper wasn't challenging to most people. whereas general consensus is the exam is tough but fair, so yeah maybe 61/62 A* highest
Would be eternally grateful if somoene uploaded the paper. :smile:
Reply 1817
Reckon 61/75 is enough for 90 UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1818
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
Would be eternally grateful if somoene uploaded the paper. :smile:

Tried my best to remember the questions (see first post)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Reckon 61/75 is enough for 90 UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hopefully buddy, im in the 58-62 range depending on the examiner so fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Latest