The Student Room Group

OCR Business studies F297 - SHL Pre- Release 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
If a question about exchange rates comes up, would you have to talk about the £ depreciating and £ appreciating or can you just focus about one in particular? If I go into detail I cant manage to talk about both in the time frame needed :s-smilie:
Don't know if anyones asked/answered this but any ideas on what to write for this question-
'Recommend and justify a strategy which could enable SHL to improve their efficiency in developing new products.'
Original post by Pribb
If a question about exchange rates comes up, would you have to talk about the £ depreciating and £ appreciating or can you just focus about one in particular? If I go into detail I cant manage to talk about both in the time frame needed :s-smilie:

I would talk about both and just make a point then flip it the other way.
Original post by imothornhill
Don't know if anyones asked/answered this but any ideas on what to write for this question-
'Recommend and justify a strategy which could enable SHL to improve their efficiency in developing new products.'

Haaha! I was just about to plan an answer for this question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thepatel_1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am really stuck on it, have no idea what you could put :/
Can someone give me a hand on how to answer or even plan this question

Evaluate which stakeholder group is likely to be the most influential in the achievement of SHLs 2016 objectives..

Help would be really be appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cav0rting
So, I've prepared vague answers for the following:

Strategy to improve SHL's efficiency
Impact of a change in exchange rate/interest rate/taxation on SHL
Whether SHL should invest in Mardidi/new teenage brand
Likelihood of SHL meeting £70m revenue objective
Whether SHL's stakeholders view it as a successful business
Evaluate the financial position of SHL
Benefits to SHL of outshoring

Could someone please tell me if I am missing any potential obvious questions?

How would you evaluate the financial position of SHL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thepatel_1

Posted from TSR Mobile

would you have to talk about how they could adjust the order of their product development activities and add in things like market research before initial concepts and sketches to minimise costs on products that aren't wanted as well as perhaps making efforts to reduce delivery times?
Someones already answered this question but I've completely forgot.
For the CPA they might ask you how can SHL improve efficiency, what can you say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by raypalmer
Someones already answered this question but I've completely forgot.
For the CPA they might ask you how can SHL improve efficiency, what can you say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

-It allows SHL to shorten length of time to complete each project (competitive advantage)
- resources needed for each activity can be ordered just before they're needed (JIT) this will also save money
- by spotting float, they can redeploy resources elsewhere
this is what i have, hope this helps
Original post by imothornhill
-It allows SHL to shorten length of time to complete each project (competitive advantage)
- resources needed for each activity can be ordered just before they're needed (JIT) this will also save money
- by spotting float, they can redeploy resources elsewhere
this is what i have, hope this helps

Thank you, this helped, could you say they should put less effort and resources into activities that are not critical

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, this helped, could you say they should put less effort and resources into activities that are not critical

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, exactly :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could say that the activities that have 68 days float (G and J), only have so much float due to the suppliers taking a long time to manufacture/ ship the clothes. Therefore, the length of the critical path is kind of out of SHL's control, and swapping resources won't do much in their case. Instead they could perhaps put pressure on suppliers, or even find new suppliers such as more in Eastern Europe that will require shorter lead times. Hope that helps a little :-)
Original post by Charleyc7
You could say that the activities that have 68 days float (G and J), only have so much float due to the suppliers taking a long time to manufacture/ ship the clothes. Therefore, the length of the critical path is kind of out of SHL's control, and swapping resources won't do much in their case. Instead they could perhaps put pressure on suppliers, or even find new suppliers such as more in Eastern Europe that will require shorter lead times. Hope that helps a little :-)

Cheers, this has helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody think that they will keep the CPA The same or will they change it?

Thanks
can somebody please help me with the questions that ask ' the likely hood of meeting objective',?

:smile:
Original post by Schooledsam
Does anybody think that they will keep the CPA The same or will they change it?

Thanks

if that 13 marker is on CPA they'll defo change the figures
Day before the exam, so good luck everyone! Just wanted to check if everyone had the same answers for the ratios! Maybe this will help some people out idk.

Current Ratio 2012 - 15662/9206 = 1.7 2013 17019/10660=1.7
Acid Test 2012 8720/9206 = 0.95 2013 10335/10660= 0.97 both unhealthy but an improvement in 2013
Gearing 2012 1722/8779 X 100= 19.6% 2013 2648/12995 X 100 = 20.4 which is normal
Creditor Days 2012 = 207 2013=172
Debtor Days 2012 = 87 2013=73 days
Debt to Equity 2012=1.24 2013=1.29
Interest Cover 2012=3.1 2013=42.4
ARR = 8.4%
Payback period is a ball ache because I dont think you can work it out!
Dont really know many other
Some others figures that could come in handy. %change in net 12-13 = 3528.92%
Cost of sales increase 12-13 as %= 39.9%
PED = Mens, polo. green 2.5
Mens Casual shirt green 1.33
Mens casual yellow 1
childs polo -0.4
ladies polo 0.4
ladies casual 0.42.

If you can think of anymore useful ones do let me know! Although I said good luck before, I don't mean it, I need you all to fail, praying for low grade boundaries! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rose1212
if that 13 marker is on CPA they'll defo change the figures

Ok , they probably will. I'm just stuck on how to calculate a node when you have two nodes going into it like on the CPA on the case study for Node D what figure do I take?
Also the same for Node J when working backwards how do I figure out the LFT?
Thanks very much for any replies :smile:
Original post by akashpatel02
can somebody please help me with the questions that ask ' the likely hood of meeting objective',?

:smile:

Brief points. .

Mardidi could help incease sales revenue
Sponsorship can help with awareness = Harvey direct
Accurate stock - growth in revenue obj
Drawbacks of off shoring manufacturing - IP

Also could you help me with PED if u have any notes on them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending