The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chung224
all apart from an A, being 57

I'd bet an A was 56, ive looked at the grade boundaries for the last 4 years of June exams and the highest A in those was 55 so i think 56 is reasonable.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2001
Everyone happy with the mark scheme now?
If you look further back say June 10 it was 62 for an A then a 67 for A* - anybody think it could be like that for this paper?
Anyone going to study Maths at Bath University?
Did anybody get 2-ln(2) for Q7 b)
I tried the question again but still getting the same answer
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fotevaf
Photo on 09-06-2015 at 15.37.jpg

thanks how many marks do you reckon i could get if i forgot to multiply back in the 2?
Cos I think I've ****ed up and I've still got 5 exams to go yet :s-smilie:
Original post by CD223
Everyone happy with the mark scheme now?

Do you know if I can get full marks on later questions (i.e. part b,c,d..) with an error carried forward from part a? I think I've done this on a number of questions but am not sure how the accuracy mark works.
Reply 2008
Do people think 73/75 on Core 3 and 64 or 65/75 on Core 4 will be enough for 180 on the two?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fotevaf
Photo on 09-06-2015 at 15.37.jpg

How many marks do I get till the -3/4 part?
Reply 2010
Original post by Millerman
Do you know if I can get full marks on later questions (i.e. part b,c,d..) with an error carried forward from part a? I think I've done this on a number of questions but am not sure how the accuracy mark works.

I couldn't tell you as I'm not 100% sure :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Do people think 73/75 on Core 3 and 64 or 65/75 on Core 4 will be enough for 180 on the two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

easily
Original post by Achroite
If you look further back say June 10 it was 62 for an A then a 67 for A* - anybody think it could be like that for this paper?

Personally I think the grade boundaries are unlikely to go that high, they may be 2 or 3 marks above last year's but not much more. The June 10 Core 4 paper seems easier than the one we all sat today as well.
Original post by CD223
I couldn't tell you as I'm not 100% sure :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dw mate just focus on getting your other A*
Could someone explain 8b(ii) please?
I thought inverse means that constant k is negative, not that k is divided by the surface area of the circle (which I forgot...)
Reply 2015
Original post by Millerman
easily

Okay thanks - I haven't lost hope haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol ofcourse it is, stop worrying man do well in your other exams, you can worry on results day :smile:
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say so!
Original post by Artur96
Could someone explain 8b(ii) please?
I thought inverse means that constant k is negative, not that k is divided by the surface area of the circle (which I forgot...)

did the same thing
Original post by hamza3256
Did anybody get 2-ln(2) for Q7 b)
I tried the question again but still getting the same answer

Please somebody answer this question

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending