The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

how many marks would you recon you'd get for working out D on the vectors but not getting E?
For the first part of 8 I got x=(5/4)[1-1/5(1+t)]^2 - 4/5. Is this correct or not?
Do people think that 75/75 in Core 3 and 61 or 62/75 is enough for an A*? ...Really panicked in today's exam, despite aceing core 3 and doing well in past papers :/
Going of that markscheme and what I remember writing, think only got max around 58 :'( Soo annoying!! Think I made some really stupid mistakes so gonna get lower grade than wanted now :frown:
Genuinely think I would have got 100 UMS if we were allowed to have 1 hour and 31 minutes to do the exam :'''( Damn you differential equation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Everyone happy with the mark scheme now?

On 8bi, does the k and the pi cancel to give a different constant?
Original post by applegeek96
how many marks would you recon you'd get for working out D on the vectors but not getting E?

Probably 1/2 for the marks on the alternate method (This will not be the main method, but they will have an alternate one!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MagusRothen
Do people think that 75/75 in Core 3 and 61 or 62/75 is enough for an A*? ...Really panicked in today's exam, despite aceing core 3 and doing well in past papers :/

You know that you have done more than enough.
looking at the mark scheme, i think i hit 65/75 (made some stupid errors because i just blanked) but i'm going somewhere between 60-68/75. what grade do you think this would be, roughly, and will this and 68-ish/75 on c3 be enough for an A? thanks :smile:
Reply 2029
Original post by Chung224
Lol ofcourse it is, stop worrying man do well in your other exams, you can worry on results day :smile:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone think average of 53 on both papers is enough for 140 ums?
Original post by MagusRothen

I hope so!! It would just scrape 90% over c3 and c4. You're exactlky the same as me - think c3 was maybe 75 and c4 58 - 61 :frown: Spent too much time on the earlier questions and so didn't do as well on 2nd half :/
Reply 2032
Original post by jkrolling12

Not sure! I get your point but I think they were looking for pi in the equation to show you know the area is pi r squared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hamza3256
Did anybody get 2-ln(2) for Q7 a)
I tried the question again but still getting the same answer

I'll try it now, one sec
Original post by fotevaf
I'll try it now, one sec

Thanks, actually its 7b) my bad
Original post by fotevaf
I tried it and got 1/4

I could show you if you like

although, I can't remember what I got in the actual exam, so I sure hope I wrote 1/4

thanks, but I made a mistake ( i did edit it), it was suppose to be q7b)
Anyone got a solution to finding E?
Reply 2037
Original post by ForgottenApple
Anyone got a solution to finding E?

That question scarred me. Hate vectors :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jkrolling12

No, saying they "cancel" is mathematically incorrect. Instead, because you know k is a constant and pi is a constant you can combine them to make a new constant.
Original post by CD223
That question scarred me. Hate vectors :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote 2 pages of working for it.

Then scrapped all that and added 1/2 AC and 3/2AC onto B :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending