The Student Room Group

AQA Classical Civilisation CIV4D 12th June 2015

Hi there, is anyone doing this exam on Friday? :smile: I'm feeling quite nervous!
I'm doing 4C so joining you in the nervous boat! Which did you do today?
Original post by Serphinia
I'm doing 4C so joining you in the nervous boat! Which did you do today?

CIV3B Persian Wars, how about you? :smile:
I did the same! Do you think it went okay?
Also, I have been talking to people about the 3B exam who are also doing 4C, I can put you in touch with them if you like? Feel free to PM curiousginger
Original post by Clytaemnestra
Also, I have been talking to people about the 3B exam who are also doing 4C, I can put you in touch with them if you like? Feel free to PM curiousginger

That would be brilliant, thank you :-)
On the bus atm, so will do it when I get home
I did the same! Do you think it went okay?

It was really good I think! I practically predicted what would come up last night, and it did! I predicted Xerxes' lament and myth :smile: 10 marker was on the kommos and 40 mark was on oracles and divine intervention, what was the other 40 marker? I knew it was bad when I looked at it :P
Wow, thats awesome! Im not sure what the other 40 was, I did the divine one. I think I messed it up though, didnt write about any other comparative factors :-/
Wow, thats awesome! Im not sure what the other 40 was, I did the divine one. I think I messed it up though, didnt write about any other comparative factors :-/

Don't worry - for the 20 I talked about Darius' ghost adding more drama and for the 40 I talked about speeches :smile:
Thats kinda a relief! I've spent the afternoon looking up UMS totals and seeing how many marks I can drop before I lose my A haha.
Thats kinda a relief! I've spent the afternoon looking up UMS totals and seeing how many marks I can drop before I lose my A haha.

That's good though, I don't even have an A - I got a B in CIV1A, and a D in CIV2B which dragged my average to a C, so I retook CIV2B last week, hopefully it's going to work out in the end, I'm kinda depending on them in case these exams go shockingly.
I'm hoping you get the mark you need then! I'm kinda freaking out because I average a B in all my other subjects and I need ABB in order to get into Uni.
Thanks
Hi there, is anyone doing this exam on Friday? :smile: I'm feeling quite nervous!

I'm doing this exam! I'm definitely feeling a little nervous, I'm going to be cramming as much as possible between now and Friday! I had the unit on Greek Tragedy today - nobody else seems to have done that one!
Original post by aaronspiers
I'm doing this exam! I'm definitely feeling a little nervous, I'm going to be cramming as much as possible between now and Friday! I had the unit on Greek Tragedy today - nobody else seems to have done that one!

Oh right that sounds good! In unit 3B we had to choose either Herodotus or Aeschylus, and then the 40 marker was a comparison between the two. Aeschylus is Greek tragedy :smile:
Oh right that sounds good! In unit 3B we had to choose either Herodotus or Aeschylus, and then the 40 marker was a comparison between the two. Aeschylus is Greek tragedy :smile:

Ah, that's interesting! I actually tried to persuade our teacher last year to teach us that unit for A2, but the head of section made us do the Julio-Claudians and Greek Tragedy. I've enjoyed Greek Tragedy a lot though, I think so much so that I'm actually going to buy and read other Greek tragedies this summer! Did you like Aeschylus?
Original post by aaronspiers
Ah, that's interesting! I actually tried to persuade our teacher last year to teach us that unit for A2, but the head of section made us do the Julio-Claudians and Greek Tragedy. I've enjoyed Greek Tragedy a lot though, I think so much so that I'm actually going to buy and read other Greek tragedies this summer! Did you like Aeschylus?

Yeah it was good! :smile:
Has anyone got any predictions for tomorrow's CIV4D paper? I'm thinking possibly a 40 marker on frontier and provincial policy, which I'm not good at so I'm revising that now...any others? Apparently Tacfarinas is unlikely to come up again for a 10 marker, but could it for a 20 marker? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending