The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

4 hours of exams tomorrow :frown:
anybody do m2 and/or d1 edexcel today???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blamethenargles
I feel really old now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

why how old are you? youre acting like youre 60 but you look like youre 10! :smile:
Just felt I should comment since we're in the 9900 posts now.... been lurking a few months :tongue:
Original post by MangoFreak
Damn I hope this doesn't mean FP2 will be a bitch :tongue: I haven't done any FP2 in ages, was going to start on Saturday.

Urgh I haven't even started that yet, got 2 physics exams to deal with in the mean time :frown:
Original post by Tibbz2
Don't worry, im pretty sure everyone found it really difficult.

Even the people doing STEP and who are genuinely good at maths in my class said they buggered up because it was weird. Low grade boundaries hopefully!

I've done the maths and I can go as low as 60UMS and still come out with an A in FM providing I got what I think I got in the other papers.
Original post by Tibbz2
Urgh I haven't even started that yet, got 2 physics exams to deal with in the mean time :frown:

I doubt I'll get an A* in F.Maths, I neither can nor want to focus on FP2 when I've got C3-4, M4, Physics 4 and 5 and Chem 4 and 5 to do in the next couple of weeks :tongue:

Doesn't matter in the end, since I'm going to Oz UMS isn't very important, just need A*AAA to basically do whatever.
Original post by Sam596
RIP any chance of me getting an A in Further Maths after that FP3 exam.

Original post by Tibbz2
Don't worry, im pretty sure everyone found it really difficult.

Even the people doing STEP and who are genuinely good at maths in my class said they buggered up because it was weird. Low grade boundaries hopefully!

I am doing STEP and need an A* in Further, uh uh uh uh, I got no higher than 52 on that FP3 paper, like I got TRASHED, I dont think ill be meeting my Warwick offer, need FP2 to go really really well (also STEP as well obviously).
(edited 8 years ago)

C3, C4, FP1, FP3, S1, S2, M2 and D2 are all estimates. Fingers crossed (and yes, I know the AS units aren't A*s but its just easier that way).

Also, if anyone here doesn't know what grades they're likely to get, quote me and give me your UMS estimates, I'll reply with the grades you'd get.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sam596

C3, C4, FP1, FP3, S1, S2, M2 and D2 are all estimates. Fingers crossed (and yes, I know the AS units aren't A*s but its just easier that way).

Also, if anyone here doesn't know what grades they're likely to get, quote me and give me your UMS estimates, I'll reply with the grades you'd get.

I'll do this for fun :tongue:

C1 97 C2 100 C3 95 C4 90 FP1 82? FP2 random guess 89 S1 87 D1 83 M1 94 M2 85 M3 85 M4 90

Some of those are total guesses. C2 I definitely feel like I got full marks, but I'm sure I might have dropped something somewhere for some omission of working.
Original post by MangoFreak
I'll do this for fun :tongue:

C1 97 C2 100 C3 95 C4 90 FP1 82? FP2 random guess 89 S1 87 D1 83 M1 94 M2 85 M3 85 M4 90

Some of those are total guesses. C2 I definitely feel like I got full marks, but I'm sure I might have dropped something somewhere for some omission of working.

Maths - 563 UMS - A*
Further - 514 UMS - A

Edit: made a mistake, fixed it now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by radhikagulati
4 hours of exams tomorrow :frown:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys just need some clarification,if you get less than 40 in c3 or c4, say 34 UMS, does that still get counted towards the overall grading or is it 0?

And just before you judge, I only need 34 UMS to get an A, so I want to see wheter I can afford to not revise much in this subject

Thanks )
Original post by tilly_a
Hey guys just need some clarification,if you get less than 40 in c3 or c4, say 34 UMS, does that still get counted towards the overall grading or is it 0?

And just before you judge, I only need 34 UMS to get an A, so I want to see wheter I can afford to not revise much in this subject

Thanks )

If you're in a position where you only need 34 for an A then surely you don't really need to revise to get an E anyway?

Yes it does count, as far as I'm aware.
In New York atm.Not even enjoying the trip as of yet.
Will put London over New York anyday
Original post by Skill Twix

Embrace it!

Go have some fun

Try and have a better trip than I did.

Enjoy!

How long are you there for? Hope you end up enjoying it :tongue:

NY is a place I'd love to live, but I've never been interested in going there as a tourist.
Will we get to 10k tonight?

Thank you!