The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MM2B Mechanics 2 - Monday 22nd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Lau14
Yeah, you usually just find the modulus of the vector but be careful to show all the steps in your working I think?

Thanks! I just wasn't sure how explicit to be in my workings - whether I should calculate it and factorise, or simply state "because sin^2x + cos^2x = 1..." and just calculate the magnitude using the coefficients squared :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 241
I'm just realising that although M2 is challenging (it's A level Matjhs after all), it's not too difficult once you read the question properly. It actually makes it much more enjoyable.
Reply 242
Original post by Tiwa
I'm just realising that although M2 is challenging (it's A level Matjhs after all), it's not too difficult once you read the question properly. It actually makes it much more enjoyable.

I get what you mean. The questions are all doable but it's hard to spot if at first!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JackNorman
Doing OCR A physics, unit 4. It's quite easy I should be able to do it, it's like M2 but simpler and with a couple mor physicsy topics thrown in. Managed to get 80%UMS in it last year and I ran out of time with 12 marks worth of answers left 😩
What did you get in UNIT 5 last year mate?
Original post by andywells
What did you get in UNIT 5 last year mate?

94%
Reply 245
How's everyone feeling for M2? I'm so demotivated after C4. C3 was beaut.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought core 4 was a lot better than core 3 😂
Reply 247
I thought core 4 was a lot better than core 3 😂

Lol! I think I got 73-74 on Core 3 and 64-65 on Core 4 😭😥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Lol! I think I got 73-74 on Core 3 and 64-65 on Core 4 😭😥

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking 57-60 for core 3 and about 64-67 for core 4. I'm hoping the c3 grade boundaries are like last years core 4 ones and then I might be able to get an A* 😂 not much chance after c3 though
Reply 249
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

C4 went better for me than C3. I'm just going to make the final push for M2.
Reply 250
I'm thinking 57-60 for core 3 and about 64-67 for core 4. I'm hoping the c3 grade boundaries are like last years core 4 ones and then I might be able to get an A* 😂 not much chance after c3 though

We can all hope. I'll be back on the day before results day when boundaries are released on the thread to see people's opinions :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
94%

Have you got any advice/tips? I'm rubbish with wordy questions!
Reply 252
Original post by Tiwa
C4 went better for me than C3. I'm just going to make the final push for M2.

How do you plan on revising it?

Do you have many other exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
We can all hope. I'll be back on the day before results day when boundaries are released on the thread to see people's opinions :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Core 4 boundaries will be high this year! Jan 2011 it was 68/75. Won't be that high but preparing for the worst, I'd say 63-65 is an A*
Reply 254
I think Core 4 boundaries will be high this year! Jan 2011 it was 68/75. Won't be that high but preparing for the worst, I'd say 63-65 is an A*

Yeah. Bracing myself as I think I got around 64-65 so it'll be close.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you got any advice/tips? I'm rubbish with wordy questions!

I went through the book and tried to make a model answer for every wordy question that could come up pretty much. I'm usually awful at anything to do with writing but I really enjoyed the unit so I didn't mind learning it. And I'm not saying don't do past papers, but it think I did 2 for that exam and it was my best mark, I just read the book a lot and took a lot of notes.
Original post by CD223
Yeah. Bracing myself as I think I got around 64-65 so it'll be close.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Youll definitely have an A* if you managed that ridiculous score in core 3 haha. And I'm not sure what to think of the core 4 grade boundaries, I'm thinking maybe 63 or so for A*, I really doubt it'll be more than that! as it was a fairly straightforward paper but a lot of mistakes will have been made.
Reply 257
Youll definitely have an A* if you managed that ridiculous score in core 3 haha. And I'm not sure what to think of the core 4 grade boundaries, I'm thinking maybe 63 or so for A*, I really doubt it'll be more than that! as it was a fairly straightforward paper but a lot of mistakes will have been made.

Yeah I've no complaints of the core 4 paper itself. It was me who made the stupid errors lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 258
Original post by CD223
How do you plan on revising it?

Do you have many other exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just doing past papers and using the revision guide. I still have 5 exams to go so yet, quite a lot. By the end of this week I will only have three exams left so I can focus a lot more on M2 with C3 and C4 out the way. Do you have many exams?
at least 72 on this, at least 73 on C3, life's good :biggrin:

Quick Reply