OCR Psychology A2 course , help/advice? Watch

thomas7861
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've just started the OCR psychology course A2 , any advice in starting this? I have done the AS part and i found it okay , but the a2 seems very hard and complicated, anybody got a break down of how it works and any advice? thank you.
Shadaye
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It consists of 4 big topics: Healthy, forensic, education and sports psychology. The teachers choose which two u do, I did health and forensic.

In each four big topic or another 4 topic. This might be confusing so let me give u a example.

Health has four topic: healthy living, stress, dysfunctional behaviour and disorder. You would only need to know there because it is guaranteed that out of the three u learn all three will come up of just two of them. And that's is ok as u only meant to answer two question in the exam.

I think I explain that as good as I can, but if you're still confused check out a past paper question on the OCR site or the specification.

Hope this help and good luck.
P.S this subject at A2 level is really difficult
P.P.S if u start revising really early u will get a good grade
P.P.P.S you have to learn 54 studies not 15 like in AS
Good luck!!!
nels23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thomas7861)
I've just started the OCR psychology course A2 , any advice in starting this? I have done the AS part and i found it okay , but the a2 seems very hard and complicated, anybody got a break down of how it works and any advice? thank you.
Today was the first psychology A2 exam for OCR.
Here is what it consists of:
Your college will pick two topics with Forensic Psychology and Health and Clinical being the most popular

Each topic Forensic Psychology there are 4 topics;
Turning to Crime
Making A Case
Reaching a Verdict
After a Guilty Verdict

In each topic there are three subsections which include 3 studies each eg:
Turning to crime:
Upbringing - 3 studies
Biology - 3 studies
Cognition - 3 studies

A lot of studies have to be learnt and memorised around 50/60 so if you're doing A2 Psychology then be consistent with your revision and constantly go over the studies throughout the year. It seems very difficult but with good planning and organisation you will be fine.

Let me know if you would like to know anything else
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (152)
18.77%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.75%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.04%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.2%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed